• ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have been a supporter of the show and have spent a ton of money over the years but I am growing tired of driving to the state fairgrounds. I am getting increasingly irritated with the cost of parking. Now up to $10. I also only go on Friday’s so the new 3 day day pass for $15 instead of one day for $12 is a cost increase for me. I feel it is getting close to the point where I will no longer go every time. It may become a once a year thing for me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does INGO have a booth? If so where is it?

I looked for it in February but didn't see it.
    INGO hasn't had a booth for quite a while. I think the last INGO booth show was when I met the NRA-ILA Campaign Field Coordinator and have been volunteering with them ever since.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So where do the mods & the INGO famous hang out at now during the show?
    If you're there Sunday you can meet the not so famous yet not quite infamous KellyinAvon at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    We stood in line for an hour plus today before the doors opened. Then some maverick fired an “accidental discharge” into the ground about 15 people behind us just before the doors opened. No one even seemed to flinch.

We did enjoy seeing some of the rare and vintage guns, and were somewhat entertained by the stupid high ammo prices ($475 for 250 rounds of 9mm or .223?!?!)

It was easy to walk around as there was a lot of empty space, and lots of empty tables (trying to turn a negative into a positive here, lol).

But between the $10 parking and $30 for two of us to get in the door for a few hours (I don’t need or want a weekend pass.), and, oh yea, 2 sodas for $10... plus gas money... It’s just not worth the entertainment any more.

Add on the fact that we witnessed multiple sketchy deals go down first hand... One guy asked if he could use a blurry photo on his phone as his Indiana ID (“Work with me”, he said to the dealer.). And the dealer replied, “No problem, just fill out paperwork with your info, it’s all I need...”

The June show has already been reported as cancelled. That is ok, I think we are done with this anyway...

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday.
    If you see a Jesus looking guy with an AR-15 essential mask I am happy to provid high fives or hugs upon request.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    On the way out of the show, the promoter had had a banner displaying the next show dates would be in Oct. Guy sitting at the exit said the August show had been dropped from the schedule.

Saw lots of first time gun buyers. Seemed like there were a lot of couples shopping for handguns.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What will the show entry fee be on Sunday morning? I still have my wristband, but a friend wants to go, unless he has to pay the $15 three day pass.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What will the show entry fee be on Sunday morning? I still have my wristband, but a friend wants to go, unless he has to pay the $15 three day pass.
    AFAIK it'll be $12. It was good seeing you Snoop.

I didn't post this yesterday, Primers were anywhere from $150-$200/1000.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was wondering with the recent incidents and the political climate we are in, if there would be ppl protesting around the fairground. Haven’t heard of any, so that’s good.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I was wondering with the recent incidents and the political climate we are in, if there would be ppl protesting around the fairground. Haven’t heard of any, so that’s good.
    Other than the accidental discharge while standing in line, and listening to random people going on and on about the Covid vaccines including government “FBI tracking microchips” and “DNA altering codes”... It was actually very quiet outside on Friday!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh no. You BAD people.
    :)

WRTV

People lined up around the building for the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, just hours after a shooting that took the lives of 8 people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis.
    1f4f8.png
    : Victor Ryckaert

1618722376644.png

1618722393132.png

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Oh no. You BAD people.
    =AZW4Jdynnsdh1xTq7iOyqTY-5JaKtBopP4dgES1MKX4EQx9llrNIWUVmf6ganoPIpByBV0Pu759HCEwaJv0DANtYlp_ndtyqPE4etLhjdxYTqfr9Gqf9aJozARY84WNirTdT5k9Gd3XpKh7rEr7jqfTz&__tn__=%3C%2CP-R']:)

WRTV

People lined up around the building for the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, just hours after a shooting that took the lives of 8 people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis.
    1f4f8.png
    : Victor Ryckaert

View attachment 136133

View attachment 136134
    Yep. Was one of the bad people. We were talking in line about the FedEx shooting and wondering if at the last minute, the show would be cancelled. Almost seemed like a party atmosphere while waiting for the show to open.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500. I have in my possession five coupons for four dollars off two tickets Admission. I also have the coveted one day VIP pass. First person who bumps the thread gets the VIP pass, next five can have the four dollars off two. Offer is good until noon. I will PM the winners and coordinate

Top Bottom