• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So called republicans in Indiana are a sad bunch. Eric Holcomb and Todd Young are NOT constitutionalists- neither the U.S constitution nor the Indiana constitution. They both need to go! Mike Braun is still not proven to me. Remember he introduced a bill in the senate trying remove liability protection for police officers doing their jobs. He later retracted it but he was obviously tone deaf. This was during the time of all the politicians calling for defunding the police.
    They are all politicians. Braun is better than Young, and so I would support him at this point. I would like to hear more about Bobs political platform, but on principle, fresh blood in congress is a good thing, especially if they choose to not be beholden to corporate interests and lobbyists.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    You say that, but do you really mean it?

I mean, if they dragged every skeleton out of my closet, lined up dozens of people to tell you what a bad person I am, with or without proof, showed you all of my criminal records, even the ones that are sealed, and I said "I will not vote for gun control in any form, no matter what bill it is attached to. The only gun law we need is the Second Amendment", would you vote for me?
    There aren't enough people like that in charge. There will never be.
    I believe the best way to cause useful change is to start believing that there are more good people in the world than there are, and excitedly sharing why you are right with everyone, and some would choose to go along with someone who is energetic optimistic. Realistically, all I need to help make Young sweat is if we can get 10% opposition in a primary where he is the only one on the ballot. if we can get our avatar in, I would be over the moon, but why not shoot for that? As long as Bob (or whoever actually goes) is ok with weathering the storm, the only way they know he is causing trouble is if we are successful in challenging the establishment loudly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've always figured that when legislators go to dc and are exposed to the massive amount of lobby money that flows through there, it changes them. How much probably depends on the individual, but I would say it affects everybody to some degree.
    I have often wondered how that would effect me or anyone else for that matter.
    As you have always said and I completely agree….”Follow” the money.

I can think of no other single statement that so well covers the problems in our Government. Or big business. Or about anything else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not picking on you Ashton, I'm commenting on the sentiment I've seen on a few other boards, and from people I know. They are all pro-Second Amendment, until I ask, If there was a bill that would repeal GCA 1968, no more FFLS or 4473s, but would allow abortions up to the 7th month of pregnancy, would you support it?

Suddenly, people lose their resolve (if not their minds).

I would vote to pass such a bill. Regardless of if I was a representative or senator, and I would sign it into law if I was president.
    I see what you are doing as to freedoms/ liberty’s. I see much the same in people.
    No 2 are going to see eye to eye in this.
    But I would ask the the abortion topic be avoided because it is one of the most volatile topics we discuss on this board.
    People loose their minds over it. Makes it very rough on us (staff).
    Thanks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ok, here’s my resume so to speak:
    I’m a college dropout who’s worked 40+ hours since I was 18. I do not believe the government should be involved in the day to day decisions of Americans. I’ve been married 20 years with no kids, by choice.
    There is no such thing as “safe” and trying to gain control and power by creating the idea of “safety” is criminal.
    Abortion is not the governments business. Same with vaccine mandates. It’s not something the wife and I would have chosen but that is our choice and not someone else’s.
    I’m not religious but do believe there is likely somethjng beyond. Religion does not drive my motives, morals do.
    We are financially stable, paid off our mortgage before I was 46 and haven’t had a car payment in over 10 years. Bailing out people that cannot manage their money is also not part of the government’s job.

My campaign motto and life philosophy is : Don’t be a dick. But if you are going to be a dick to me, the gloves come off.

I wish we had more elected officials that could abs have read the constitution and understand that it’s meant to limit govt control.

So give me all them votes! :cheers:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I can think of no other single statement that so well covers the problems in our Government. Or big business. Or about anything else.
    Money doesn’t change who people are. It does amplify their traits. I am confident that I’d still be the moderate ******* I’ve always been and stuck to my beliefs.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I believe the best way to cause useful change is to start believing that there are more good people in the world than there are, and excitedly sharing why you are right with everyone, and some would choose to go along with someone who is energetic optimistic. Realistically, all I need to help make Young sweat is if we can get 10% opposition in a primary where he is the only one on the ballot. if we can get our avatar in, I would be over the moon, but why not shoot for that? As long as Bob (or whoever actually goes) is ok with weathering the storm, the only way they know he is causing trouble is if we are successful in challenging the establishment loudly.
    As long as it doesn’t impact my racing this year

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I hope that everyone here wants freedom from the chains of government gun laws in the name of liberty, but I'm also wondering about how much liberty they're willing to give others.

Exactly. Many claim to be "liberty loving" but only to the extent that others engage in activity they approve of.

