Indy
    lincoln.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Harlan Sanders of KFC fame is from Henryville, Indiana.

Evansville IHC was chosen to make M1 Garands during the Korean conflict because the Springfield Armory and H&R Arms are close enough to each other to be taken out by a single nuclear device.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Oh, did I mention that Dillinger robbed Peru’s police station and took their guns?
    That sounds familiar to me but i dont think i could of told you where it happened. In downtown Goshen they have turrets setup across the street from the bank in preparation for being robbed by dillinger. Pretty cool to see these historical places.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Forrest Tucker was from Pendleton, Indiana.
    I know of nothing that states Forrest Tucker ever being in Pendleton, IN

Being that I was born, raised and graduated from Mooresville High School and Plainfield being a mere 7 miles away, my mother took us to events in the area.
    One of those events was the annual Plainfield Days Festival regularly attended by Forrest Tucker, who was born in Plainfield.
    Because of this, growing up F-Troop was one of my favorite shows when I was younger.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I know of nothing that states Forrest Tucker ever being in Pendleton, IN

Being that I was born, raised and graduated from Mooresville High School and Plainfield being a mere 7 miles away, my mother took us to events in the area.
    One of those events was the annual Plainfield Days Festival regularly attended by Forrest Tucker, who was born in Plainfield.
    Because of this, growing up F-Troop was one of my favorite shows when I was younger.
    Growing up in Plainfield this is how I remember it as well. Ditto on the F-troop.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Jane Pauley, David Letterman, John Voight, are all Hoosiers. Meryl Streep is a semi regular at Stone Creek Dining, and the Coachman in Plainfield(Her husband is from here or something like that).

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    That list has many errors.

You CAN ship wine to Indiana.
    Crown Hill is the 6th largest cemetery in the US
    Claude Akins was born in Georgia but did live in Bedford for a bit
    Mae West was born, and lived in Brooklyn NY
    Toni Tennille was born and raised in Alabama
    Crinoids are found all over the world, and in a lot of counties in Southern Indiana

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The city of Gary, Indiana , was built on fill brought from the bottom of Lake Michigan through suction pipes. (that explains a lot)
    Lol. I remember when they tore up 5th avenue in Gary like 8 or 9 years ago for road improvements and the road had apparently originally been built by laying down a ****load of railroad ties and paved over.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You CAN ship wine to Indiana.

Well, technically yes, and no.

You can direct ship wine to a consumer only if that wine is not sold by a distributor in the state.

So if a wine is not sold by any distributor in the state, there may be a direct sale, but if that wine is sold by a small distributor no matter how small a area that may it be, it may not be sold anywhere in the state because techinally they have the distribution rights, and since Indiana operates on the 3 tier system, that would be a violation of the law.

I sorta know a little bit of this, after all I delivered beer/wine all over Indiana from 1985 to 2013. It used to be that no wine could be direct sold to the consumer in Indiana, period.

There may have been some tweaks and mild changes since I got out in 2013. But I have tried to stay up on things to a extent. I still ahve tons of friends in the business.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, technically yes, and no.

You can direct ship wine to a consumer only if that wine is not sold by a distributor in the state.

So if a wine is not sold by any distributor in the state, there may be a direct sale, but if that wine is sold by a small distributor no matter how small a area that may it be, it may not be sold anywhere in the state because techinally they have the distribution rights, and since Indiana operates on the 3 tier system, that would be a violation of the law.

I sorta know a little bit of this, after all I delivered beer/wine all over Indiana from 1985 to 2013. It used to be that no wine could be direct sold to the consumer in Indiana, period.

There may have been some tweaks and mild changes since I got out in 2013. But I have tried to stay up on things to a extent. I still ahve tons of friends in the business.
    It used to also be that in order to ship wine into the state, the recipient must have made an in person visit to the winery at some point. At least that was how it was explained to me in Napa?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It used to also be that in order to ship wine into the state, the recipient must have made an in person visit to the winery at some point. At least that was how it was explained to me in Napa?
    I know it's not the same thing but I've been seeing ads for an app called "Drizly" where you can order beer, wine or liquor delivered to your house within an hour. I assume they have some mechanism for verifying age requirements, but it still seems weird. Although I remember an old room mate back in the early 80's that was a cab driver and he used to get requests to go to a liquor store and bring his customer's order to them. I guess it was the early version of "Door Dash" or other delivery services today. Not sure it it was legal back then though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know it's not the same thing but I've been seeing ads for an app called "Drizly" where you can order beer, wine or liquor delivered to your house within an hour. I assume they have some mechanism for verifying age requirements, but it still seems weird. Although I remember an old room mate back in the early 80's that was a cab driver and he used to get requests to go to a liquor store and bring his customer's order to them. I guess it was the early version of "Door Dash" or other delivery services today. Not sure it it was legal back then though.
    I’ve used Drizzly several times to keep from getting a DUI when we ran out of goods. Pretty expensive, but cheap compared to a DUI.

Top Bottom