IRS Job Posting - sound sounds like FBI, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    About 15 to 20 years ago, the IRS-CI (Criminal Investigation) had their office in the same building in Merrillville where I worked. While the IRS had a "retail storefront" in another area of the building, the CI, had a completely separate, unmarked suite with a built-in, room-sized gun vault. I saw it after they moved out. We knew exactly who was where because several of the partners owned the building and knew who they leased to.

More than once when I was working late, I would see several Crown Vics getting lined up and windbreaker-wearing feds from the IRS, FBI (its Merrillville office was about a block away), and sometimes the DEA (the aforementioned windbreakers helped me keep track) getting the vests out and confabbing before an operation.

The couple of times I remember, I think it was taking down drug traffickers. Yes, drug traffickers get charged with tax law violations.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    IRS Job Posting - sound sounds like FBI, etc. View attachment 217028
    Can anybody verify that this is the actual, unmodified version of the application? I went to the IRS web site, and the snapplication info there is identical to the snippet above but w/o the highlighted *bullet* point. I hope the one above is correct and maybe the IRS did the editing because it fits my Geheime Staatspolizei meme I'm working on much better.

Screenshot_20220812-173429_DuckDuckGo.jpg

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Can anybody verify that this is the actual, unmodified version of the application? I went to the IRS web site, and the snapplication info there is identical to the snippet above but w/o the highlighted *bullet* point. I hope the one above is correct and maybe the IRS did the editing because it fits my Geheime Staatspolizei meme I'm working on much better.

View attachment 217387
    They "updated" their post, but you can find the original in the archive: https://archive.ph/82jmN

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Looks like they have 300 openings currently. Below are basically the current bare minimum, entry level requirements for the job. Good luck finding and training an additional 80k.

1660351110583.png

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

- Barack Obama, July 2nd 2008

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Looks like they have 300 openings currently. Below are basically the current bare minimum, entry level requirements for the job. Good luck finding and training an additional 80k.
    Exactly. I baffles my pea brain that nobody wants to work. The social experiment where everybody stays home but collects money worked. Congratulations Bilderbergers et al!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

They aren't trying to hire 80k additional agents. Treasury report wants 5k retained and hired.

The figure for 80k-ish employees is for total hires is over 10 years, and is including replacing retirees and other losses from attrition and is for all positions. Customer service reps to sworn officers to non-sworn auditors. Not an 80k expansion and definitely not 80k sworn personnel.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    50 hour a week and on call can eat poop and die, never doing that again.

I punch that clock and cease using deadly force against other Americans at 4:55pm, thank you very much.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    They aren't trying to hire 80k additional agents. Treasury report wants 5k retained and hired.

The figure for 80k-ish employees is for total hires is over 10 years, and is including replacing retirees and other losses from attrition and is for all positions. Customer service reps to sworn officers to non-sworn auditors. Not an 80k expansion and definitely not 80k sworn personnel.
    That makes far more sense. All I hear are people talking about 80k agents and I guess I believed it without thinking much beyond how unrealistic it sounds.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "Carry a firearm and use deadly force if necessary."

That "job" description fits a lot of 2A Americans. Heck, a lot of us would ascribe that to husband, father, deacon, etc., etc.

And ever look up the ammo usage by the Dept of Agriculture?
    So…what? Nothing to see here? Pay no mind, it’s just business as usual?

I‘m starting to wonder if there is any transgression that you’d fault with in our “Of the people, for the people” government. It’s all for our best interests, right?

Leftist shill is the impression provided.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That makes far more sense. All I hear are people talking about 80k agents and I guess I believed it without thinking much beyond how unrealistic it sounds.

To put 80k agents in perspective, the IRS doesn't quite have 80k employees in total. The FBI has about 35k. That's not sworn personnel for either, that's law enforcement to call takers and everything in between.

An entity having not quite 80k employees needing budget to hire 80k employees over a 10 year period, especially when over half of the personnel in some areas are eligible for retirement today, is not exactly surprising. But outrage of the day to be exploited for political gain and profit. It'll be another forgotten scare in a few months.

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    To put 80k agents in perspective, the IRS doesn't quite have 80k employees in total. The FBI has about 35k. That's not sworn personnel for either, that's law enforcement to call takers and everything in between.

An entity having not quite 80k employees needing budget to hire 80k employees over a 10 year period, especially when over half of the personnel in some areas are eligible for retirement today, is not exactly surprising. But outrage of the day to be exploited for political gain and profit. It'll be another forgotten scare in a few months.
    I get what you're saying, but in the light of recent events & specifically the ever-increasing overreach we've been witnessing, if it is to continue in this direction then they are going to need a sizable force to enforce unpopular laws/regulations/etc.

I'm not one to see conspiracy around ever corner at all, but to me it just makes sense. They are 100% serious about as much gun control as they can get, but I think it's becoming more obvious that your average LEO didn't sign up for that. All the laws in the world aren't worth anything if they cannot be enforced. I sure hope that's way off base, but after what I've seen in the last 10yrs...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get what you're saying, but in the light of recent events & specifically the ever-increasing overreach we've been witnessing, if it is to continue in this direction then they are going to need a sizable force to enforce unpopular laws/regulations/etc.

I'm not one to see conspiracy around ever corner at all, but to me it just makes sense. They are 100% serious about as much gun control as they can get, but I think it's becoming more obvious that your average LEO didn't sign up for that. All the laws in the world aren't worth anything if they cannot be enforced. I sure hope that's way off base, but after what I've seen in the last 10yrs...

5 years ago people here flipped out that the IRS had enough guns and ammunition to give each of it's sworn officers (those working armed security posts and those doing criminal investigations) nearly 2 guns (nearly half could get a long gun!) and 2k rounds of ammo and this same scare was spread. I wonder how many people who were all worked up about that still remember it happened today? Or how many worked up over this will remember this in 5 years?

IRS is an easy target, nobody likes the tax man, but let's be realistic. The people telling you they are trying to hire 80k agents are lying. The question then becomes why are they lying? To rile you up for political gain or to gain clicks for money are the most common reasons. And to do that there always needs to be a new scary thing. This is Republicans' monkey pox.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    200w.gif

Top Bottom