• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Howdy all, I ran across an interesting book while here in SC on vacation, "The Glock in Competition, A Shooter's How-to Guide" by Robin Taylor. Now before anyone goes off because "Glock" is part of the title, it is more than half about getting started in GSSF, IDPA, USPSA/IPSC, Bowling pins and Steel challenge competitions. I find it a good starting point as a newbie in these shooting competitions. The section on IDPA explains a lot of the differences from USPSA and I like that. I have been accused of being too interested in reading about a topic, before I try something, but that's just the way I think. Anyway it beats some of the other tripe at the bookstore and I liked reading it on the beach :) Anyone else seen/read this book? It seems like a one-of-a-kind on competitions. Anything else out there like it? Pardon if I don't respond to this post for the next couple of days , as I will be in the car driving home to wonderful IND.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i've read the book. robin did a pretty good job of writing a "primer". now quit reading and get out there and shoot. there's a uspsa match at the wabash valley club tomorrow (20 july). very "new shooter" friendly crew.

Top Bottom