• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can you believe it? We are 2 weeks out from the next Indy 1500.

This one is back in the South Pavilion (east side of the fairgrounds, close to Fall Creek and 38th Street.)

As usual I'll be working (it's not really working, I'm hanging out at a gun show) the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth. I'll be there Friday and possibly another day. Stop by the booth and I'll bump the thread. It's always good to meet an INGOer in the wild and put a face with a username.

As always I'll provide locations in the pavilion based on landmarks such as: the big bomb sign of Revolver Tactical, Custom Dog Tags sign, INGO advertisers in the house, the guy with a bazilion targets, the booth with commie gas masks, the booth with American gas masks, and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

Who will we see at this 1500? Spam Can Mom? Kill a commie for Mommie guy with Kalashnikov t-shirt guy? The Man from Glad? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes? The extras from The Walking Dead? Goths? Flock of Seagulls? The Mullet Squad? The guy who blames us for the primer shortage?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One week out bump! I'll be there Friday, possibly Saturday OR Sunday. ISRPA has a function Saturday evening so one of our usuals at the booth may have to bail Saturday since he is a muckety-muck of some sort with ISRPA. Not Charlie "Peace Out" Hiltunin level of muckety-muck, but something.

Looks like Saturday is the only day with another pavilion having a function. Elder caregivers are having a thing in the Ag-Hort building on the 5th. The Indy Fuel plays hockey Friday and Saturday but that's at 1900 (7pm for those who don't do Military Time.)

When it's the 1500, the Lego Show, the Boat Show, the Horse Show, the Indy Fuel, and the Flower & Patio Show all at once... well that sucks canal water.

Speaking of time: daylight savings time ends Sunday morning. I may work Sunday so I can get blamed for clock-changing as well as the primer and dill pickle shortages.

As always stop by the booth and I'll bump the thread. It's always good to meet INGOers in the wild, even you blame me for DST :lmfao:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Looks like Saturday AM as I have a BoD meeting downtown. Broad Ripple brunch, gun show and then a meeting.

If you see a guy that looks like me, it will not be me and he will absolutely no interests in Colt AR-15s so you will have to keep dropping the price.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like Saturday AM as I have a BoD meeting downtown. Broad Ripple brunch, gun show and then a meeting.

If you see a guy that looks like me, it will not be me and he will absolutely no interests in Colt AR-15s so you will have to keep dropping the price.
    Broad Ripple brunch? Is that code for, start drinking before lunch?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Just a heads up for Saturday AM. 38th St between Coliseum Ave and Washington Blvd will be part of the course for the Monumental Marathon. So traffic will be more congested than usual in that area. Probably best to plan on entering the fairgrounds from the east entrance on Fall Creek.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One day to go! If my schedule holds I will be there Friday and Sunday.

As always please stop by if you are at the show. It’s always good meeting INGOERS in the wild.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Haven’t been to a gun show in a long time, and never to this one. My dad used to take me to em as a kid. How much is the entry fee?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Haven’t been to a gun show in a long time, and never to this one. My dad used to take me to em as a kid. How much is the entry fee?
    This one is not cheap: $12 at the door and $10 parking (unless you go the @DoggyDaddy route and park in the sketchy neighborhood nearby, and hit the free pass that I may or may not have to give away) but this is the full gun show experience.

I burn 40 hours (that's X5 Indy 1500s X8) of my annual leave every year working the Friday at the 1500 because I have a lot of fun.

Do I have to bring my A-game when I work the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth? Yes. Did I bring my C-game when I worked the INGO booth? Yes. Do I like the challenge? Yes.

I like the people watching, I like bumping the thread with the INGOers I meet in the wild, I like pointing out "Flock of Seagulls" and "the Mullet Squad".

If you make it Friday or Sunday stop by and holler.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500 Gun and Blade Show. THE BIG STORY: the weather is totally awesome today.

The show is in the south pavilion, that is a long 38th St., east side of the fairgrounds, close to fall Creek Parkway.

ZX Guns is maybe 30 yards away, where are you come through the overhead doors to the south side of the pavilion. The custom dog tag sign is about the first thing you see after coming in, the big bomb sign from Revolver Tactical is down by the snack bar Towards the back.

NRA/NRA ILA/ISRPA Booth is located near the exit, where we usually are in this building.

Thankfully they replaced the old air handler‘s that were in this building, the ones that were so loud we couldn’t hear anyone because… Let’s face it everyone in this booth is an older dude who has shot a lot of guns.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, I have a one day pass to give away. It is good for one day, any of the three days of the show. First person to bump the thread And say I’ll take it or anything along that line gets the past.

Top Bottom