• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just gotta say I disagree with this sentiment... Have you priced balognia lately? It is expensive! Make a zucchini soup and rice and call it done.
    No doubt. There is enough spare zucchini to cover them easily. For free even. People give that stuff away.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    No doubt. There is enough spare zucchini to cover them easily. For free even. People give that stuff away.
    OLD STORY
    Had so much zucchini that the neighbors wouldn’t take any more. Set them on an old chair with a sign saying FREE. Went shopping. When I returned the chair was gone, the sign was gone and the zucchini was still there.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

From what I understand, the Glock serial number is in the polymer plastic frame ..

John
    Glocks (at least mine) have the serial number on a piece of metal embedded in the underside of the frame just ahead of the trigger guard, as well as the metal slide and the barrel.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Just people that think “I’ll just plant one. That should be enough for us. :lmfao:
    A couple years after my father in law was stationed in the Midwest, and having neighbors give then some, decided they liked them and wanted to grow their own... So he planted 12 hills worth! I think he needed an axe to recover his back yard!

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I saw a car theft at a gas station of the west side a couple weeks ago, broad daylight with a large crowd of witnesses and bystanders...guy just jumped in and drove off.

Lately, it seems like every other dude on the street has an extended magazine hanging out of the pocket of his sweat pants, something I don‘t ever recall seeing in the past, until the last couple years.

I‘m friendly with a couple of the IMPD officers who patrol the area around my business, and they say that IMPD is struggling to cover shifts, and have been since before the pandemic.

Based on what I see on the streets, I can believe it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Glocks (at least mine) have the serial number on a piece of metal embedded in the underside of the frame just ahead of the trigger guard, as well as the metal slide and the barrel.
    What I'm learning from more research is Glock puts the serial number in any of several locations, sometimes more than one, depending on country in which it's to be sold - to satisfy different laws in different countries regarding firearm serial numbers. I'm still curious how it's possible to completely eradicate one given the stamping process and how it displaces material.

John

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What I'm learning from more research is Glock puts the serial number in any of several locations, sometimes more than one, depending on country in which it's to be sold - to satisfy different laws in different countries regarding firearm serial numbers. I'm still curious how it's possible to completely eradicate one given the stamping process and how it displaces material.

John
    Its generally done with a drill bit. The displaced metal is then left on the drill press/work bench as chips and curls.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    This strikes me as criminal recklessness with a firearm- a level 5 felony. The Marion Country Bail Schedule calls for a $7,500 bond. Moreover it appears to qualify for an enhancement because the alleged crime involves a deadly weapon. That doubles the bail to $15,000. The only crimes with a $500 bond that I see are level 6 felonies. The fact she pulled the trigger would make this a class 5 in my mind.

I've wasted far to much time in this rabbit hole but I have a better picture and questions about charging for Mr. Mears.

Level 6 Felonies

Bail shall be set in the amount of $500 Cash for individuals booked in for a general class “D” felony or level 6 felony outright arrest. • Battery (I.C. § 35-42-2-1) •
    Criminal Confinement (I.C. § 35-42-3-3)
    Criminal Gang Activity (I.C. § 35-45-9-3) •
    Criminal Recklessness (I.C. § 35-42-2-2 – all sections) •
    Escape (I.C. § 35-44-3-5/I.C. §35-44.1-3-4) •
    Intimidation (I.C. § 35-45-2-1) •
    Pointing a Firearm (I.C. § 35-47-4-3) • (she did more than point. She allegedly pulled the trigger several times)
    Residential Entry (I.C. § 35-43-2-1.5) •
    Resisting Law Enforcement (I.C. § 35-44-3-3/ I.C. §35-44.1-3-1) •
    Stalking (I.C. § 35-45-10-5) •
    Strangulation (I.C. § 35-42-2-8/ I.C. §35-42-2-9)

Level 5 Felonies
    Level 5 felonies carry the potential of 1 to 6 years' imprisonment (advisory sentence of 3 years). Involuntary manslaughter, robbery (no injuries), and criminal recklessness (involving a weapon) are all Level 5 felonies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This strikes me as criminal recklessness with a firearm- a level 5 felony. The Marion Country Bail Schedule calls for a $7,500 bond. Moreover it appears to qualify for an enhancement because the alleged crime involves a deadly weapon. That doubles the bail to $15,000. The only crimes with a $500 bond that I see are level 6 felonies. The fact she pulled the trigger would make this a class 5 in my mind.

I've wasted far to much time in this rabbit hole but I have a better picture and questions about charging for Mr. Mears.

Level 6 Felonies

Bail shall be set in the amount of $500 Cash for individuals booked in for a general class “D” felony or level 6 felony outright arrest. • Battery (I.C. § 35-42-2-1) •
    Criminal Confinement (I.C. § 35-42-3-3)
    Criminal Gang Activity (I.C. § 35-45-9-3) •
    Criminal Recklessness (I.C. § 35-42-2-2 – all sections) •
    Escape (I.C. § 35-44-3-5/I.C. §35-44.1-3-4) •
    Intimidation (I.C. § 35-45-2-1) •
    Pointing a Firearm (I.C. § 35-47-4-3) • (she did more than point. She allegedly pulled the trigger several times)
    Residential Entry (I.C. § 35-43-2-1.5) •
    Resisting Law Enforcement (I.C. § 35-44-3-3/ I.C. §35-44.1-3-1) •
    Stalking (I.C. § 35-45-10-5) •
    Strangulation (I.C. § 35-42-2-8/ I.C. §35-42-2-9)

Level 5 Felonies
    Level 5 felonies carry the potential of 1 to 6 years' imprisonment (advisory sentence of 3 years). Involuntary manslaughter, robbery (no injuries), and criminal recklessness (involving a weapon) are all Level 5 felonies.
    She was charged with 2 level 6 felonies:
    35-42-2-2(b)(1)(a) /F6: Criminal Recklessness committed with a deadly weapon (only level 5 is she shoots into an occupied dwelling or building where people are likely to gather)
    35-47-4-3(b) /F6: Pointing a Firearm at Another

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    35-42-2-2(b)(1)(a) /F6: Criminal Recklessness committed with a deadly weapon (only level 5 is she shoots into an occupied dwelling or building where people are likely to gather)
    Thanks for the facts. I'm always interested in the mechanics of the law and how the system works.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

Isn't a person in a vehicle (which was shot at) equivalent to an occupied dwelling?

Top Bottom