Interactive map showing ALL pistol permit holders (downright scary)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I am facebook friends with Military Arms Channel, and he posted this tonight. It is downright scary. This newspaper, through the Freedom of Information Act, requested all the names & addresses of the permit holders in two counties in Virginia, and posted them on an interactive map.

This is completely unconscionable. This map has a red dot at the home of each permit holder, and if you click on the dot, it gives you their name and full address.

All the criminals have to do is to stake out the house, figure out when they are not at home, break in, and go shopping for free guns.

If you think that having a registration is not that big of a deal, you just don't realize how far the Anti Gun crowd will go.

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Hm.

In a free Republic, they're free to publish what they want.
    However, we're also free to find out who runs and edits the publication and publish their addresses. See how much they enjoy their 'public' information being truly public.

Tit for tat; quid pro quo.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This newspaper, through the Freedom of Information Act, requested all the names & addresses of the permit holders in two counties in Virginia, and posted them on an interactive map.

All the criminals have to do is to stake out the house, figure out when they are not at home, break in, and go shopping for free guns.

It's not the perfect solution, but this is why I have dogs. You may get one, you may even get a second, but chances are good that one of the three are going to rip you a new one if you enter my property uninvited.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    It would be interesting to see an overlay of the neighborhood crime in those areas.

From the looks of it, the majority is, I am assuming, upper income neighborhoods by the number of golf courses.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Well, knowing she is in favor of 'freedom of speech', I helped her by posting her info on my FB page. It was the least I could do for one of her causes.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yikes. Just found this map from the newspaper in question. I can't imagine this ending well.

bilde

http://www.lohud.com/article/201212...bout-weapons-your-neighborhood?nclick_check=1

Top Bottom