• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This will probably make the ATF reconsider that Pistol brace letter again.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    But, but, but if we could just get everyone to hold hands and talk about their feelings all of this will go away. Anger and sadness will disappear, the democrats can do it they just need an unlimited amount of funding and complete control over everything and the utopia will appear before us all like magic.
    While I think there will always be murder in society and people who cannot be helped, early intervention could prevent a lot of kids from going down the path of violence (if gang or drug-related). I'm obviously biased on this due to my profession, but really do think that early mental health interventions for at-risk kids can greatly increase the likelihood of a better outcome.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    On a per capita basis, Indy looks to be giving Chiraq a run for its money.

I wonder if the HeyJackass folks will do a site like this for Indy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    While I think there will always be murder in society and people who cannot be helped, early intervention could prevent a lot of kids from going down the path of violence (if gang or drug-related). I'm obviously biased on this due to my profession, but really do think that early mental health interventions for at-risk kids can greatly increase the likelihood of a better outcome.
    I don't disagree and I hate that many of these kids don't stand much of a chance at a good life. We have spent trillions of dollars trying to "help" but you cannot help those who will not help themselves. Just like the war on drugs, we keep dumping time and resources into these problems yet fail at nearly every turn and in many instances have made things worse. The culture of failure runs rampant throughout this country both in inner cities (predominantly black) and in rural areas (predominantly white) and in my experience there is very little difference between the two aside from who or what they choose to blame for their circumstances.

What frustrates me, having lived "both sides" if you will, is just how little effort it really takes to begin pulling one's self out of it. Dress as nicely as you can, not like your favorite musician or athlete. Speak normally, drop the constant slang, cursing and fabricated accents. Make a good decision, just one and see what happens. Then make another, and another, and another. I'm not saying it's easy necessarily as it requires a departure from everything they've been surrounded by their entire lives but it is certainly not impossible as millions of people have done it, myself included. Almost everything needed is free (attitude, respect, punctuality, effort, etc.).

Wealthy or middle class people gain nothing from the existence of people living at or below poverty and I have never seen anyone do anything to attempt to prevent someone who was legitimately trying from bettering themselves. The problem is it's far too easy to take the low road, blame everyone else and keep right on engaging in the behaviors that ensure they never change their socioeconomic status.

All that said, who knows what went wrong here. Even in the worst parts of the country this is too evil to blame on anyone but the perpetrator. Something isn't right about someone who could do this sort of thing. History has shown us that evil can rear its head anywhere.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't find a link on their site, but WTHR is running a story about some black minister(s) blaming rap music for this animal's actions. This article alludes to it.

"Sources also told 13News the teenage suspect may have used an assault-style rifle seen in music videos where he raps about emptying the clip to kill others."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Not to worry folks. The 10 Point will get that area turned around just like they did the west side.
    I work the west side. I have been on the scene of numerous murders on the west side. I have seen 10 Point exactly 3 times on the west side. None of those 3 times did they do a damn thing to help.

Top Bottom