• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Just saw in the morning Star that the Fair Commission has raised the price for parking from $5.00 to $8.00 effective 1 Jan. Sorry if this is a dupe. I used the search to look for like posts.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, I was there last night for the hockey game. A 60% increase overnight is pretty steep, but what can you do?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    park off site and walk

I always think about doing this, but then I never do it. If I buy a long gun, I want to take it out to the car rather than carry it around all day.

Of course, I've yet to actually buy a long gun at the 1500 despite attending probably 20 times now. But I'm kind of looking for one this time!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Is vehicle security guaranteed? Used to be an issue with car break in theft on the fairground lots.
    No absolutely not, whether in the event lots or adjacent streets. Best bet is to park close to entrance where they are letting you in/taking money.
    All usual precautions apply. Don’t leave valuables in plain site...
    $8 is still cheap compared to other venues/states and gas prices are below $2/gal.
    Bottom line is go, park sensibly, enjoy the show. Maybe you will find that deal or meet your long lost sibling you never knew you had!
    Pro tip: Don’t bath or clean your teeth. Eat beans &/or Whitecastle the day before attending.
    See you there :rockwoot:

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I like the school bus idea!

parking outside and hiking in would be an extremely poor idea in this neighborhood. For those that don’t know the neighborhood, don’t even think about it.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’m heading to motorcycle expo Sunday and not happy about the rising price for parking, hopefully the marked car I’m going in negates the charge, I seriously doubt it though. But a bus is a spectacular idea.!!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Would they charge an Uber for dropping off someone at the door?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    There are a lot of other venues available now that were not available years ago when the 1500 started. I guess they are not going to think about another location until attendance falls.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Remember, the IAC changed a bit ago, and it is now against "code" to carry a firearm AT ALL on State fairgrounds property, unless said firearm is for sale/trade.

While the Fair Board still wants the revenue from the gun shows, they have made it clear that LTCH holders are not welcome at other events.

Yeah, yeah, "concealed means concealed".

Top Bottom