Please reply by conversation.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Went to pick my lower up yesterday from ZRTS only to find them closed.

Before I left home, I checked their hours using Go Ogle and was informed that they're open M-W, F 10A-6P and Sat 10A-3P, Closed Tr & Sun. Get to their door and there's a sign that reads Open M-F 10A-6P, Closed Sat & Sun.

Checked Go Ogle when I got home to verify I didn't misread anything ... nope, same intel. For grins, I click on their Facebook page. Hours are listed as M-F 9A-5P.

WTF?!?

Not only am I a bit peeved about their INGO special transfer fee of $40 (which I only learned about when Bob gave me a call to let me know my lower was ready for pick up), but now I learn that they can't even be bothered to list consistent operating hours for a potential customer to find.

All I ever read about ZRTS on INGO is how wonderful they are to work with. Well, each day that passes convinces me more and more that this will be my second interaction with ZRTS ... my first and last.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

Before I left home, I checked their hours using Go Ogle and was informed that they're open M-W, F 10A-6P and Sat 10A-3P, Closed Tr & Sun. Get to their door and there's a sign that reads Open M-F 10A-6P, Closed Sat & Sun.

Checked Go Ogle when I got home to verify I didn't misread anything ... nope, same intel. For grins, I click on their Facebook page. Hours are listed as M-F 9A-5P.

WTF?!?

Not only am I a bit peeved about their INGO special transfer fee of $40 (which I only learned about when Bob gave me a call to let me know my lower was ready for pick up), but now I learn that they can't even be bothered to list consistent operating hours for a potential customer to find.

All I ever read about ZRTS on INGO is how wonderful they are to work with. Well, each day that passes convinces me more and more that this will be my second interaction with ZRTS ... my first and last.
    I agree, that seems high for a transfer of $100 value from their business. I admit that I have been spoiled with my ffl transfer situation, but even when buying from my local brick and mortar they only charge for a transfer, not a purchase. Is it normal for an ffl to charge a transfer fee for items out of their inventory? Never heard of that before.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    download (7).jpeg

RIF. Reading is Fundamental.
    Post #1

Lower receivers are $90 each plus tax and include shipping to your local FFL. If you wish, engraving of your handle / name is $10. ZRTS will allow pickup at their location but transfer fees will be additional. When you place an order, I will contact your local FFL for their information for the transfer. Local FFLs may charge transfer fees.

So let me guess, lowers logged out to Andy for engraving.
    Andy loggs lowers in and engraves them.
    Andy shipps lowers to ffl's for pickup.
    Those that wish to pickup lowers at ZRTS are shipped back and logged in at ZRTS.
    Customer pays transfer fee.

Last edited:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour

WTF?!?

Shops around here if multiple on 1 form charge $20 some $30. I guess just depends how buiness is going. I picked mine up and got a few other items and it was a no charge transfer at my LGS.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    View attachment 256705

RIF. Reading is Fundamental.
    Post #1

Lower receivers are $90 each plus tax and include shipping to your local FFL. If you wish, engraving of your handle / name is $10. ZRTS will allow pickup at their location but transfer fees will be additional. When you place an order, I will contact your local FFL for their information for the transfer. Local FFLs may charge transfer fees.

So let me guess, lowers logged out to Andy for engraving.
    Andy loggs lowers in and engraves them.
    Andy shipps lowers to ffl's for pickup.
    Those that wish to pickup lowers at ZRTS are shipped back and logged in at ZRTS.
    Customer pays transfer fee.
    I read and comprehend very well, thank you. My surprise and frustration is the total lack of coordination for hours of business, and the "special INGO" fee.

If $40 is their special fee, what is their normal fee? Well, best of luck finding that information without calling them. If this fee had been made public prior to deciding who to send the lower to, it would have certainly changed my decision.

Oh well, live and learn ... sometimes you just have to pay the stupid tax.

Like stated above, this is very likely my 2nd interaction with them ... 1st and LAST.

As an aside ... you might want to check your data entry device. It looks like there is some doubling going on (see highlighed above). If this was intentional, then please disregard this comment.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My lower was received by my LGS, and I was unable to pick up for a few days due to a busy schedule with work and home. Whom do I yell at for that?

Seems a bit unfair to judge them entirely based on a discrepancy of operating hours. The transfer fee is a bit higher than I'm used to, but that's a separate argument.

I'd like to point out, and say thank you to those involved in getting this project together, that it seems like a burden was taken on by several so we could have something nice.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My lower was received by my LGS, and I was unable to pick up for a few days due to a busy schedule with work and home. Whom do I yell at for that?

Seems a bit unfair to judge them entirely based on a discrepancy of operating hours. The transfer fee is a bit higher than I'm used to, but that's a separate argument.

I'd like to point out, and say thank you to those involved in getting this project together, that it seems like a burden was taken on by several so we could have something nice.
    Well, naturally you need to yell at the turkeys who are cutting into your fun time ... wait, playing with the turkeys IS your fun time ... never mind.

Totally agree with you that several people have gone above and beyond to make the INGO lower project (and the Big Tanker donations) a reality.

Fair or not, my beef with ZRTS is my beef. I felt safe venting to INGO because ... well, just because. It is another lesson relearned though ... don't gripe on INGO unless you are prepared for the ridicule that is surely to follow.

No worries, RR. I still love you (in an INGO sort of way), and will always be glad to spend time with you.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom