Avon

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Simply and plainly written. I learned a couple of things.

I was very pleased that there was a specific mention of Pinner. Much of that document should have been what the local media should have provided. Instead they spouted the regimes favorite lies and undoubtedly have set up some citizens for a bad time.

winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    Nice! Answers, definitively, one of my questions.

Q: Is a license to carry a handgun required in Indiana?
    A: No, a permit or license is not required to possess or carry a handgun, shotgun, or rifle in Indiana after July 1, 2022. Handguns, shotguns, and rifles are allowed in the vehicles of all persons 18 years of age and older who have not been deemed an “improper person” by the state. An improper person could be someone with a felony conviction, domestic violence offense, or has a dangerous mental illness, among other disqualifying reasons.
    In short, any proper person, as defined in Ind. Code § 35-47-1-7, may legally carry a handgun, concealed or openly, or have a handgun in their vehicle without a license. Ind. Code 35-47-2-1.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another Q: I travel from Ill. To Indy area often. Am I covered by the Cons. Carry? Do I need to present my Ill. CCL if stopped?
    Welcome to INGO, and that is an excellent question! Indiana ConC applies to all who are lawful to carry. Indiana was never a "required to show LTCH" State.

Please click the link below and introduce yourself, good bunch around here.

Edit: Indiana Code link below. A lot of folks worked really hard to get those words in Indiana Code and other words deleted.

IC 35-47-2-3License requirement; application; procedure

Sec. 3. (a) A person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age and is not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun under state or federal law is not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana. A resident of this state who wishes to carry a firearm in another state under a reciprocity

Last edited:

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile. In the Gun Owners Bill of Rights brochure under Are there restrictions on where I can carry a firearm?, the Attorney General's answer is:

"Indiana law prohibits the carrying of a firearm in (long list of places), the State Fairgrounds (unless the gun is for sale or trade at a fairgrounds event)."

My understanding is the only time firearms are prohibited on the fairgrounds is during the State Fair. Has something changed I am not aware of?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile. In the Gun Owners Bill of Rights brochure under Are there restrictions on where I can carry a firearm?, the Attorney General's answer is:

"Indiana law prohibits the carrying of a firearm in (long list of places), the State Fairgrounds (unless the gun is for sale or trade at a fairgrounds event)."

My understanding is the only time firearms are prohibited on the fairgrounds is during the State Fair. Has something changed I am not aware of?
    Yes, the regulation was changed a couple years ago to state that weapons (including firearms) are prohibited on the Fairgrounds at all times unless you "can demonstrate that the weapon is for sale or trade at an event" occurring on the Fairgrounds. Whether it's being enforced that way is another issue - but the regulation was amended.

Guy

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Are there signs at the Fairgrounds prohibiting guns?
    State fairgrounds is only during the state fair - it is not posted that I have seen (was just there for the boat show and carried just fine). County fairgrounds - I've been to many different county fairs and have carried at every one, I do not recall seeing any posted...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    AG Rokita is wonderful. And I LOVED this: "...and even an overreaching government." I.E., We the People have the right to defend ourselves from EVERYONE, even and especially an overbearing government. THAT is the essence of the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom