• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    So many old milsurp guns to see, and prices that were realistic, AND sellers that were more than willing to haggle. I think I bought 3 rifles that day, and did so without breaking the bank!.
    I think this is a big factor, at least for me, and I'm probably not alone. Old vintage and collectable guns have gotten so stupid high in price that I cant even afford to look at them. You have to really be into that scene and have the capital to back up your wants if you wanna play. All I can do is look as I walk by and think, that is a nice gun. Wish I had been older or had money back when that stuff sold reasonably.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    National Gun Day pretty much ruined the 1500 for me the first time I went to it. It really put a spotlight on just how bad the 1500 had gotten. But even NGD has gone down hill since then IMHO. That first one I went to, I was like a kid in a candy store. So many old milsurp guns to see, and prices that were realistic, AND sellers that were more than willing to haggle. I think I bought 3 rifles that day, and did so without breaking the bank!.
    I had the same reaction too the National gun Day show when I first went in 2011 lol. Walked out with a wonderful 1898 Krag rifle and the nicest Remington M1903A3 rifle I have ever seen. Bought from the same dealer and we have been friends ever since. The show is still good but over the years it has went down. For starters the show promoter started charging more for tables $125 a piece, the tickets went up, and the parking went up. I started noticing the dealers got less and less every show as well as the attendees. Then the quality stated going down the knife sellers, camping gear dudes, and tactical **** started moving in. When I go to a gun collector show I'm not looking for camping gear. I'll go to Cabela's for that cheaper too. Still my all time favorite show is the SOS military show in February.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    As many of you know, I kept a table at the 1500 between 2013 and 2015. It was a good time, didn't make a lot of money but made a lot of good friends. When the bottom dropped out of the surplus market, I stopped going. Really haven't been back since.

Indy1500Aug2014-7.jpg

Indy1500Oct2014-1.jpg

ChicksOnTheRight2014.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Don't you have some cousins to kiss or sheep to caress? Anyway, understand this: The only people that can "butthurt" {must be a Hoosier thing} me, are people I care about, and those whom's opinions I value. You fit neither category. You are NOBODY. Just some hick from Winchester.

And yet, LOL, here I am, LOL living rent free in your head!

Attachments

• 116549585_medium_1550710421.jpg
      116549585_medium_1550710421.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 5

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The overall feelings of how bad shows have gotten is exactly why I sold all my business items to AB in Lafayette. If I can't pay myelf $10/hr from profits, I crossed that show off my list of venues to set up for. I started in '87 and the halcyon days are gone to be never seen again. I've never had low budget guns or knives on my tables. I went down from 4 tables to 1 before finally exiting to never return to the 1500 again.

Indyjohn, I had tables by you one year. I was on the end and between us was Lee Koch / old Applied Ballistics. I was the Korean Hillbilly that kept feeding the white mini poodle Zick's wild meat treats. That annoying was owned by some older western holster people that stood in the aisle selling their wares. The dog, Foofy crapped all over the camper from gastric distress. I'm a bad man but it was amusing as that dog wouldn't quit mooching off of us no matter how full.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The overall feelings of how bad shows have gotten is exactly why I sold all my business items to AB in Lafayette. If I can't pay myelf $10/hr from profits, I crossed that show off my list of venues to set up for. I started in '87 and the halcyon days are gone to be never seen again. I've never had low budget guns or knives on my tables. I went down from 4 tables to 1 before finally exiting to never return to the 1500 again.

Indyjohn, I had tables by you one year. I was on the end and between us was Lee Koch / old Applied Ballistics. I was the Korean Hillbilly that kept feeding the white mini poodle Zick's wild meat treats. That annoying was owned by some older western holster people that stood in the aisle selling their wares. The dog, Foofy crapped all over the camper from gastric distress. I'm a bad man but it was amusing as that dog wouldn't quit mooching off of us no matter how full.

LOL You are a bad man.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I still see deals here and there but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of middle ground anymore, either it's a table of junk guns or it's nicer stuff priced at the higher end of what you would see on Gunbroker.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom