• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    From what I read, the thief was a good boy. I seem to always hear this about worthless criminals. I got FB jail for saying go ahead and defund the police. Leave these criminals to “the people” and might be a better place to live. Can I say this here? Lol

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I could have shot a guy trying to steal my truck out of my driveway back in 2013. Based on the circumstances of the crime I chose not too because I don't think I'd do well in pound-me-in-the-@$$ prison.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Did anyone read the article? The thief stole it from another thief. The man now in jail for murder stole that car months ago, and is just mad that someone else stole his already purloined ride. Both are scum, and good riddance!

"You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen, and I think it quite ungentlemanly."
    So, good outcome all the way around.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    In Ryan Mears' Indianapolis you only get charged if you shoot a criminal doing crime. :rolleyes:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    The narrative has changed now that the car was previously stolen, so he should not have shot the perp. INGO analysis is detailed and convoluted as usual.....why I love this place.

I have often thought in a similar situation with my legally owned car and legal fire arm I would shoot the car. Blow out the tires or better yet the radiator . It is my car so I can shoot it if I want to. It won't be going anywhere soon.

Don

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I quit giving a **** about this story when they mentioned the intersection of Emerson and Southeastern in the OP's link.
    Been over a year since I rolled through that intersection, ridding two less thieves in that area is like using an eye dropper to drain an ocean.
    One in jail, one in hell.
    win\win?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I have often thought in a similar situation with my legally owned car and legal fire arm I would shoot the car. Blow out the tires or better yet the radiator . It is my car so I can shoot it if I want to. It won't be going anywhere soon.

Don
    Is that how it works? Somewhere I got the impression that discharging a firearm anywhere vaguely in the direction of another person will typically count as deadly force, even if you claim you weren't aiming for them, so firing at an occupied vehicle, even one being stolen from you, would still have to meat the same standards of being in fear of death or grave bodily harm.

I could be wrong though, IANAL...

Top Bottom