• rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Protests of some kind happening in NYC right now

edit: BLM apparently

edit#2: sounds like insurrection and terrorism people shouting to the police “move back b******”

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Inauguration bare minimum requirements?

It seems like only two people need to show up, the President elect and the Chief Justice. Take the oath at noon and Boom! we have a new President. The whole thing could be done in a Men’s restroom in one of the many secure buildings in DC. Say the Oath while washing your hands for 20 seconds instead of singing Happy Birthday to stop the COVID. Broadcast a video if all his “enthusiastic” voters want to watch.

So why is the expense and drama of an empty National Mall in DC and no citizens allowed in attendance necessary? If there is real fear as indicated by this huge security charade just move the ceremony inside and meet the bare minimum requirements of the Constitution and be done with it.

Of course it’s only money and it’s not even theirs. I was going to say it’s the taxpayer’s money but mostly now we’re just using Monopoly money coming off the printing press as fast as they can get the ink to dry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many votes did he get? Wait, I’ll answer that for you: “enough to win.”
    Turns out, the only way to get the Lefty basement dwelling incels to vote is to mail them a ballot and have their moms slide it under the basement door. I doubt they’ll be attending.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the "fear" isn't just political hyperbole used as a marginalizing tactic, I mean if it's real. Maybe Democrats should just go home and hide in their basements. :dunno:

But I suspect that they're just full of the usual ****. It's just a marginalizing tactic. Even the craziest Trumper lawmaker is not gonna shoot someone in the Capitol Building.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If the "fear" isn't just political hyperbole used as a marginalizing tactic, I mean if it's real. Maybe Democrats should just go home and hide in their basements. :dunno:

But I suspect that they're just full of the usual ****. It's just a marginalizing tactic. Even the craziest Trumper lawmaker is not gonna shoot someone in the Capitol Building.
    Tomorrow the truth shall be revealed. I am very concerned why there are soldiers in every state capital and 35k in Washington DC. This could be the start of a nation wide martial law. Or it's just overreacting to false intelligence.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I saw some chatter this morning that less than 10% of NG troops passed the vetting process.

EDIT#2 tweet has been removed from a media source so either bad source or Twitter memory holed it. You decide

also saw a statement by a general for the NG saying he was visiting the 65,000 troops in capital. Don’t have links at the moment

edit1 link to 65k comment, appears he may mean mobilized nationwide. However that number is still very much larger than anything we have heard so far.

Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I saw some chatter this morning that less than 10% of NG troops passed the vetting process.

also saw a statement by a general for the NG saying he was visiting the 65,000 troops in capital. Don’t have links at the moment
    I don't want to single you out here @rooster cause heck, I've posted similar stuff myself, but right now posting scary numbers etc does nothing but fan the flames of freakout. There's a full bore media push for everyone to be terrified, and full bore security theater happening in DC. We don't need to feed the algorithms.

If you've got good, well sourced info, post away, but 10% and 65k without backup is, IMHO, fear mongering.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't want to single you out here @rooster cause heck, I've posted similar stuff myself, but right now posting scary numbers etc does nothing but fan the flames of freakout. There's a full bore media push for everyone to be terrified, and full bore security theater happening in DC. We don't need to feed the algorithms.

If you've got good, well sourced info, post away, but 10% and 65k without backup is, IMHO, fear mongering.
    I’ve backed everything else with links and just got back to a point that I will submit my sources. I’m citing everything I’m posting

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I did notice a subtle shift in the media reporting of the NG vetting. Initially the media was reporting that the vetting was looking for deployed NG members that may have nefarious intentions. This morning the media was reporting that the NG was being vetted for naughty people that may have infiltrated the NG. Maybe the those writing the script figured out insulting the NG troops protecting the elite ones was not a good idea so lets make everyone look at infiltrators instead.

Top Bottom