• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So did I visit the Indy 1500 today or the 150? I swear I have never seen it so sparsely populated ever. I did get there late on a Sunday but the tables that I thought might have packed up early, I asked someone and they said it was like that all weekend. Didn't get any offers on my pistols, oh we'll, guess I'll see about the classifieds. I did grab a single point bungee sling for the AR pistol.
    And Kelly, I am madder than a hornet with you over these primer prices!
    So you're OK with me causing the microchip and dill pickle shortages? :laugh:

Les Paul

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2021
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I fell sorry for anybody that sets up a table at ANY gun show in Marion county. They used to be good shows. I set up at a show not to be named out of respect to the promoter {it was at Stout Field} last June, and I had never seen such trash people attending a show in my life. Most had no money to spend either, seems like the $5 entry tapped their resources. They were there just to look, cycle the bolts and levers on your rifles, and turn a few cylinders. Get their greasy finger prints all over your gun, then sit it down and walk away after saying:"Cool!". I guess I got spoiled living in Florida for the past 20+ years where people have both class and money to spend. At the end of the show Saturday {it ran all weekend, but I didn't see any reason to waste a Sunday on this garbage}, I politely told the promoter I was leaving, and wouldn't be there Sunday. He told me not to ever return, that I was banned from any of his future shows, to which I replied with a laugh: "Thanks for the favor pal!"

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Yeah the show was pretty darn sad and attendance was way down. The Autumn weekend was actually pretty nice even though it was slightly cold. I probably sold maybe $1,000 worth of bayonets but I could have sold all that online in probably an hour to other people I've done business with before. I did score a good deal on ammunition from a buddy. He had a 420 round can of federal 5.56 62gr on stripper Clips green tip. The can still hsd the factory seal $200 took it home I was happy to buy that. About the only thing I bought was some nice pants from the VTAC guys and found some Marine Corps Polo sweaters. The one thing I felt troubling with some of the attendees as others have mentioned here was the lack of respect I think. A lot of people don't seem to ask to pick up on expensive rifle anymore. They just grab it and start cycling the action of something that is very expensive. I was talking to a friend of mine who had a beautiful M62 valmet rifle on his table. We know those are expensive, he had it listed for over $7,000. Some twenty-year-old kid just started grabbing it and picking it up without asking. He basically told the kid listen I don't mind you looking at any of these rifles that's what they're here for but would you please ask before you pick up a $7,000 item. The kid gave him a dirty look and my buddy just shook his head. He basically said what happened to integrity and manners from folks. This guy was a marine major 30 years plus experience in the corps. Changing of the times maybe I guess. The other thing I noticed it does seem a lot of people in that show don't even have $5 in their pocket. Couple other dealers I know that sell military surplus somebody wanted to buy a $2 item from them and they wanted to pay with a credit card. I actually had some beautiful M16 20 round adventure line magazines on my table Vietnam era in pretty good shape. Had them listed for $25 was offered $5 by somebody. I basically said for $5 I'll keep them all.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I fell sorry for anybody that sets up a table at ANY gun show in Marion county. They used to be good shows. I set up at a show not to be named out of respect to the promoter {it was at Stout Field} last June, and I had never seen such trash people attending a show in my life. Most had no money to spend either, seems like the $5 entry tapped their resources. They were there just to look, cycle the bolts and levers on your rifles, and turn a few cylinders. Get their greasy finger prints all over your gun, then sit it down and walk away after saying:"Cool!". I guess I got spoiled living in Florida for the past 20+ years where people have both class and money to spend. At the end of the show Saturday {it ran all weekend, but I didn't see any reason to waste a Sunday on this garbage}, I politely told the promoter I was leaving, and wouldn't be there Sunday. He told me not to ever return, that I was banned from any of his future shows, to which I replied with a laugh: "Thanks for the favor pal!"
    I don't have any class, and I didn't have money to spend.

I did buy root beer floats for myself and my daughter....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't have any class, and I didn't have money to spend.

I did buy root beer floats for myself and my daughter....
    The price of the concessions didn’t give you a heart attack?? I thought ammo prices were outrageous until I saw the $5 fountain drinks and $4 bottled water.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The price of the concessions didn’t give you a heart attack?? I thought ammo prices were outrageous until I saw the $5 fountain drinks and $4 bottled water.
    Yeah, but my daughter wanted one. Funny thing is the price was $5/each on the board but the lady rang them up at $6/each. You better believe I complained.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wellll well well....

Just when I thought INGO wasn't going to give me a new sig line anytime soon.... LOL

" I guess I got spoiled living in Florida for the past 20+ years where people have both class and money to spend."

