• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can't believe it's October either! This show will be in the West Pavilion (AKA the BIG room) since in mid-October we (hopefully) won't be needing A/C like in August. This is near the east side of the fairgrounds and the building runs north & south.

I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth as usual. Unlike the last show I'll be there all day Friday, possibly the Saturday or Sunday as well.

When I get the lay of the land I'll provide landmark-directions such as the Revolver-Tactical "big bomb" sign, the guy with a bazilion targets, $25 Serbian gas-masks, the concession stand and the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

The thread will be bumped with sightings of: SPAM-Can Mom, the cast of The Hills Have Eyes, the extras from The Walking Dead, Kill a commie for Mommie and Kalashnikov t-shirt buds, 1911 lanyard-carry dude, gas mask dude(s), the Man from Glad if it's raining, and of course INGOers in the wild.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I tried to stop by and say hi to someone who shall remain nameless but they weren't around when I showed up. So rude. I think this time I'll just crop dust the nra booth :D
    Mom has recovered from her knee surgery (probably all the physical therapy exercises I made her do) so I'll be able to be there all day. I'll try to stay upwind.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Gotta run down south that weekend but look forward to your play by play of the goat "petting" contest we call the Indy 1500............................hilarious!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gotta run down south that weekend but look forward to your play by play of the goat "petting" contest we call the Indy 1500............................hilarious!
    As CM can attest, I will be making comments. It's a shame not to share them with INGO.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I'll be there last show of the year might as well try to get some decent deals on ammo if I can. And KellyinAvon you forgot about the dope smokers too. The last time I went I walked past many people that smelled like dope.

So you will have to watch out for the Shaggy smoking weed guy!

artworks-yZQa2RyNBZsHp5Xy-AQhqhw-t500x500.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be there last show of the year might as well try to get some decent deals on ammo if I can. And KellyinAvon you forgot about the dope smokers too. The last time I went I walked past many people that smelled like dope.

So you will have to watch out for the Shaggy smoking weed guy!

View attachment 161346
    Was it the Goths? Saturday was Goth Day last show.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Less than a week away! Got my list (ok, not really, only looking for one thing and I only need a list for more than two things) got my cash (need more) other than that I’m ready.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gonna sound stupid but if I have something to sell how do I let it be known?
    I've only sold rifles, but I used to carry it with a sling, then make a sign with what it was and how much I was asking, attach it to a dowel rod and put it down the barrel. I've seen others put something similar on pistol cases too. Then again a lot of people just carry in whatever they're selling. There will be people that come up and ask you about it, guaranteed. I just found it easier to make a sign than to have to keep getting stopped by the tire kickers. I have done it that way too though.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can you sell or trade at 1500?
    Yes you can.
    A dowel rod down the barrel of a slung long gun with a sign on top containing info is a classic approach to private sales. I've seen signs on backpacks as well.

Letting the folks know what ya got seems key. Several shows back we saw INGOer @Smith& W spot a round-butt 686 from like three aisles away (not mentioned on the sign, spotted it partially sticking out of a cargo pocket.) Not everyone has that keen eye.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    List? Check! Cash? Check! Stash of snacks? Check! It's going to be raining tomorrow so there may be an appearance of The Man from Glad.

mrcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 2, 2021
    Carmel
    I am looking for a decent 22LR pistol to use at the range. Any chance of finding something like this at the show - for a reasonable price? Been a while since I attended the event...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am looking for a decent 22LR pistol to use at the range. Any chance of finding something like this at the show - for a reasonable price? Been a while since I attended the event...
    Excellent question sir! A lot of the tables are still covered, I’m gonna take a lap around and I’ll see what there is to see. Are you looking revolver or semi automatic?

Top Bottom