Info for the new guys looking at the ads section...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Going to bump this. Yes I know it's a sticky, don't care. It needs to pop up to the top of the list for those that ignore the sticky threads. Crap ton of new members this past week, several runners and new classified sellers that either haven't read or are ignoring the rules.

Maybe some of them will read it, doubtful, but maybe.

lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    I just want to say thank you for first off for this forum and the opportunity to learn from some of the post and hopefully to meet some like minded people in my area.....yes I can admit I was after that 50, but I was thinking it was in place to see that new members were even on board with reading the forums. I can tell you I have been reading and learning alot more than I can rightly post to but I've got a lot of reading to do and people to get to know.....once again thank you for your forums and everyone's willingness to share there knowledge and mistakes.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I just want to say thank you for first off for this forum and the opportunity to learn from some of the post and hopefully to meet some like minded people in my area.....yes I can admit I was after that 50, but I was thinking it was in place to see that new members were even on board with reading the forums. I can tell you I have been reading and learning alot more than I can rightly post to but I've got a lot of reading to do and people to get to know.....once again thank you for your forums and everyone's willingness to share there knowledge and mistakes.

:yesway:

:welcome:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yes, Welcome.

If there is something in the classifieds that you simply MUST have (or MUST get rid of) NOW, pony up for site supporter status. Only $20 a year and you get instant access to the classifieds. Much more respected here than a runner. They just get openly mocked and laughed at when mods smack them down for making a blatant run to 50.

INGO is a great place full of awesome people. I know. I hung out with a bunch of them today at the range!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yes, Welcome.

If there is something in the classifieds that you simply MUST have (or MUST get rid of) NOW, pony up for site supporter status. Only $20 a year and you get instant access to the classifieds. Much more respected here than a runner. They just get openly mocked and laughed at when mods smack them down for making a blatant run to 50.

INGO is a great place full of awesome people. I know. I hung out with a bunch of them today at the range!

Well, there is that glitch with the system since the server move. Several members have tried to PM the mods after becoming site supporters and it stil isn't letting them.

@lcole1969 - If you do decide to go the site supporter route and you have trouble with access or PM's then post a new thread in the 'help/suggestions' section. It will be seen pretty quick and someone will let the mods know so they can get you fixed up.
    The way it's supposed to work is after you pay your fee you are an instant site supporter. You are then supposed to PM a mod to tell them you need early access to the classifieds and they adjust your post count up to 50 and give you access. INGO just underwent a server change and there is a glitch in the system that isn't letting anyone under 50 PM anyone else, including the mods. This isn't supposed to happen, anyone is supposed to be able to PM the mods at any time regardless of post count. They are aware of the problem but don't have it fixed yet.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Thanks for giving back to the community (membership)! And welcome to the forum.

:ingo:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    BRAVO! I am glad you did the right thing. Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for and give us the benefit of your knowledge too. :yesway:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What's up everyone, new to this site, any advice

First go to the top of this thread and read it if you are here to buy or sell. Hell, even if you arent, read it. We can spot "runners" (those who post short, worthless posts to reach 50 so they can participate in the classifieds section) pretty quickly and the mods WILL delete those posts. Sit back, relax, make comments interact with us, and have fun. You'll hit 50 in no time. (typically takes an average person 2-3 days)

Second go to the introductions and say hi and tell us a bit about yourself.

Welcome to INGO!

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I was brought to this site by googling LTCH wait times back in feb. Since then I been reading & learning mainly about the laws ect... I am new to guns myself & don't have much to contribute. I joined in June to post my wait time for the LTCH as I felt I had something to contribute. I have since posted here & there when I feel I have something to say. Im not here for the classifieds & also don't care when I hit the 50 post count. I could of hit it by now but that's not my goal. Im here to learn what I can, current laws, reloading, ect... There is just a vast amount of info here & it helps a complete noob such as myself a lot. And I want to thank all those who do contribute as I know myself have learned quite a bit. I lurk a lot & read a lot on the forums but post very little. Maybe as I gain more knowledge maybe I can contribute better.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I was brought to this site by googling LTCH wait times back in feb. Since then I been reading & learning mainly about the laws ect... I am new to guns myself & don't have much to contribute. I joined in June to post my wait time for the LTCH as I felt I had something to contribute. I have since posted here & there when I feel I have something to say. Im not here for the classifieds & also don't care when I hit the 50 post count. I could of hit it by now but that's not my goal. Im here to learn what I can, current laws, reloading, ect... There is just a vast amount of info here & it helps a complete noob such as myself a lot. And I want to thank all those who do contribute as I know myself have learned quite a bit. I lurk a lot & read a lot on the forums but post very little. Maybe as I gain more knowledge maybe I can contribute better.
    Awesome to have you here. You probably have more to contribute than you think.

