• ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    What kind of transmitter are you using?

Ones I have tried never have much volume.
    I can’t say this is the exact model but I remember it being around 17 bucks and this is the general style. I have one in my work van and one I move around between my F150 and my old Wrangler. I bought a $50 radio for my Cherokee and while it’s not great, it has blue tooth built in. I also have one in our camper because it has an am/fm radio with a CD player and speakers inside and outside of the camper, so it’s cool to be able to listen to good music when we’re using it.

Amazon product ASIN B09K57SRKJ

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep. I agree. Satellite radio.

How much is the current monthly satellite radio subscription cost?

I was an early adopter with XM radio. Bought a couple big bundles that gave me the service for around $8 a month. When Sirius took over, the monthly cost climbed and without any local news coverage the service was too expensive for me to justify.

After getting off of the years of monthly payments to listen to radio, I developed an understanding that radio broadcasting does not come for free. You pay for content directly or by having to listen to adds.

It's the same model as TV. Watch over the air TV and it's full of commercials. With cable, your monthly bill pays the piper vs commercial content.

Last edited:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    So looking @ urban 1 website under radio 1:
    Our presence is felt. From lyrical Hip Hop and rhythmic R&B to soul-stirring Gospel, provocative Talk/News and even Sports, Radio One is where urban listeners turn for entertainment, inspiration and information. Our listeners trust us. We’ve proven to be a community partner; always providing a mic to amplify the voice of Black America. Our communities know our over 150 on-air talents not just as voices, but faces they see in the community engaging in the issues that impact Urban America.

We keep it real. From celebrity news and the hottest music, to politics and protest. We take our job seriously from the radio dial to digital/social. And from the car to a mobile device. We keep our audience covered 24/7.

It’s been over 35 years. We aren’t going anywhere. Black culture is here to stay – and so are we.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I was an early adopter with XM radio. Bought a couple big bundles that gave me the service for around $8 a month. When Sirius took over, the monthly cost climbed and without any local news coverage the service was too expensive for me to justify.

After getting off of the years of monthly payments to listen to radio, I developed an understanding that radio broadcasting does not come for free. You pay for content directly or by having to listen to adds.

It's the same model as TV. Watch over the air TV and it's full of commercials. With cable, your monthly bill pays the piper vs commercial content.

I'm not sure of the cost. My company has the service in the semis for us. When I used to pay for it myself, it was about $13 or so a month. I think I paid a lump sum for the whole 12 months and it was cheaper.

I just checked and a basic, mostly music is $13 a month and that includes their online streaming. The top of the line is $23.

You can get just a streaming subscription for $6 to $11.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    $12.99-$22.99 I used to call them every six months to cancel and get them to offer it for about $5.99 per month, then I had Pandora for $4.99 a month. With a little work and $14.99 I have Apple Music for two users that has almost every song I have ever wanted. I have built (this is the work) near 40 different playlists and have 2000 songs on my phone.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been streaming wibc to my cars using the Tunein Radio app for years now. I drive too much to maintain good radio reception to the stations I like.

I used to use the Nextradio app but my newer cell phones are blocking access to the fm radio tuner inside the phone.

My cars have aux jacks but a Bluetooth adapter works just as well.

I hope we don't loose our local talent in this buyout but someone always seems to get dropped off the air with these deals.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

I'm up to $93 for the year, all taxes and fees included. I have a calendar reminder set for before it expires...I call and ask they give me the same retention deal as last year or I'm gone. It went up $1/mo this year but we still have a subscription for both vehicles.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sad, because Eric was a solid differentiator in the market. Nobody had a finger on the pulse of the statehouse like he did.
    And its sad that they were cut before the FCC even approved the sale. Seems a bit of a "cart before the horse" thing.
    Hopefully if it tanks he is rehired.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Might be a smart business time to get out? Indy has went to :poop:, especially under the current administration. No signs of this improving with the next administrations either?

Top Bottom