• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I notice we are throwing around the word insurrection, like the dems want us to.

Does the word insurrection apply to those that breached and burnt the Minneapolis police station during the George Floyd riots?
    Or the storming and holding of the Wisconsin state capital in 2011 by labor activists. They held and occupied it for weeks if memory serves me right

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There was nothing peaceful. There was no goal other than bloodshed and stopping the gears of the government during the Capitol Hill riot/chaos/insurrection. There was no plan but violence and mayhem.

1611072437457.png

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I notice we are throwing around the word insurrection, like the dems want us to.

Does the word insurrection apply to those that breached and burnt the Minneapolis police station during the George Floyd riots?

Agreed. Being a dumbass does not equal insurrection. Edward Luttwak literally wrote the book on coups; his Twitter posts on and after the 6th are instructive.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Apparently the FBI is arresting those that entered into the Capitol Building for what they did INSIDE the building and out.

“'If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,' Reffitt, 48, said to his son and daughter, according to his wife"

This is not protesting. It is naked criminal behavior done with the pretext of some "higher purpose".

So, to recap what these fools did, federal crimes which those now in power will use to attack all of us. Thanks, morons.

"Traitors get shot", huh?

So... should we honor his belief? :dunno:

Remember when the worst these morons did was carry a jacked up SKS low slung at Chipotle?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Peaceful protest is a First Amendment guaranteed Constitutional right. Merely being present at a truly peaceful, non-violent, not "93%peaceful" protest would not present a basis for a felony charge.

However, it is clear that many of those who breached the police lines, fought the police, and entered the Capitol Building went beyond protest.

This would also be different for those who joined a protest that was later deemed a riot and disobeyed a lawful order to disperse.

Not to say that a DC prosecutor wouldn't try to bring a charge.
    Funny definition of "breached the police lines", the videos I see show the police opening barriers and doors and waving the crowd in.

In one segment of video it shows an officer in a doorway hold his hand out to hold the crowd back and they stop, then he backs up, picks up what looks like his baton off the floor and then waves them in further.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Kirk's professional input is totally invaluable. :ingo:

That said, I don't agree that the rioters that broke into the capital building were seeking bloodshed. They did exactly what they wanted, take stupid notariety selfies of themselves in the building looting.

There were a lot of rioters over the summer that received "hero" notoriety, without repercussion, doing the same as the capital rioters.

As to the OP, anyone who went into the capital building should know that they were commiting a felony. Most that did were likely already felons of some level anyway. 2A rights for them were not on their minds, probably out of their reach to begin with?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about these guys, just yesterday? They actually were seeking blood.

11 cops injured. Are these rioters insurrectionists?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The terrible loss for the actual conservatives is the loss of the moral high ground. The left will rightly use this to label all conservatives as horn wearing wackos.
    Whether or not you think there was enough fraud to swing the election to Biden, or whether or not the capital insurgents were paid liberals. Perception is reality. The real election fraud is the media, and how we've allowed ourselves to be painted with crazy paint.
    We've got to start winning the culture war or we're doomed.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    And just how are we to win that war? We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.
    We've been doomed since long ago and especially after the last election.
    I'll be honest, I'm not completely sure. But I think it starts by rejecting the narratives all media companies propagate. Not just talking about MSNBC and ABC. I'm talking about all mainstream media. Comcast/Facebook/Etc. They're all painting us as clingers. Personally I get most of my news from the Daily Wire. They are starting to get in to the culture and become more of a traditional journalism source now.
    I do know that causing a big unorganized mess in the Capitol doesn't help.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Feds focused on rounding up the Threepers.

Big, fat brain worms with this bunch.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Feds focused on rounding up the Threepers.

Big, fat brain worms with this bunch.

Hmm. I am a "Threeper". I guess they are going to keep pushing. Not to mention that Oath Keepers is not a ****ing militia. I cannot wait until it pops.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't disagree, but besides funding PragerU lawsuits against "big tech", what do you suggest? Even Dr Seuss has been banned
    Dr Seuss hasn’t been banned. The company that published his books decided to no longer publish some of his more controversial works. Works most people probably have never ever read. This was an act of virtue signaling, not banning. You can still get all your favorite Seuss books.

Top Bottom