• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I went yesterday, between the parking and the cost to get in, it makes it hard to feel like you are saving any money at all when buying something.

I skipped 4 in a row.

But when I didn't, I treated it like entertainment. Back then $17 for couple hours still cheaper and healthier than going to a movie, sit my butt down eating popcorn drinking soda.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Went to the fairgrounds this morning (primarily out of boredom) for the swap meet. Event parking NOW $10. I believe I've attended my last event down there. Man we used to LOVE going to the hockey games, train shows, home shows, etc but it doesn't seem like there's a lot that you can do there for less than a U.S. Grant for two people! :oldwise:

Last edited:

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    They have no problem raising rates, but haven't done anything to improve the parking areas. Looks like I'll be skipping the 1500 at least until there are more dealers there and prices start getting back to where they should be.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They have no problem raising rates, but haven't done anything to improve the parking areas. Looks like I'll be skipping the 1500 at least until there are more dealers there and prices start getting back to where they should be.
    This was apparent at the swap meet as well. The room was a dismal 1/3 the number of vendors that it has been and even then it was pretty poor.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    I drove 90 minutes each way to attend the last 2 and was disappointed both times so I won't be going back until I start hearing it's closer to what the 1500 used to be.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Normally I have the gf drip me off at the street outside and have her pick me up. We live pretty close so it's an easy in and out.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to the fairgrounds this morning (primarily out of boredom) for the swap meet. Event parking NOW $10. I believe I've attended my last event down there. Man we used to LOVE going to the hockey games, train shows, home shows, etc but it doesn't seem like there's a lot that you can do there for less than a U.S. Grant for two people! :oldwise:
    Combined cost of parking and gunshow entry is now $22.00????

Top Bottom