• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Will this be a good place to get a deal on ammo? Or am I still better off shopping online?
    You'd be better off checking around to local gun shops nearby. There are several around Indianapolis that I'd frequent if I were you.
    Unless you just want to be part of the crazy, I would not plan on getting any deals after you pay for parking and admission.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    I was very disappointed in the last 1500. there was just a small fraction of the dealers from years past. The only reason I'd go to the next one is if Vance bullets will be there as I need to restock.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    As much as I hate the thought of the cost, lines, prices and crowd that will attend this event, it is going to be hard to not attend. Like watching Talladega...you know there will be mayhem at some point, so you tune in with great expectations (sadly) only to be disappointed in the end.

hoosierhawkeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    New Castle
    I am looking forward to just having a nice time walking around to see what is there. If I come across a good deal on ammo or guns that's gravy. The meat and potatoes is seeing product and visiting with people who enjoy "talking guns and all things related to shooting guns."

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    Will this be a good place to get a deal on ammo? Or am I still better off shopping online?
    In my experience anything firearm related at the 1500 is not a good deal. Worse than retail. Probably much better off shopping online. I’m not an expert but that’s my opinion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw them last year, I think. If not last year then the year prior.
    It seems like it was 2018 the last time we had one. I miss those days, me and Churchmouse having the traditional pre-1500 breakfast at Charlie Brown’s speedway. Then later having my head on a swivel for someone church mouse had just banned.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In my experience anything firearm related at the 1500 is not a good deal. Worse than retail. Probably much better off shopping online. I’m not an expert but that’s my opinion.
    You do get to see things you don’t normally see, when I say things I mean people. I remember one show a guy wearing a kill a commie for mommy T-shirt was hanging out with a guy wearing a Kalashnikov T-shirt. Then of course there is the extras from The Walking Dead. Then one show it was raining I remember, saw a dude putting a trash bag on to go outside. I think we named him The Man from Glad.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    It seems like it was 2018 the last time we had one. I miss those days, me and Churchmouse having the traditional pre-1500 breakfast at Charlie Brown’s speedway. Then later having my head on a swivel for someone church mouse had just banned.
    I'm sure you're right. Just doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    You're not wrong. I like shopping at LGS, but I'm fortunate enough to have 2 within a few miles of my house. Both are nice shops.

The only advantage at the 1500 is the amount of stuff. They've got several smaller shops that set up there. Usually, at least last year, there are at least 2-3 big tables with a lot of selection. Don't get me wrong, you do have to weed through quite a lot of junk and old guys selling at "collectible" prices. The last 2 times I've bene was with a friend that needed help finding something in particular. Two years ago I set both friends up with nice carry guns, and last year we found a shockwave for another guy. This year, who knows what's there...

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    You're not wrong. I like shopping at LGS, but I'm fortunate enough to have 2 within a few miles of my house. Both are nice shops.

The only advantage at the 1500 is the amount of stuff. They've got several smaller shops that set up there. Usually, at least last year, there are at least 2-3 big tables with a lot of selection. Don't get me wrong, you do have to weed through quite a lot of junk and old guys selling at "collectible" prices. The last 2 times I've bene was with a friend that needed help finding something in particular. Two years ago I set both friends up with nice carry guns, and last year we found a shockwave for another guy. This year, who knows what's there...
    I haven’t been in a couple years just cause everything I looked at seemed to be an outrageous price. I’ve always had much better luck online or at LGS. I’m 2 mins from Bradis in Camby, haven’t been there in awhile though. Need to see how they’re doing nowadays

Top Bottom