• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got off at 3am, work again at 11am so at a hotel to get more sleep rather than drive

When I've worked a double shift, and a snowstorm moves in, I've slept in my Ford Escape in the parking lot.

Years ago, some of the iron workers and millwrights got together and got an RV they left in the parking lot.
    Cause a lot of them lived an hour away, double shifts meant not much time to sleep.
    Since work has wash houses, they didn't have to worry about filling up the tanks.
    They just showered and pooped in the wash house.

I've thought about a small modified cargo trailer for the same thing.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    When I've worked a double shift, and a snowstorm moves in, I've slept in my Ford Escape in the parking lot.

Years ago, some of the iron workers and millwrights got together and got an RV they left in the parking lot.
    Cause a lot of them lived an hour away, double shifts meant not much time to sleep.
    Since work has wash houses, they didn't have to worry about filling up the tanks.

LOL. Reminds me of our old moldmakers president. He had a big RV, and he'd live in it all summer, then find a woman to move in with for the winter. Eventually he started parking it at work and doing the same thing your ironheads did.
    The plant manager eventually noticed him grilling steaks out by the transformers and booted him, but next summer, new plant manager....
    The final straw was when a shift supervisor caught him showering and doing his dishes at the same time,. While intoxicated, of course. LOL. I miss that guy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

My brother in law worked at a plant out in CA., cost of living in the area was high so quite a few of the workers brought RVs or campers with them. They worked 4 on 4 off 12hr shifts and they would just live in the parking lot during their work week. IIRC quite a few of them just left the camper there on their off days. They would live 2-3 hrs away were the cost was much cheaper.

Top Bottom