• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I'm looking into getting a SBR here in Wisconsin. When I get ready to move back to Indiana next year is it necessary to pay the transfer tax again? Another question is; Do I have to transfer the SBR by Wisconsin FFL to Indiana FFL before I move or within a specific time frame?

Anything else I should know about this?

Thanks for any input...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As far as I understand it, the transfer tax is only paid when the item transfers to another person. However, if you wish to relocate to another state, you have to notify the ATF of your intention so that they can update the Registry. Moves in-state don't require you to notify. I think there's a specific Form for that, and I think you have to do it prior to your move. Someone more knowledgeable than I can fill in more info, I'm sure.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    doesn't cost you anything except a postage stamp to mail the ATF this form in duplicate:
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f532020.pdf

Once you get an approved copy back, you can move it across state lines. Required for both temporary and permanent travel across state lines.

ATF lets you do them for a whole calendar year for temporary transportation, too.

-rvb

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Thanks for the info and help. Now the waiting game begins after I find the carbine I want.

Thanks also for the link to the form. I would have never realized this could be so simple for a government task.;)

Top Bottom