Indiana Police Agencies Recruit Chicago Cops At Risk Of Losing Jobs Over Mandate

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Indianapolis, IN – Law enforcement leaders and government officials in Indiana are enthusiastically recruiting Chicago police officers who have left the department or are facing termination for refusing to comply with Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s vaccine mandate.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I started hearing this about NW Indiana cities and counties courting CPD officers and wondered how many of them already may live in NW IN anyways so yeah why not take a job closer to home. NYPD has been tackling that issue for years as many of their own can't afford to live in NYC proper so end up living in NJ and commuting. Now with the big city anti-police sentiment and now overreaching vaccine mandates, NYPD is seeing double digit declines in their ranks. No doubt Chicago will see the same thing but that ghoul of a mayor won't be sane enough to comprehend the cause and effect of her decisions. The surrounding communities and ILEAS has already said they won't send their officers to supplement CPD for a shortage that's entirely manufactured and available.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I talked to a Westfield PD officer the other night who had a CPD guy in his car for a ride-along to explore potential employment. His (CPD) opinion was that out of the 3.5k or so currently facing disciplinary measures, about 800-1200 will actually pull up stakes and walk. He has 9 years on and seemed anxious to leave. Nice guy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's going to be interesting to see how all of this shakes out over time. Big woke cities may eventually demand federal troops to keep the machines in power and the cities from degenerating into something like Escape from New York. Paid for with machine votes.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I started hearing this about NW Indiana cities and counties courting CPD officers and wondered how many of them already may live in NW IN anyways so yeah why not take a job closer to home. NYPD has been tackling that issue for years as many of their own can't afford to live in NYC proper so end up living in NJ and commuting. Now with the big city anti-police sentiment and now overreaching vaccine mandates, NYPD is seeing double digit declines in their ranks. No doubt Chicago will see the same thing but that ghoul of a mayor won't be sane enough to comprehend the cause and effect of her decisions. The surrounding communities and ILEAS has already said they won't send their officers to supplement CPD for a shortage that's entirely manufactured and available.
    I don't imagine all that many. Last I was aware, you had to live in the city to maintain city employee status. My old neighborhood was chock-full of cops and firemen.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't imagine all that many. Last I was aware, you had to live in the city to maintain city employee status. My old neighborhood was chock-full of cops and firemen.
    There are ways around those rules. My mom was a teacher there and lived in Valpo for years.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    There are ways around those rules. My mom was a teacher there and lived in Valpo for years.
    there are ways around any rules. and as ex chicagoan, i was well versed in the local version. regardless, an anecdote doesn’t disprove the standard.

but with the precipitous position lightfoot is fostering in city policing, i’d be surprised if they didn’t start throwing out the majority of employment restrictions especially for the CPD.

Top Bottom