• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not a gun show, but a very interesting show nonetheless. I can't believe it's been three years since the last one (or that 2019 was three years ago.)

At the State Fairgrounds in the Expo Hall (far west side of the fairgrounds on 38th Street.)

I worked the NRA Booth at the 2019 show. It is NOT like working a 1500 for many reasons.

Compare:
    Both events take place at the Indiana State Fairgrounds

Contrast:
    We'll sign up 40-75 members A DAY at the DTWE. That's like... work. The 1500? Not so much.

DTWE smells nice. Lots of specialized feed. The 1500?? Not so much.

At the DTWE concealed means concealed. The 1500?? Not so much.

You can enjoy an adult beverage at the DTWE. The 1500?? Not so much.

You hear so many duck and turkey calls at the DTWE that if you don't have an ignore feature you will go insane. The 1500?? Not so much.

At the 1500 you can spot SPAM Can Mom, the extras for The Walking Dead, and 1911 lanyard-carry dude. At the DTWE? Not so much.

I'll be working the NRA/NRA-ILA Booth at least Friday, possibly Thursday and Friday. Stop by and holler if you are there. Always good to meet INGOers in the wild.

Show Hours​

Feb. 24 – 27, 2022
    Thurs. 24 12p – 7p
    Fri. 25 12p – 8p
    Sat. 26 10a – 8p
    Sun. 27 10a – 5p

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Not a gun show, but a very interesting show nonetheless. I can't believe it's been three years since the last one (or that 2019 was three years ago.)

At the State Fairgrounds in the Expo Hall (far west side of the fairgrounds on 38th Street.)

I worked the NRA Booth at the 2019 show. It is NOT like working a 1500 for many reasons.

Compare:
    Both events take place at the Indiana State Fairgrounds

Contrast:
    We'll sign up 40-75 members A DAY at the DTWE. That's like... work. The 1500? Not so much.

DTWE smells nice. Lots of specialized feed. The 1500?? Not so much.

At the DTWE concealed means concealed. The 1500?? Not so much.

You can enjoy an adult beverage at the DTWE. The 1500?? Not so much.

You hear so many duck and turkey calls at the DTWE that if you don't have an ignore feature you will go insane. The 1500?? Not so much.

At the 1500 you can spot SPAM Can Mom, the extras for The Walking Dead, and 1911 lanyard-carry dude. At the DTWE? Not so much.

I'll be working the NRA/NRA-ILA Booth at least Friday, possibly Thursday and Friday. Stop by and holler if you are there. Always good to meet INGOers in the wild.

Show Hours​

Feb. 24 – 27, 2022
    Thurs. 24 12p – 7p
    Fri. 25 12p – 8p
    Sat. 26 10a – 8p
    Sun. 27 10a – 5p

I can’t wait!! I’ll be there Saturday

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's gonna be a long day. I'll be there today and tomorrow, give me a holler if you are in the area. David Conte (AKA my NRA-ILA POC) will be in the booth this weekend.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Dustin Huff and his record whitetail will be in the Base Camp Country Real Estate booth this Saturday and Sunday at the Indiana Deer and Turkey Expo. Stop by booth #502 &#503 February 26 & 27 to see his 211 4/8" buck taken in Decatur County, Indiana. 274570306_1328475124291913_6528775037567511585_n.jpg

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'll be there tomorrow.. This is a great event and so much fun to attended.. At one point I will sit back and enjoy sipping on a over price bourbon lol to relax my chronic pain issues at the quite sports area and tackle town after the Deer, Turkey, and Water fowl Expo.. Kelly, I will try and find the booth you will be at and say hi.. :patriot:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be there tomorrow.. This is a great event and so much fun to attended.. At one point I will sit back and enjoy sipping on a over price bourbon lol to relax my chronic pain issues at the quite sports area and tackle town after the Deer, Turkey, and Water fowl Expo.. Kelly, I will try and find the booth you will be at and say hi.. :patriot:
    Excellent! We are straight up aisle 400 from the main entrance.

If you tune out the turkey and duck calls, you probably won’t go insane

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the DTWF E. THE BIG STORY: duck and turkey calls, lots of them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    BOLLOROLLO!! It was good seeing you again, much less hostile here than we are and we ran into each other Wednesday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    7D582509-F3E1-49CD-98DE-FF195D9B46DE.jpeg
    John and Tammy from the next booth. They are from Manitoba Canada and schedule Bear hunts up there.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    BOLLOROLLO!! It was good seeing you again, much less hostile here than we are and we ran into each other Wednesday.
    This event is always a great time. Plus it's always a great pleasure to see you again Kelly.. The only thing I missed this year at the show was taking home some fudge.. Heading to Texas this fall to do some helicopter hog shooting so I'm tightening up my budget at this time do to this damn inflation..

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I didn't see this post yesterday when I posted in the Outdoor section. I was there today in the Indiana Hunter Education Association booth. It was very nice compared to the years I was there on Sat and Sun. I had a lot of fun helping youngsters on the deer hunting simulator. It was also nice to be able to walk around and visit other booths. Got to see Shawn from Altera Alpaca socks. I met him at the ATA show in Jan and bought some socks. Also chatted with Tony from Koteewi Archery shop. The only thing I bought this show was some honey for my Honey!

Top Bottom