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    Awesome to have you here. You probably have more to contribute than you think.

Ill do my best when im able but from all the treads/posts I have read so far (not even a fraction of whats available), you guys got everything covered. I hope to continue to learn & hopefully help one day. There is a wealth of info here & its sad that people don't stick around long enough or are just here for the classifieds. I really like the handgun carriers goodwill cards, I think they are fantastic & am thankfull for the people who took the time to make them. I made a couple copies to keep with me. I just really love this site & all the info here, thanks guys & gals & keep up the good work!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Ill do my best when im able but from all the treads/posts I have read so far (not even a fraction of whats available), you guys got everything covered. I hope to continue to learn & hopefully help one day. There is a wealth of info here & its sad that people don't stick around long enough or are just here for the classifieds. I really like the handgun carriers goodwill cards, I think they are fantastic & am thankfull for the people who took the time to make them. I made a couple copies to keep with me. I just really love this site & all the info here, thanks guys & gals & keep up the good work!

I really enjoy the BREAK ROOM forum (where this thread is). Lots of topics that don't involve guns. It's a good way to stay involved even if you don't feel like you have a lot of gun knowledge to share.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County

You can also contribute by asking questions. Just like you are learning from what others have asked, others will learn from your questions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You can also contribute by asking questions. Just like you are learning from what others have asked, others will learn from your questions.

Yup, questions also count.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have been a coming here for quite a while now & honestly the first place I go are the classified's. I lurk a few other places here and post / comment occasionally. I am a bit shy and feel if I don't have something valuable to say I shouldn't post / comment. I enjoy firearms and shooting, but I am by far no expert.
    OP, You are completely correct in your statements & it is a valid point.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been a coming here for quite a while now & honestly the first place I go are the classified's. I lurk a few other places here and post / comment occasionally. I am a bit shy and feel if I don't have something valuable to say I shouldn't post / comment. I enjoy firearms and shooting, but I am by far no expert.
    OP, You are completely correct in your statements & it is a valid point.

Thanks, I think you really had to be here at the time I wrote the OP. Facebook had just canned all the gun/weapons related pages and the over flow was just insane. I am glad to hear feed back like this. This is a excellent online gun community that can only exist with monetary contributions and or good content that brings people to the community and keeps them here.

Some people may not think they have any content to post that would be fitting as con tributary. I'll bet you do, and that most do and just don't realize it. A few weeks ago i started this thread

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ding/425383-so-what-you-reloading-moment.html

I was curious as to what others were reloading at the time. There are now over 100 post in that thread now just in a few weeks and a few of the new & low post count people have posted there with good content in that thread. Threads like that are great to share info about you and your interest. There are tons and tons of other like minded "how to" and or "I did this" and, etc threads.

Threads like that are easy to post in. And I bet there are things that are interesting to you that we would be interest in. Non gun related stuff goes in the break room. I have seen threads in there for just about everything. From Car repairs, home repairs, well's going dry, roofing, computers, the list goes on... If you have done it, can do it, have been there, done that... well you get the idea.

If you look in the sub forums there are sticky's (post that stay on top like this one does) and they are great threads to post in.

Long story short, we would like to know more about our members. That may sound odd, but here is a valid point for it. Most people don't realize that our advertisers (and future advertisers) look at our web content to gauge interest for products sales and services. While you might not have ponied up the 20 bucks for the support fee an advertiser maybe sees a bunch of people are buying a certain product they might put one on sale or they might be inclined to stock a new product. Or even better they might just decide the forum is worth joining and they contribute to the forum. It;s all good for the forum.

Good content also brings new people. This forum stays here because of the contribution and content. So, in short, we are welcoming to those that take the time to contribute. Doesn't have to be with just the $$.

But, note to those that are here for the ads. Just pony the $$ up and stop crappin up the forum. We see you and we will call you out. :ingo: that's how we roll.

Top Bottom