• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    The amount of younger generation I saw there yesterday was promising....................or concerning, depending how ya look at it. J/K
    I saw a young man (early 20s I'd guess) exiting the show at the same time as me asked for a receipt for the dub barrel he just purchased, he was so damned excited he forgot where he rat holed his receipt, but finally found it, lol.
    I can't remember the last time I was so stoked about buying a gun and I'll admit, a little jealous of his new side by side.
    I enjoy reading Kelly's updates more than I did going yesterday.
    Thanks for taking us along Sir.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The amount of younger generation I saw there yesterday was promising....................or concerning, depending how ya look at it. J/K
    I saw a young man (early 20s I'd guess) exiting the show at the same time as me asked for a receipt for the dub barrel he just purchased, he was so damned excited he forgot where he rat holed his receipt, but finally found it, lol.
    I can't remember the last time I was so stoked about buying a gun and I'll admit, a little jealous of his new side by side.
    Thanks jerrob, the stuff pretty much writes itself with the 1500 crowd.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    This was the first time I was less than happy with the show. I have always enjoyed walking around and looking at everything. The price of parking and entry never really bothered me. I guess what really soured me was the primer prices. I have a decent supply as I haven’t done any loading since our house fire in November of ‘17. I was only paying $28-$32 per 1k back then. I had no idea people were getting raped that bad on primers. I also miss the cheese guy. I usually bought 6-8 of his small blocks. He hasn’t been there since before Covid.
    Matt

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went about 1:30 or 2 on Saturday, no line just walked in. It wasn't overly crowded so it was easy to get around. I wasn't expecting 15.00 to get in, not sure when that started. I saw a few deals but nothing I had to have, didn't seem to be a lot of older used guns like I typically look for. Some of the vendors had ammo that was priced comparable to many shops i've seen so it wasn't too bad. I did see one dealer that had one of the SPFD 1911 Emmisary's so I got to handle one of those, it's a nice piece. Forgot to add, the silliest thing seen was a dealer that had a bunch of Colt AR uppers marked 'pre-CZ' lol, so that's a thing now.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Same old dealers selling the same old guns or really trying to sell at ridiculous prices the same guns they have packed and repacked scores of times at the other gun shows. Primers for $200/1000? Seriously? They were not only on crack they were on crystal-meth. I just can't stand these price gougers. Forget them and their crazy prices! Ok, I'm better now that I have told it as it is and vented. Peace!

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    In the same vein... Saturday, saw several groups of younger men (early 20's, I would guess). Nearly all carrying short barrel, stockless rifles either in their hand or on slings. Interesting sling arrangement in several of the cases; XX large T-shirt, untucked, sling arrangement under the shirt so weapon hung down on side with just the tip of the barrel exposed. Usual run of AK's and AR's but, in a number of cases, some rather expensive stuff! Without prejudice, it appeared to me that there was significant indication of gang affiliation. Just my observation.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad I decided I didn't need to go. Have really enjoyed the shows in the past, but from what has been posted I would have been disappointed and not happy to have spent the time and money.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not familiar with that term. Got a description?
    A couple shows ago we saw a Mom carrying a Spam Can of Russian ammo (440-ish rounds.) Her husband was a big dude, carrying nothing. Her sons (2 each) were big enough to carry it.

I overheard the husband asking her if she wanted him to carry it, she declined. They stopped at the booth a bit later, I told the sons they should be carrying that for their Mom. She seemed concerned they would drop it.

Thus, "Spam Can Mom" is now in INGO/1500 lore. Up there with the extras from the Walking Dead (that was mine), the cast of The Hills Have Eyes (that was ChurchMouse), and The Man from Glad.

Alpha06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2021
    Central IL
    I always enjoyed the 1500 show. Can't ever remember not buying something. I keep telling myself that I'll make the trip over.

It's more like 3+ hours now. Maybe one of these times.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Missed the August show but went to the show in April. Was able to score some decent South African 303 British ammo that was reasonable $30 for box of 50 that's unheard of nowadays. Other then that not much. Maybe the late October show will be better.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Missed the August show but went to the show in April. Was able to score some decent South African 303 British ammo that was reasonable $30 for box of 50 that's unheard of nowadays. Other then that not much. Maybe the late October show will be better.
    I know Cheaper Than Dirt are 3 dirty words around here, but just a few years ago they had surplus HXP (Greek, boxer primed, reloadable) .303 for around 30 cents a round. I'm not proud of it, but I stocked up. Shooting my Enfields at Mosin prices? Yes please.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I know Cheaper Than Dirt are 3 dirty words around here, but just a few years ago they had surplus HXP (Greek, boxer primed, reloadable) .303 for around 30 cents a round. I'm not proud of it, but I stocked up. Shooting my Enfields at Mosin prices? Yes please.
    Those were the days still if I can find 303 British or 7.92x57 ammo that's reasonable I'll buy it. But still surplus ammo is getting to be the same price range as newly production ammo. Sometimes it's not even worth buying. The May OGCA show I found some 1970s Portuguese surplus ammo on a gentleman's table. It was the 80 round boxes on stripper clips. I asked how much he said $40 a box. I bought all five and then he scratched his head. He even said "I think I sold that ammo too cheap." It's just getting harder and harder to find those days. Sorry I'm not paying $450 for 192 round spam can of Greek HXP M2 ball.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those were the days still if I can find 303 British or 7.92x57 ammo that's reasonable I'll buy it.
    Oh I agree, but the CTD deal was just about 4 or 5 years ago. As for the 7.92x57, even back then I could sometimes find it for about 35 cents a round for Yugo. You're right about today's prices though. Might as well buy the PPU stuff, especially if you reload.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Almost shocking just to see how much prices have changed it just five years. Hoping to find some decent ammo at the next Knob creek show but I highly doubt it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    October show starts on the 15th. It’s back in the West Hall (AKA the BIG room).

Top Bottom