Indiana Michigan Power Customers Told to Cut Electricity Usage, Face Rolling Black Outs During Sub-Zero Freeze…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get it, some people will turn back the thermostat but likely most won't and then the ones that did have less residual heat to work with when the rolling blackouts start. Where is the motivation to live in an ice box?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't get it, some people will turn back the thermostat but likely most won't and then the ones that did have less residual heat to work with when the rolling blackouts start. Where is the motivation to live in an ice box?
    We must stop this using logic and intelligence to understand the issue and solve problems, not everyone Dan do that and it just is not fair to them…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We are all supposed to suffer for the greater good.

It’s not fair that those of us who have worked for everything we have, actually HAVE things, and the worthless takers and their children don’t.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Out of spite I just pulled the "off" pin on my outdoor Christmas light timer. They stay on all night. Harrrumph!

Just kidding. I ALWAYS let them run from sunset Christmas eve until sun up 12/26. :): And they are LED now so just a few watts. Its not like I'm still running a heavily loaded 15a dedicated circuit anymore LOL.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    They are not MISO, they are PJM.

“PJM Interconnection requested the reduction in energy usage to curb increased regional demand on the grid due to cold the extremely cold weather.”

“(PJM) is a regional transmission organization (RTO) and part of the Eastern Interconnection grid operating an electric transmission system serving all or parts of Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.”

I haven't checked but power clearing prices for LNG were predicted to clear at up to $1,000 per MWh. The maximum price for MISO is $3,500 per MWh. Two pipeline interruptions in Indiana contributed to the price increase. Reduction in production facilities and distribution have also contributed.

No worries. Renewables will take up the slack. As soon as the weather moderates we'll all be able to turn our thermostats up to 75.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I&M didn't operate it but on a regional basis shutting down the Palisades Nuclear plant near Covert/ South Haven this year probably hasn't helped. But it sure helped their esg score I would guess.

Top Bottom