Info for the new guys looking at the ads section...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Going to bump this. Yes I know it's a sticky, don't care. It needs to pop up to the top of the list for those that ignore the sticky threads. Crap ton of new members this past week, several runners and new classified sellers that either haven't read or are ignoring the rules.

Maybe some of them will read it, doubtful, but maybe.

Again.

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    I have read every post in this thread and I fully understand the rules and why they're there. I was a lurker for a couple months before joining, I have done that with every forum until I get comfortable, and I belong to or have belonged to over a dozen. If I didn't like the site I wouldn't have joined, I enjoy the info and posting what little experience I have, I have much more to learn than to teach LOL. I am gaining on 50 posts pretty quick, without really paying any attention to it until I ran into this thread. If I wanted to use the classified, it would probably be to buy, I'm not much of a seller. If and when I become a site supporter it will not to abuse the classified ads, it will be because I enjoy the site and want it to grow, I have to say I really enjoy it at this point, and thank you all for this fine forum.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I have read every post in this thread and I fully understand the rules and why they're there. I was a lurker for a couple months before joining, I have done that with every forum until I get comfortable, and I belong to or have belonged to over a dozen. If I didn't like the site I wouldn't have joined, I enjoy the info and posting what little experience I have, I have much more to learn than to teach LOL. I am gaining on 50 posts pretty quick, without really paying any attention to it until I ran into this thread. If I wanted to use the classified, it would probably be to buy, I'm not much of a seller. If and when I become a site supporter it will not to abuse the classified ads, it will be because I enjoy the site and want it to grow, I have to say I really enjoy it at this point, and thank you all for this fine forum.

:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

:thumbsup:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bump

Just a little bit of information to anyone that's new and finds their way to this thread. You may wonder why all this talk and why are these rules are in place. As has been said many times and in many places, This is not Armslist, Gunbroker, Craigslist, or ARFCOM. INGO is more than just a forum, it's a community. Members here are protective of our community. There are lots of people here who have met or are friends outside of the website. When bad things happen we join in and help out. When good things happen we share that as well. I would take 5 friends here vs 1000 Facebook friends.

The other members will understand this better than the new ones will, but let me ask you a couple of questions anyway.

What does this stand for?
    x6bjo5.jpg

Who is this?
    dw74ap.jpg

Any clue at all? How was INGO involved?
    zwgmlw.jpg

These things, and so many others, are what make us a community. These things are what make us protective of it. You are welcome to join our community. However if your only reason for being here is because you saw something shiny in the classifieds that you must have right now, or you are here to try and fleece us with things you can't sell on Facebook anymore, then the teeth will come out. Instant gratification is not what this place is about.

The answers to the questions listed above are:

1. The blue light as an avatar is in remembrance of law enforcement officers who have been lost. INGO has quite a few officers among the membership from all over the state.

2. You need to visit these links to see what INGO members do for each other. It's things like this that make us a community.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/375132-please-add-my-daughter-prayer-list.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...9-daughters-open-heart-surgery-2-24-15-a.html
    https://www.gofundme.com/n3fv6g
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...pm2-auction-100%-goes-baldguy637s-family.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...aldguy-fundraiser-ss109-m855-projectiles.html

3. Again, read the links and pay attention to the dates. On the second link you will notice that things were complete in 12 days.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...help-out-fellow-long-time-ingoer-sylvain.html
    https://www.youcaring.com/elizabeth-smith-431757

EDIT TO ADD MORE EXAMPLES: June 6th, 2016

Browsing new posts today I ran across another example of why INGO is a great place and why we are so protective of it. Here is a member that's giving away a youth rifle for a child to learn the shooting sports with. He's doing it for free and is not asking for anything in return. This is not the first time he's done this.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/415035-free-rifle-revisited.html

Last edited:

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    And, I just want to add something that 1911 missed, many of us longer-time INGO'er will not deal with new 50 post wonders. We want to know a little about the people that we are dealing with. This isn't Armslist and we put measures like this in place to make sure it doesn't turn into another Armslist.
    As a noob, I've noticed this. However taking a step back I understand completely and it really reinforces the reason why a more local group of general gun enthusiasts is really more important. Overall seems like a great group of good old boys. Glad to be here. My wife....not so much...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As a noob, I've noticed this. However taking a step back I understand completely and it really reinforces the reason why a more local group of general gun enthusiasts is really more important. Overall seems like a great group of good old boys. Glad to be here. My wife....not so much...
    No need to get hung up on those who don't like new folks. Plenty of us who have been around will. I have had great results dealing with low post count members.

Sure, having a post history to look into is great, but it's not mandatory. Please join us in the many conversations ongoing...:ingo:

Top Bottom