• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just saw Guy leaving with an AK variant, with a folding stock. He also had a plate vest it had plates in it. He put the plate vest on before he left. That’s either to make it easier to carry, or he lives in a really rough neighborhood.
    Maybe he parked in the same neighborhood I do when I go to the 1500! It is after dark after all...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How was the selection of surplus rifles and used guns in general?

If pickings are slim I'm going to hit up some local shops instead
    I saw several Lee-Enfields going out the door as well as a couple Garands. I didn't get a look at prices, did see Garands, M1 Carbines, quite a few percussion rifles.

I did see A LOT of new guns going out the door today.

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Question for anyone attending today...
    Is the vendor on site that makes the custom fitted earplugs?
    I know they've been there before but I'm unsure if they're setting up due to COVID etc.
    Any info is appreciated.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was there today. About a light to medium sized crowd. 2 halls, an ok amount of tables. Some prices for hanguns were decent. AK/AR's were more on the pricy side. Saw 223 ammo for about 66 cents a round. So not so good. Got some IBD's for the truck and some random items. Saw a couple decent body armor tables. Parking is $10 and entry fee was $15. I saw a few buys, and the kid in a suit buying a gun, ok, that was weird. Also, I smelled like roasted peanuts when I left.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    Got a kick out of those dudes selling ammo straight out of the pallet/display box. I think I know where all the damn ammo went two years ago.
    Also that table of LEO trade-in 870 Magnums and AR's was mighty tempting.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Put your mask on, get your 4th booster and get back in your bunker. If you are that fearful, that's the best course of action for you. I blame Covid on the early demise of my mother. Not because she got Covid (she didn't), but because her assisted living facility shut down all their activities and kept them in their apartments. I saw her decline rapidly once she was isolated.
    I work in a long term care facility and that was the worst of the Covid shutdown. All these elderly w/ forgetfulness and dementia without any family to visit them. You could see them go downhill daily.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Got a kick out of those dudes selling ammo straight out of the pallet/display box. I think I know where all the damn ammo went two years ago.
    Also that table of LEO trade-in 870 Magnums and AR's was mighty tempting.
    I bought a S&W 5943 from the Chicago PD at that dealer. They also have some Lebanon PD marked Glock 43's for sale.

I'm going to their shop on Wednesday to pick one up. Might also pick up a Remington 870. They are from the Illinois State Police

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500. Here is the weather update: it sucks and it’s going to suck more later. It sucks a lot less inside the building, I’m wearing a T-shirt and I’m comfortable.

Highlight of my day so far: I got to do my Charlie Hilltunin testifying at the state house imitation, in front of Charlie Hilltunin The president of the Indiana State rifle and pistol association. He liked when I added peace out.

ndbbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Question for anyone attending today...
    Is the vendor on site that makes the custom fitted earplugs?
    I know they've been there before but I'm unsure if they're setting up due to COVID etc.
    Any info is appreciated.
    He has a hearing aid shop in, I believe, Roachdale. I’ll dig around and see if I can find his card.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, that was either Santa Claus, or Greg Allman who just left with a new handgun. Never realized how much Gregg Allman looked like Santa Claus.

Top Bottom