If you want liberty for yourself are you willing grant liberty to others who wish to smoke pot? How about the freedom for a consenting adult to earn a living through sex work?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

My sons and I talked about this, I said imagine you have an open, free tab on every bar and restaurant in Indy. People are lined up outside your door with prime tickets to every sporting event in town. Everybody tells you how great you are all the time and if you commit some legal transgressions along the way, friendly authority takes care of them. How could it not change someone unless they had lived that way from the beginning.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Money doesn’t change who people are. It does amplify their traits. I am confident that I’d still be the moderate ******* I’ve always been and stuck to my beliefs.
    Money and power can and is a drug for many. Just like coke and other life altering drugs.
    It is all consuming.
    I have often wondered when enough is enough. Owning multiple mansions and staffing them. Buying an island. All seem pretty cool to some but others not so much. Like you I would like to think my basic self would remain intact if I was in the swamp on the hill but the life there would alter the strongest of us to a point I am afraid.
    Now to me owning way to many ultra cool cars might be kind of nice. :)

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I'm not picking on you Ashton, I'm commenting on the sentiment I've seen on a few other boards, and from people I know. They are all pro-Second Amendment, until I ask, If there was a bill that would repeal GCA 1968, no more FFLS or 4473s, but would allow abortions up to the 7th month of pregnancy, would you support it?

Suddenly, people lose their resolve (if not their minds).

I would vote to pass such a bill. Regardless of if I was a representative or senator, and I would sign it into law if I was president.
    If you did all that, you'd be no better than anyone else. You represent the people, not your opinion. So, at times you will have to vote against yourself; can you do that?

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Ok, here’s my resume so to speak:
    I’m a college dropout who’s worked 40+ hours since I was 18. I do not believe the government should be involved in the day to day decisions of Americans. I’ve been married 20 years with no kids, by choice.
    There is no such thing as “safe” and trying to gain control and power by creating the idea of “safety” is criminal.
    Abortion is not the governments business. Same with vaccine mandates. It’s not something the wife and I would have chosen but that is our choice and not someone else’s.
    I’m not religious but do believe there is likely somethjng beyond. Religion does not drive my motives, morals do.
    We are financially stable, paid off our mortgage before I was 46 and haven’t had a car payment in over 10 years. Bailing out people that cannot manage their money is also not part of the government’s job.

My campaign motto and life philosophy is : Don’t be a dick. But if you are going to be a dick to me, the gloves come off.

I wish we had more elected officials that could abs have read the constitution and understand that it’s meant to limit govt control.

So give me all them votes! :cheers:
    Getting Warmer.......!!!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Could any of us survive the microscope the MSM would use on us.
    Any one of us.
    I surely would not.

I could. My wife and children, not so much.

Duty to family, and the desire to avoid bringing them pain, has probably been the biggest regulator in my life.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Could any of us survive the microscope the MSM would use on us.
    Any one of us.
    I surely would not.
    I think the biggest problem is that even minor transgressions to the 'norm' are magnified by the MSM and political opponents to make it seem like one has committed crimes against humanity. Even more so when you are not a part of the establishment. A person gets a ticket when they were 18 for underage drinking, now they are a substance abuser who cannot control themselves. We all, for the most part, do stupid stuff when we are young but showing growth is a good trait IMHO.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Money and power can and is a drug for many. Just like coke and other life altering drugs.
    It is all consuming.
    I have often wondered when enough is enough. Owning multiple mansions and staffing them. Buying an island. All seem pretty cool to some but others not so much. Like you I would like to think my basic self would remain intact if I was in the swamp on the hill but the life there would alter the strongest of us to a point I am afraid.
    Now to me owning way to many ultra cool cars might be kind of nice. :)
    I’d have the coolest 1911’s ever made.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think the biggest problem is that even minor transgressions to the 'norm' are magnified by the MSM and political opponents to make it seem like one has committed crimes against humanity. Even more so when you are not a part of the establishment. A person gets a ticket when they were 18 for underage drinking, now they are a substance abuser who cannot control themselves. We all, for the most part, do stupid stuff when we are young but showing growth is a good trait IMHO.
    Well luckily your new candidate has never been arrested or even gotten a speeding ticket. I do watch the pRon on the intertubes. There, my secret is out.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Without having kids, Bob is more resilient than most others who might step up the the plate.
    Truth doesn't matter if MSM chooses to come after you. They can make up a story or inflate you kicking a leaf into a truly horrific tale. resilience and pigheadedness are virtues for any politician who wants to support those who vote for them, rather than those who line their pockets and give them all the press.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom