• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLindzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Mishawaka
    How is the show on Sunday? Are the vendors packing up and heading out? I have only ever been on Saturday. I don't want to make the 2 1/2 hour drive if vendors will be gone.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's not AT ALL what I am asking, I do not seek to purchase anything illegally. I was wonder if individuals -NOT FFL dealers - were normally there selling their personally owned inventory . Maybe that's how I should have worded it but I don't appreciate your use of words like "conspiracy" and "scalliwags".
    I am as "above board" as it gets, though I worded my question poorly.

No reason to get your panties in a wad. I don't know your intentions or had any interactions with you. I never said YOU are a scalliwag. I said it only takes a few people with less than honorable intentions to sink a website. It has happened. The conspiracy thing is REAL. I don't wanna see you get burned. This is an open board and I do know guys I used to work with would put you in cuffs faster that you can blink. Please enjoy the show and keep your powder dry.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Can’t make it Friday or Saturday. Is it worth it to go at opening Sunday or are deals gone and vendors packing it up

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How is the show on Sunday? Are the vendors packing up and heading out? I have only ever been on Saturday. I don't want to make the 2 1/2 hour drive if vendors will be gone.
    The vendors are pretty much there to the end from what I’ve seen. I have seen some not set up until Saturday, skipping Friday.
    Sunday is when you try to score a deal, since the vendor doesn’t want to haul it back to the truck. Whether that’s true or not, not sure but it makes sense.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I really would like to make the show to meet a few of you and put names to faces but not going to happen this weekend. I still have things to do before gun season next Saturday and haven't given up with the bow yet. This time change means no daylight for me except weekends.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I really would like to make the show to meet a few of you and put names to faces but not going to happen this weekend. I still have things to do before gun season next Saturday and haven't given up with the bow yet. This time change means no daylight for me except weekends.
    Palmyra is a ways off from Indy. 135 is straighter than it used to be anyway for when you do come north! Good luck with the deer.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Took the day off for Fri so I can go down there get me something.

I'm guessing that's not a selfie, so introduce yourself when you pass by the NRA booth. Tomorrow I'm easy to spot, I'm the younger one. My beard is a distinguished grey, but I'm the only one not retired.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I won't be attending.

I haven't bought anything significant the last three times I've been, so anymore I just figure it's $20 for entertainment. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I'm just more excited about that idea in the cold of winter rather than while it's still nice enough to spend the whole day outdoors.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Today came quick, always does. As most of of you know Cardinal directions don't work inside the building. Once we get set up I'll provide landmark-based directions: Johnson Safes, the big bomb sign from Revolver-Tactical (AKA Brad's Knives), the guy with a gazillion targets, gas masks (both US-made and Russian crap), the pallets of ammo people, South Bend Chocolate, and of course the NRA booth.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Warning to all who are going: The Indy Monumental Marathon is taking place on Saturday. There will be a TON of road closures. Plan your route accordingly - especially if you're local.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Warning to all who are going: The Indy Monumental Marathon is taking place on Saturday. There will be a TON of road closures. Plan your route accordingly - especially if you're local.

Good call TF. Not just a ton of closures, a metric crap-ton of closures.

https://www.wibc.com/blogs/traffics/traffic-weekend-run

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Monumental Marathon Street Closures[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot](Bold Face Denotes All Lanes Closed)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Downtown[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]RACE START: Capitol Ave just north of Washington Street.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Capitol Ave. from Washington St. to McCarty St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]McCarty from Capitol Ave. to Delaware St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Delaware St. from McCarty to South St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]South St. from Delaware St. to New Jersey St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]New Jersey St. from South St. to Virginia Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Virginia Ave. from New Jersey St. to Maryland St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland St. from Virginia Ave. to Meridian St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian Street from Maryland St. to Monument Circle [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]North on Monument Circle (using the east side)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]North on Meridian St. from Monument Circle to New York St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]New York St. from Meridian St. to Alabama St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Alabama St. from New York St. to North St. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mass Ave.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]North St. from Alabama St. to Mass Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mass Ave. from North St. to Bellefontaine St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bellefontaine St. from Mass Ave. to 10[SUP]th[/SUP] St [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]10[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from Bellefontaine St. to Fort Wayne Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fort Wayne Ave. from 10[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to Pennsylvania St. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Midtown[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Pennsylvania St. from Fort Wayne Ave./North St. to Fall Creek Pkwy. S. (three east lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fall Creek Pkwy. S. from Pennsylvania St. to Delaware St. (two east lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Delaware St. from Fall Creek Pkwy. S. to Fall Creek Pkwy. N. (two east lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fall Creek Pkwy. N. from Delaware St. to Broadway St. OR Coliseum Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot](two west curb lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Half-Marathon breaks off at Broadway St.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Broadway St. from Fall Creek Pkwy. N. to 29th St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]29[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from Broadway St. to Washington Blvd. (north curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Washington Blvd. from 29[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to 34[SUP]th[/SUP] St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]34[SUP]th [/SUP]St. from Washington Blvd. to Central Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Central Ave. from 34th St. to 36th St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]36th St. from Central Ave. to Washington Blvd. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Washington Blvd. from 36[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to Penway St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Penway St. from Washington Blvd. to Pennsylvania St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Pennsylvania St. from Penway St. to 30th St. (southbound lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot](Staying to the LEFT/EAST on last section of Pennsylvania that connects with 30th)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]30th from Pennsylvania St. to Meridian St. (north lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian St. from 30[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to New York St. (second lanes out from west curb)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]New York St. from Meridian St. to Capitol Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Capitol Ave. from New York St. to Washington Street [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Washington St. to the finish line [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Finish line on Washington St. about 200 ft. west of Senate Ave.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Resume full Monumental Marathon[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]State Fairgrounds[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Coliseum Ave. from Fall Creek Pkwy. N. to 38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from Coliseum Ave. to College Ave. (south two curb lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from College Ave. to Washington Blvd. (north two curb lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian-Kessler/SoBro[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Washington Blvd. from 38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to 58[SUP]th [/SUP]St. (northbound lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]58[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from Washington Blvd. to College Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Broad Ripple[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]College Ave. from 58[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to 64[SUP]th[/SUP] St. (west curb lanes)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]64[SUP]th[/SUP] St. from College Ave. to Park Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Park Ave. from 64[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to Riverview Dr. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Riverview Dr. from Park Ave. to Old Meridian St. (north curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Old Meridian St. from Riverview Dr. to Meridian St. (west curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian Kessler[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian St. from Old Meridian St. (north of Kessler Blvd.) to 46[SUP]th[/SUP] St. (west curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Butler-Tarkington[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]46[SUP]th[/SUP] from Meridian St. to Illinois St. (westbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Illinois St. from 46[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to Hampton Dr. (southbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hampton Dr. from Illinois St. to Haughey Ave. (eastbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Newfields[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Haughey Ave. from Hampton Dr. to 42[SUP]nd[/SUP] St. (northbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]42[SUP]nd[/SUP] St. across Michigan St. into Newfields (north lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Through the grounds of Newfields to 38[SUP]th[/SUP] Street[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]White River[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Across 38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. and down the ramp onto White River Pkwy E. Drive (north curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]White River Pkwy. E. from 38[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to 30[SUP]th[/SUP] St. (southbound lane)
    30[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to N. White River Parkway E. Dr.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]White River Pkwy. E. from 30[SUP]th[/SUP] St. to Burdsal Pkwy. (southbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Riverside/Meridian Highland[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Burdsal Pkwy. from White River Pkwy. E. to Fall Creek Blvd./Fall Creek Pkwy. N. (eastbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fall Creek Pkwy. N. to Meridian St. (eastbound lane)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Meridian St. from Fall Creek Pkwy. N. to New York St. (west curb lane)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]New York St. from Meridian St. to Capitol Ave. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Capitol Ave. from New York St. to Washington St. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Washington St. to the finish line [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Finish line on Washington St. about 200 ft. west of Senate Ave.[/FONT][/FONT]

A few extras to think of when whipping up your Saturday travel plans:

• From the list above, know when your particular street of interest will be closed by checking the posted course map.
    • Even if an above street is not completely closed, you’re really taking your chances by traveling the course, or going near it. If that’s your path, it’s best to expect delays.
    • Parking restrictions start at Midnight. Do not park on the course. If you do park on the course, be sure to figure an Uber ride into the ticket and tow cost. I know from experience.
    • If your driveway is on the course, it may be hard to use it, as in leave the house. Plan accordingly.
    • IndyGo bus routes will be affected Saturday from 5:30am - 4:30pm. Check here for more information.
    • Crossing the street or moving laterally across a street on the course will be difficult because of the number of runners. I’m planning on avoiding the course all together in the morning.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Thankyou for the heads up regarding closures. Won't be to hard to get there knowing that ahead of time but it sure would've been a headache without the warning.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside

I’ll be going to the show after the marathon is over. I’m working comms for the marathon at one of the water/aid stops of the race.

Matt

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500! NRA (NRA NRA ILA and ISRPA) are near the exit between Johnson Safes and the door. Revolver Tactical is towards the back-left of the main hall as you come in. Looks like not one, not two, but three build your AR kits for $239-$249.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500! NRA (NRA NRA ILA and ISRPA) are near the exit between Johnson Safes and the door. Revolver Tactical is towards the back-left of the main hall as you come in. Looks like not one, not two, but three build your AR kits for $239-$249.

Perfect! A budget upper is exactly what I'm coming for. I'll be there 1st tint Saturday morning.

Top Bottom