• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Marylands on the South side of The Mason Dixon, Never had Yankee chili or Barbque?
    Do I get that in Indiana?
    Yes. I’ve tasted the abominations they call “good” chili and “good” barbecue. Maryland may be south of the MD line but it’s still yankee to people down south.

bullcrap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Paoli
    The question would be, which Ketchup?
    Like sweetness levels, RedGold is super sweet when compaired to most others.
    I had a school teacher tell the class, (that was a long time ago) that there were two kinds of people, those that ate to live and those those that lived to eat. I'm guessing that everyone on here are the ones that live to eat.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Interestingly, enough, I have found that if you are trying to make a “replica” dish (rather than making something better); the key ingredient is MSG.

Most people assume Chinese food gets the MSG treatment, but A LOT of popular dishes from chain restaurants has a bit in the recipe.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes. I’ve tasted the abominations they call “good” chili and “good” barbecue. Maryland may be south of the MD line but it’s still yankee to people down south.
    lol. Only place ive ever been called a Yankee truly has been here in Indiana.
    The irony was when I asked where they thought Md was they told me around New Hampshire and Vermont.
    Elimate four counties and Marylands so Southern you can still marry your cousin.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Chicken cheese and rice for me. Love getting it at the local Mexican restaurant but it is always packed out and there are days it’s just better to do it ourselves. Cheaper too!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah I've seen that, but I have everything needed to make them without leaving the house at any given time
    I don't cook nearly as much as I used to. DoggyMama eats like a bird and it seems like we end up throwing out a lot of leftovers. Consequently I don't keep a lot of baking supplies on hand.

My ex and I both cooked at TGI Fridays and both enjoyed eating. We used to make a lot of their recipes (back in the day when they made everything from scratch). Now they have a central commissary and all their stuff comes in frozen. Soups and sauces are all boil-in-bag stuff and their menu selection went from over 100 items when we worked there down to just a couple of pages now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My wife loves to cook and is very good at it (as proven by the extra girth I've gained in the 16 years we've been together), she's quite successful at deciphering the recipes for various restaurant chains. She's done exceptionally well with Carrabba's menu.:drool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't cook nearly as much as I used to. DoggyMama eats like a bird and it seems like we end up throwing out a lot of leftovers. Consequently I don't keep a lot of baking supplies on hand.

My ex and I both cooked at TGI Fridays and both enjoyed eating. We used to make a lot of their recipes (back in the day when they made everything from scratch). Now they have a central commissary and all their stuff comes in frozen. Soups and sauces are all boil-in-bag stuff and their menu selection went from over 100 items when we worked there down to just a couple of pages now.
    Gordon Ramsy disapproves.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Pete's Mexican Food - Beef Burrito

I have to make it because Pete's is in Huntington Beach, CA. First went there in 1981 and was hooked on that burrito and 2 chicken tacos as my every time order. Pete's granddaughter told me the secret to the red chile sauce, and I have been making my own Pete's burritos ever since.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    General Tso's Chicken is my white whale of food reproduction. I'm like 70% there. Can't get the sauce to have enough volume or syrupyness. Thighs instead of breasts was a breakthrough, as was the obligatory chili peppers.

I will harpoon you one day, General. I shall feast upon a faithful reproduction of unhealthy garbage from the dirty Chinese place before I die.

Top Bottom