Info for the new guys looking at the ads section...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm afraid to put my perspective into words here for fear of being called out. I joined INGO in Jan of 2012. I read all of the introductions and new member forums. I realized quickly that this was a place with a vast amount of information, opinions, and knowledge. I respect those of you who have thousands of posts and i knew that I was going to learn a lot from you. The problem I faced and still face 4 1/2 years later... is that I have come here to learn not teach. There is very little I could add to the wealth of knowledge and experience of the experts here. I knew better than to post 50 things in the first month of membership. I respect the spirit of the forums and the frustration that the contributors have with knew members that don't. I wish I had more to contribute. I normally only log on when I want to research something I want buy. The point of this long winded post is that I doubt any of the 50 posts i have made in the last four years have helped anyone. However, as someone who has tried to respect the "rules of the game" ... I would like to hope that I would receive similar respect even as a "newbie" contributor. I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers as that is not my goal. I just wanted to point out that not everyone with less than 50 posts is failing to respect the spirit of the site.

You've done your part by supporting the sight! It's very much appreciated. Now go fine something cool in the ads. You've earned the right. Thank you for investing in this sight. The people that are disappointing are the members that haven't posted anywhere but the ads section since they hit the 50 post mark and they don't have the support badge under there name. You are just fine.

As mentioned up thread, participation doesn't have to be giving gun advice. Asking worth while questions, even idle conversation is ok if it is on topic and more then just. That's cool, I'd like one, awesome and or other one line or on word post. Something that doesn't really add to the topic at hand is not a quality post.

I came here for knowledge an to share what I have learned along the way. It was nearly a year before I became a sight support. I've made a lot of friends. I know many of them will be life long. Many of them I consider my family. TBH I can't remember how long it was before I found the ads section. I've bought a few things, I've done some trading and sold a couple things. It's not the thing that keeps me connected to this site. It's the people, the conversations. The brotherhood that is Ingo.

wiseinvestor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Noblesville
    So because after 4 1/2 years, when I hit 50 I went and looked in a section that I have never been able to participate in... that's a problem for you? This is the exact kind of judgement I feel is a little thick around here, and the reason for my post.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So because after 4 1/2 years, when I hit 50 I went and looked in a section that I have never been able to participate in... that's a problem for you? This is the exact kind of judgement I feel is a little thick around here, and the reason for my post.

No one has a issue with you! Zero issues. You aren't being judged. I am not sure why you would think you are being judged. :dunno:

You are a contributing/participating member. And you are welcome on this forum. Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer. Seriously!! :ingo:

If you want to get to know some of us better and us to get to know you start a thread and tell us a bit about yourself, your gun interest or, If you want to talk about something other then guns start a post in the break room about your hobby's or if you want to chat about politics we have a section for that. We have a lot of sub forums and it can be confusing but hang around and follow some of the threads. You will fit right in. jump in with both feet! Hang around! Please join in.

If we have gave you the wrong impression, I'd like to apologize.

smcgee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    Greenville
    I just hit the magic fifty! I promise I don't have the means nor desire to be a classified flipper or buyer I come here by recommendation and already have met in person some great people. I'll never pose as someone who has anything but the upmost respect for the four fathers here on ingo. What I want is to learn and meet people with the same likes as myself. I don't want to buy or sale or argue religion or politics. I want to learn and if anyway possible return the favor. I'm lucky to be here and I will act accordingly to the best of my abilities and contribute whenever possible. I do want to thank everyone, especially Churchmouse for sharing knowledge and helping when I've asked questions I'm sure have been asked 1000 times before. I'm more a reader than a poster especially when I feel I know so little in comparison but I hope that will change with time.
    sincerely thanks to all

Mike D.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been on here for just a little over 3 years and am still not close to the 50 mark. I have recently become a site supporter, because I like the information I read on here, I just don't post much. I feel I have very little to add to some of the conversations, I just don't know enough about guns, especially AR's. I haven't joined INGO with the purpose to buy or sell I might some day, when ever I hit the magic number, but that's not my reason for being in this forum. Seems to be a lot of informative people on here with some good information to share.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been on here for just a little over 3 years and am still not close to the 50 mark. I have recently become a site supporter, because I like the information I read on here, I just don't post much. I feel I have very little to add to some of the conversations, I just don't know enough about guns, especially AR's. I haven't joined INGO with the purpose to buy or sell I might some day, when ever I hit the magic number, but that's not my reason for being in this forum. Seems to be a lot of informative people on here with some good information to share.

Thanks for supporting the site, especially for the reasons you listed.

And BTW, not knowing much about what is being discussed here doesn't stop 95% of INGO members from posting.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Like BT said, thank you for supporting the sight. And you don't have to wait till 50 now to use the classifieds. You support the sight. That's the key thing. either do it with content or with financial support. Don't feel funny about using the classifieds. You have earned the right!

And you get a +8 rep points from me for supporting the sight!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Like BT said, thank you for supporting the sight. And you don't have to wait till 50 now to use the classifieds. You support the sight. That's the key thing. either do it with content or with financial support. Don't feel funny about using the classifieds. You have earned the right!

You only gave him plus 8? WTF? I made this poor goat faced boy sign up here 3 years ago and he has only managed 35 posts. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just hit the magic fifty! I promise I don't have the means nor desire to be a classified flipper or buyer I come here by recommendation and already have met in person some great people. I'll never pose as someone who has anything but the upmost respect for the four fathers here on ingo. What I want is to learn and meet people with the same likes as myself. I don't want to buy or sale or argue religion or politics. I want to learn and if anyway possible return the favor. I'm lucky to be here and I will act accordingly to the best of my abilities and contribute whenever possible. I do want to thank everyone, especially Churchmouse for sharing knowledge and helping when I've asked questions I'm sure have been asked 1000 times before. I'm more a reader than a poster especially when I feel I know so little in comparison but I hope that will change with time.
    sincerely thanks to all

Pleased to have met you.....:)

Mike D.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Indianapolis

Thanks for the rep points.....

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Good post and I will remember this info as a newb lol. I look forward to being a part of the community

Top Bottom