• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have yet to use this Fix It Sticks BCG Scraper. IIRC, it was inexpensive (relative to the cost of the kit.)

I'm gonna be more careful than I might have prior to watching the video above...

20230312_224600.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    How do you do yours better than Chad?

Me, im Dad, I deligate.
    I have my personal slaves clean my M16/AR platform rifles.
    The USMC taught them well. Bore cleaner, bore brushes, a plastic tooth brush And long Q Tips.
    The USMC has been doing it a few decades longer and better than Chad.

Let's not forget I'm a Maryland boy.
    Did I mention I know Chad and his background?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    People are so snippy around here. Take comments that counter your own with a grain of salt and move on…sheesh.

It’s the internet.
    giphy.gif

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There are some white fuzzy pipe cleaner things that are perfect to get the place that toothbrush wont get.

They were never intended to be used for the M16, but they had an NSN for some other purpose.. and once someone figured out how good they were, a lot of them got ordered for cleaning M16s.

5103.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Me, im Dad, I deligate.
    The USMC taught them well. Bore cleaner, bore brushes, a plastic tooth brush And long Q Tips.

No you did not. Just the cryptic statement, as if you know better than him. Please elaborate...

Here I thought I did post how it's done.
    Assemble bore rod, attach brush, dip in bore cleaner and push in the bore from the chamber end. Push and pull cleaning rod. Repeat as necessary...

D09-MP9939.jpg

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I have no doubt there is validity to OPs claim. Granted, I think you'd have to over aggressive to achieve that. But possible.

Not likely for most discover the hard way. I only say that because people I shoot with rarely clean their ARs :dunno:

That being said, I use the Otis BONE tool. Its seems okay to me. I never need to use it more than a few twists though.
    th-2542860362.jpg
    Normally I use the side of a screwdriver to pop the big chunks off. Wipe it, then twist the tool a couple times and done. Ill play guinea pig for the sake of INGO. If I manage to screw up my rifle doing that guess ill let y'all know

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I never knew there were tools to do this. I just soak the components and scrub it with that same exact gray and blue brush that he uses in the video.

I'm going to take mine apart this week and inspect it and see what it looks like.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ohh I forgot the story about the pipe cleaners.
    IMG_5888_1024x1024.jpg

9920-00-292-9946​

These started out as TOBACCO PIPE CLEANERs for officers, I KID you not. The story is corroborated by the NSN website is someone figured out these were absolutely perfect for cleaning out the inside of the firing pin channel and the gas tube. And since it was an NSN anyone could order. Orders for these started pouring in. Supply tried to figure out why thousands of these things started being ordered. And once they figured it out, they became standard issue for M16 cleaning kits.

Note that now, one of the cage code producers is now PICATINNY ARSENAL. Right up there with UNITED STATES TOBACCO CO lol

There is another item like this in the M16 history. A brass rod meant for automotive something, that got used as a barracks cleaning rod. Need to find the NSN.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    Does anyone know what the name is or where to get the dimension gauges he uses in the video?
    I used google —-not very well. I can get pictures of them but no names or where to purchase..

Thanks

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    4334520B-5410-4B68-823B-2BF70C76C874.jpeg

Still the best product I’ve found for stubborn fouling, hands down. No scraping, no scrubbing, and it’ll get the job done in a fraction of the time you’d spend with a brush.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Me, im Dad, I deligate.

Playing devil's advocate here. USMC has armors and an unlimited budget when those M16's, M4's get over cleaned. Which is what the Marine Corps teaches, over cleaning. Sometimes cleaning rifles in civilian terms, would be called "busy work".

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Playing devil's advocate here. USMC has armors and an unlimited budget when those M16's, M4's get over cleaned. Which is what the Marine Corps teaches, over cleaning. Sometimes cleaning rifles in civilian terms, would be called "busy work".
    Not so sure with that unlimited budget
    thing.
    My #2 sons enlistment was up about a year ago, he was a 352 in LAR his LAV was new in 1984.

Now busy work easily can be 5-6 hours of cleaning an M4 or a 240B. lol

Top Bottom