• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I originally signed up for INGO to find pistol and carbine matches. Over the years I have had the chance to meet and shoot with a lot of good people from INGO, but trying to meet up with people you have never met before at a match can get awkward. I decided to order an INGO hat and have my user name embroidered on the side of it, and start wearing it to matches.

I finally wore it to my first match recently, and caught some flak over it. I was told is so many words by a person (I had never met him before) at the match that nobody who wears an INGO hat could actually shoot anyway, and instantly took me for some sort of liability. Fortunately I got squadded with this gentleman, and at least one other INGOer as a witness. After smoking this guy on the first stage, he actually complimented me on my shooting. I replied "I think it's the hat!”. He didn't laugh. I continued on to take 1st place overall, all while shooting my compact carry " cheap" Glock.

At the end of the match, I ran into this guy at a restaurant I stopped at on my way home. He didn't actually apologize for his attitude towards INGO hats, but did share some stories to back up his comments. He also complimented me on my performance, and invited me to a match he was shooting in the next weekend. (I took this as his best attempt at "I'm sorry for projecting my preconceived notions onto you", as I could tell he was the kind of guy who would rather take a beating than to apologize). I did go shoot in the match that weekend with him.

In the end, the hat worked to meet people at matches, just not at all the way I thought it would when I ordered it. I'm still going to keep wearing the hat!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some people just do not have any filters.
    He may have got his package in a ringer here as well. Some people (you know who you are (:nono:) just carry a lot of butthurt around with them.

Last edited:

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I didn't ask his user name, and didn't post this with the particulars because I am not calling anyone out. In the end, the INGO hat introduced me to other INGO members, just as I had hoped. It just didn't happen in the way I had originally planned. I am not sure the humor came through in my typing.

If you see an old fat guy at your with CZ evo3 on the side of his INGO hat, come say hi. If the guy wearing it is not the most handsome gunslinger on the range, PM me. Someone has probably stolen my hat.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's groupthink.
    Acting like all members associated with a group are all the same.

All black people..
    All white people..
    All men..
    All women..
    All people with guns..

The list goes on and on.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Blaming INGO for peeps not being able to shoot is like blaming the gun for murder. There are many good shooters on INGO but INGO doesn’t make you a good shooter. Like many Avatar based mediums many things posted reveals a character lurking behind the cartoon. So it is that security net that means we may never know if he’s on INGO or not. I like the hat idea cause there are a few that I would like to meet.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Blaming INGO for peeps not being able to shoot is like blaming the gun for murder. There are many good shooters on INGO but INGO doesn’t make you a good shooter. Like many Avatar based mediums many things posted reveals a character lurking behind the cartoon. So it is that security net that means we may never know if he’s on INGO or not. I like the hat idea cause there are a few that I would like to meet.

Ditto! Though I am not sure I want my username embossed on the side. If the conversation goes sideways I want the option of claiming I'm TJ :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One thing I learned working the INGO booth with CM back in the day: CM gonna buy a knife. Another thing I learned is there are a whole lot of people who take **** way too seriously and would be much happier if they didn't carry that sack of butt hurt around with them everywhere.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Similar thing happened to a friend of mine, we were at a match (on different squads) when someone made the comment to him “I have real sponsors!”, my friend was wearing histeam matchtracker Jersey (so was I)

i guess if if I put a ingo logo on my matchtracker Jersey I won’t have any friends!

Top Bottom