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Yeah the show was pretty darn sad and attendance was way down. The Autumn weekend was actually pretty nice even though it was slightly cold. I probably sold maybe $1,000 worth of bayonets but I could have sold all that online in probably an hour to other people I've done business with before. I did score a good deal on ammunition from a buddy. He had a 420 round can of federal 5.56 62gr on stripper Clips green tip. The can still hsd the factory seal $200 took it home I was happy to buy that. About the only thing I bought was some nice pants from the VTAC guys and found some Marine Corps Polo sweaters. The one thing I felt troubling with some of the attendees as others have mentioned here was the lack of respect I think. A lot of people don't seem to ask to pick up on expensive rifle anymore. They just grab it and start cycling the action of something that is very expensive. I was talking to a friend of mine who had a beautiful M62 valmet rifle on his table. We know those are expensive, he had it listed for over $7,000. Some twenty-year-old kid just started grabbing it and picking it up without asking. He basically told the kid listen I don't mind you looking at any of these rifles that's what they're here for but would you please ask before you pick up a $7,000 item. The kid gave him a dirty look and my buddy just shook his head. He basically said what happened to integrity and manners from folks. This guy was a marine major 30 years plus experience in the corps. Changing of the times maybe I guess. The other thing I noticed it does seem a lot of people in that show don't even have $5 in their pocket. Couple other dealers I know that sell military surplus somebody wanted to buy a $2 item from them and they wanted to pay with a credit card. I actually had some beautiful M16 20 round adventure line magazines on my table Vietnam era in pretty good shape. Had them listed for $25 was offered $5 by somebody. I basically said for $5 I'll keep them all.
    Pretty much everything that you have just stated is why I gave up setting up at the gun shows, especially the 1500.
    There's a complete utter lack of respect for other person's property and it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Les Paul

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2021
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Wellll well well....

Just when I thought INGO wasn't going to give me a new sig line anytime soon.... LOL

" I guess I got spoiled living in Florida for the past 20+ years where people have both class and money to spend."
    Here is something else you can use for your "sig line": The county my winter home is located in has more wealth than the entire state of Indiana. The photo your moniker is attached to could have been copied off of most Marion County residents drivers license. Home of the low IQ.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here is something else you can use for your "sig line": The county my winter home is located in has more wealth than the entire state of Indiana. The photo your moniker is attached to could have been copied off of most Marion County residents drivers license. Home of the low IQ.
    iu

Les Paul

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2021
    Greenfield, Indiana
    southside of Indy: What a shame. I remember what it once was, twenty plus years ago. The bottom has fallen out of it now, looks like a combination of Saigon and Guadalajara now. Had family that lived there back then {all deceased or moved away} and I never felt like I had to watch my back when I was there. I don't even go there now, not even during the daylight hours. Miss going to Edwards Drive Inn, thats about all thats left of the southside I used to know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been to Edward's once because I heard they had good tenderloins. I wasn't impressed.

I'm farther south and more central than that. And yes, it's changed for sure. Very large Chin population, but more worrisome are the residents of the low-income apartments near Southern Plaza. Can definitely see the influence of "creeping crud".

Les Paul

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2021
    Greenfield, Indiana
    They USED to have good food, especially the loins they were known for, can't say now, haven't been there in years. Also used to eat at the Mug & Bun on west 10th. Hadn't eaten there in thirty years, and stopped in last year to grab a bite and it was so greasy and the veggie toppings were on the verge of being rotten, I asked for my money back. Was refused, not surprised, I was probably their only customer that day! Passing through going to a guitar show in Danville. The southside used to be special in my youth. Back in the 1970s we used to "cruise the southside", Tee Pee, Steak n' Shake and White Castle. Also Garfield Park until the city put up barricades. Met allot of girls that way. Can't do that kind of stuff today; drugs and wannabe gang bangers have ruined everything. Sure,once in awhile there would be fist fights, but nobody ever got seriously hurt, much less killed like what happens on a daily basis today. Used to be, once you got south of Raymond Street, it got nice and quiet. Now you have to get south of Smith Valley Road!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They USED to have good food, especially the loins they were known for, can't say now, haven't been there in years. Also used to eat at the Mug & Bun on west 10th. Hadn't eaten there in thirty years, and stopped in last year to grab a bite and it was so greasy and the veggie toppings were on the verge of being rotten, I asked for my money back. Was refused, not surprised, I was probably their only customer that day! Passing through going to a guitar show in Danville. The southside used to be special in my youth. Back in the 1970s we used to "cruise the southside", Tee Pee, Steak n' Shake and White Castle. Also Garfield Park until the city put up barricades. Met allot of girls that way. Can't do that kind of stuff today; drugs and wannabe gang bangers have ruined everything. Sure,once in awhile there would be fist fights, but nobody ever got seriously hurt, much less killed like what happens on a daily basis today. Used to be, once you got south of Raymond Street, it got nice and quiet. Now you have to get south of Smith Valley Road!
    We must be about the same age. I'm living in the house I grew up in. Dad built it in 1952 and Thompson Rd. was still a gravel road. Ours was the only house around and everything behind us (south) was farmland. It was just chip 'n seal when I was growing up, and when they finally paved it with real blacktop, we thought that was just the coolest thing!

We also used to cruise the southside, and rode our bikes up to Southern Plaza for the carnivals they would have there before we started driving. It's not totally gone, but the sketchiness definitely increases dramatically once you get north of Hanna.

Top Bottom