Indianapolis police officer of 22 years charged with growing, possessing marijuana

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis

Colts Ironman

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    I find it appalling when people get into trouble for something that shouldn't be illegal to begin with.
    Well, unfortunately it is here...for now and just like carrying without a permit is...for now. I bet that same officer wouldn't think twice about putting someone in cuffs because they were doing something illegal that shouldn't be.. Like carrying a gun because it's your right.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Slack's boyfriend was later charged with two counts of domestic battery and one count of criminal mischief in connection with the alleged assault. His charges were dismissed in early March, online court records show. He now faces the same marijuana possession charges as Slack.

So dude was apparently beating on her, she calls police, he rats her out for growing MJ as he's PO'd at her for calling cops. Domestic battery charges get canned but now they are both up on the drug charges. Kind of backfired on him a bit.

Colts Ironman

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    So dude was apparently beating on her, she calls police, he rats her out for growing MJ as he's PO'd at her for calling cops. Domestic battery charges get canned but now they are both up on the drug charges. Kind of backfired on him a bit.
    Yep but which would have been more severe?? Maybe he thought it out lol

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was wondering when this one would come along. A few thoughts:

22 years, a lot of time to chuck down the drain.

Should it be legal? That's another thread. It's a DEA Schedule I drug. Should it be? NO!! Is it? YES! Can I grow it in my home in Indiana? NO! Can a Police Officer? OH HELL NO!!

If I got busted with 18 plants would I go to jail? YES! Should Officer Slack (was her call-sign "Slacker"?? Just wonderin...) go to jail? Yes. Marion County, she'd be out quicker than I would over here west of Raceway Road.

Best Officer ever, or couldn't handle accident traffic in Amo? Doesn't matter. Not growing weed isn't that high (pun intended) of a standard. Don't grow weed. And it's not like this is third-handed hearsay, the POLICE found the weed, while they were there responding to a crime. And someone who lived there told them where it was.

Due process? Of course. I take it there aren't a lot of extenuating circumstances here (weed and shrooms? 1977 called, they said "Keep on truckin!!") Hey, Officer Chong might smoke all the evidence and she gets acquitted. I doubt it, but it could happen.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Hey, if Indy does it like we do out here in Danville.........she will be a Chief of Police somewhere soon. Or maybe we only do that with drunk driving cops in patrol cars ;)

BTW........If she hires a decent attorney........these charges will all get thrown out after diversion and a sweet ass plea agreement.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Wondering how much weed she confiscated over the years....
    Ok ...I'm gonna impound this and don't let me see you around here again Kid.
    Be happy I'm letting this one slide. :):

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    She had a nice side gig going and probably made more than being on the beat. When/if indiana ever gets it's head outta it's ass and legalizes it, she'll be ahead in the growing game and making just as much as the politicians who will steal the taxes from it.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    She caught misdemeanors. its gonna be legal eventually but its not she knew what she was doing. A cop like that prolly was an under the radar dirtbag for awhile.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Marijuana won't be legal until Holcomb is gone because his friends in the Indiana legislature own 60 percent of liquor stores in Indiana and they don't want the competition.
    Damn what the people want.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    BTW........If she hires a decent attorney........these charges will all get thrown out after diversion and a sweet ass plea agreement.
    If you end up being correct it will only be due to her sex and ethnicity. If it were a white male cop they'd be pushing for life in prison without parole. Anyone else in Marion County gets a stern talking to and let go.

Top Bottom