• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Will a Spam Can fit in one of those Durkins Tactical bags I keep seeing? I’d really like to know.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I haven’t been to a show for a couple of years, and man have things changed. Very few people selling used guns, and the ones I did see were near or even above new prices. I’m not talking about high end collector quality guns, I mean the same stuff every gun shop has new type guns.

On the upside, there was more ammo than I expected, but it was still priced higher than I’m willing to pay. Hopefully the increased availability will lead to lower prices in the coming months.

Show was still a winner for me though. I picked up an ambi charging handle for my latest PSA build and a Benchmade 4400bk. Both things that are hard to find at any place locally where you can touch and feel before purchasing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Took the kids to Comicon today.

The BO issue is far worse than the 1500. They were farther and few between, but dayum! When they were rank, they made 1500-ers look normal.

One Cosplayer* was so rank that even after he left the area, it still stank. Yikes.

(*geeks that show up dressed in costume as their favorite character. (no judgement. I told my 12YO I was gonna cosplay as her; halter top, pleated skirt, over the knee socks, and combat boots. she was not impressed. ))

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Took the kids to Comicon today.

The BO issue is far worse than the 1500. They were farther and few between, but dayum! When they were rank, they made 1500-ers look normal.

One Cosplayer* was so rank that even after he left the area, it still stank. Yikes.

(*geeks that show up dressed in costume as their favorite character. (no judgement. I told my 12YO I was gonna cosplay as her; halter top, pleated skirt, over the knee socks, and combat boots. she was not impressed. ))
    Oh you sweet sweet summer child. This makes me think you never went to gencon before. There have been times at gencon where the thought of having an orgy In a sauna with the folks at the 1500 would have been as welcome as a summer rain.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, the kids today apparently are better groomed than before. Only a few whiffs wandering around yesterday. But that one guy was apparently boss level.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh you sweet sweet summer child. This makes me think you never went to gencon before. There have been times at gencon where the thought of having an orgy In a sauna with the folks at the 1500 would have been as welcome as a summer rain.
    Yeah, the kids today apparently are better groomed than before. Only a few whiffs wandering around yesterday. But that one guy was apparently boss level.
    In the bigger West Pavilion I really didn't notice anyone who need to at least take a combat shower before making the trip. This is called "a good thing".

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be in Brown County (Nashville) today and not at the fairgrounds. It's always nice to meet INGOers in the real and not just through a screen. Actually saw Frank in civilian clothes.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    So did I visit the Indy 1500 today or the 150? I swear I have never seen it so sparsely populated ever. I did get there late on a Sunday but the tables that I thought might have packed up early, I asked someone and they said it was like that all weekend. Didn't get any offers on my pistols, oh we'll, guess I'll see about the classifieds. I did grab a single point bungee sling for the AR pistol.
    And Kelly, I am madder than a hornet with you over these primer prices!

Top Bottom