• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    @indyartisan thanks, man! Very kind words and much appreciated.

@MattCook I hate that your only AK experience is with a bottom of the barrel ... hell, underneath the barrel gun. Even if Dave's good advice helps with your top cover you're still going to be left with an iffy shooter. Personally, I'd be anxious literally every time I went to the range with an IO, and would be checking headspacing before and after every outing. I'd also be inspecting rivets religiously, and looking for any other signs of cracks or metal fatigue or other issues. And that's all coming from a guy who's pretty handy with a Kalashnikov. If you're an AK noob and not totally sure what to look for, I'm seriously a bit concerned for your safety.

I'll repeat what I said a bit further up this thread, but if you really do dig the AK platform and plan to shoot more than a few more boxes of x39 ammo in your lifetime, I think you owe it to yourself to get a better gun. The import market is bass ackward right now and I generally don't recommend USA-made guns, but even a third-gen PSAK (they're still rolling these out but have advanced to the gen-5 models by now) will net you a better, safer, and warrantied ownership than that Triscuit steel IO. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything AK-related.

Just my two rubles. Good luck with your gun ... don't forget your eyepro.

Top Bottom