• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    My question is how did you get the approval so fast? Is it different process
    than suppressors?
    Yes.

Form 1 - Individual to Manufacture: 21-45 days
    Form 2 - Dealer Manufacture - 1-5 Days
    Form 3 - Dealer to Dealer Transfer - 5-14 Days
    Form 4 - Dealer to Individual - F*ck if I know these days.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    This has been a bit in development...

What I decided to do with my INGO lower, was to create a dedicated 22LR setup for (hopefully) Revere's Riders and new shooter orientation.

Intent is this rifle will be the 22LR learning / training rifle from my generation, and completes a set from my Grandfather's Winchester single shot, through my Father's Mossberg, and my Winchester 190 gifted to me in my youth, to one purchased and shot by me as an adult. My hope is my children will use it to teach their children proper gun safety and marksmanship so their children may enter the militia capable and prepared.

INGO 2023 lower, PSA Magpul MOE lower kit.

Bear Creek Arsenal (BCA) 22LR side charging upper. I knew I was taking a chance on BCA, but the cost of more reputable manufacturer's are just simply out of budget.

Optic is a Bushnell Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm Drop Zone-22 Rimfire BDC Reticle. (MidwayUSA clearance)

USGI Web sling.

Once all of the parts arrived I assembled the lower, upper, and mounted the scope.

From a design and build perspective the BCA upper appearance was good to excellent. The barrel is frankly stupid heavy, and the bore appeared pristine visually. I really liked the bolt design, minus the need to use an allen wrench to remove the handle to pull the bolt from the upper.

Function initially, was awful. This was partially my fault, as I had managed to install the hammer spring backwards (which explained the surprisingly good trigger pull...). In the initial configuration and with the hammer spring installed incorrectly there was a 20 - 50% failure to fire. I attempted to re-profile the firing pin and improved function, but could not reach 100% with the Federal 36gr.

With the hammer spring installed correctly the rifle was short stroking, stove piping, and double feeding. Eventually after some examination and troubleshooting I removed the buffer and spring. Voila! Now it functioned!

The trigger pull was not stellar, but the rifle was 100% with Aquila 40gr and 80% plus with Federal. Next option was to install a Wolff Extra Power hammer spring (Stk nbr. 30093), now the trigger pull sucks, but the rifle will fire the Federal 36gr 100% and accuracy is much improved.

What stands out to me is that BCA's design and build seem to be fine and of good quality. The documentation however; is abysmal. Eventually I discovered a BCA video where they state their dedicated 22LR uppers can be ran bufferless. That is an understatement. Running the BCA 22LR upper with a buffer weight and spring is almost guaranteed to cause failures. I believe most functional assemblies will need an extra power hammer spring for reliable ignition of 22LR.

I will continue to troubleshoot. My next option will be to reprofile the firing pin and see if I can achieve reliable ignition with a standard weight hammer spring, or I may invest in an MBT-2 trigger in the hopes the trigger pull will be better with the Wolff Extra Power hammer spring. Regardless, the rifle is now usable, and fun!

It is worth noting that BCA has sent three (3) firing pins to support my troubleshooting at no cost, and they covered shipping. If BCA would simply document the lower requirements for reliable function with their 22LR uppers, they would undoubtedly have a better reputation.

That is a 7/8 inch paster at 25 yards with 5 rounds Aquila 40gr Cu plated 22LR; standing supported.

PXL_20230408_155334152.jpg PXL_20230406_203241605.jpg PXL_20230406_203336114.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    72ED9C3A-2887-4AB8-A61C-311DD966988C.jpeg

Glad the bugs are getting worked out. I have thought about getting one of their 22 uppers as well just to have some options and obviously would shoot more than I will 223 or 556.

I did finally get all the fde magpul pieces I wanted. As usual lighting and pictures do weird things. All matches to naked eye

9D4FEF56-B362-46EB-883B-E5F8DC0718DD.jpeg

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Just finished mine up this evening used some parts from aim surplus and a 2 stage trigger co worker had and did not like. Still undecide on upper.
    Just finished a 350 Legend. Used a right hand charging handle upper from Bear Creek. If you're mounting a scope, it makes opening the bolt easy. Depends on weather you're hunting or tactical. Good luck<><Duce

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Finally got around to building out my INGO lower. I really like how it turned out. Different than anything I had in my collection. I am slowly but surely moving away from rear charging handles on my AR's and this is another step in that direction.

Here is the build list:

INGO Lower
    Foxtrot Mike FM-15 Gen 2 5.56/.223 Wylde Upper w/ 13.9" barrel
    Surfire Warcomp (pinned & welded)
    Franklin Armory Binary Trigger (gotta use that bacon setting!)
    Parker Mountain Machine "Kate Moss" Stock
    Sig Folding Stock Adapter
    Holosun HE510CGR Optic
    Magpul MOE Grip

Then I had ZR Tactical Solutions do the cerekote work in "Green Mamba". They did the pin & weld also and all the work was excellent as always. Hope y'all dig it!

IMG_4714.jpg

Top Bottom