• Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was told this was an echo chamber.

Start echoing!

Honestly, who cares? I don’t like burger kings chicken sandwiches. I don’t order them.

And until they come out with a impossible pork butt that I can throw on the smoker and try, I probably won’t eat any impossible meats. I think it’s a good alternative for people that can’t eat red meat, or wanna watch their cholesterol, or just enjoy them... but I have no desire to try it.

I do wonder tho, I thought vegan food couldn’t be cooked where real meat was cooked? Do they have a separate grill for the impossible burgers, or do people just accept that it’s being cooked next to a real meat burger?

Lpherr

Occupied
    I do wonder tho, I thought vegan food couldn’t be cooked where real meat was cooked? Do they have a separate grill for the impossible burgers, or do people just accept that it’s being cooked next to a real meat burger?
    I doubt the employees give two sh**s. They make min. wage and don't even want to work. Might even get a fake burger, although a real burger was ordered.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    In most cases, the manufactured foods that are supposed to be healthy, are worse than the food they are meant to replace, and have many adverse affects on the body.
    Eating natural food is the way it's meant to be. It may not be the healthiest, but it's the best option.
    Saccharin comes to mind.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Clearly I have a masochistic streak because I'll address your multiple points in blue in the quote. Despite this you will continue to take what I say, extract one tidbit of that and make some conclusion that is only tangentially related; not what I wrote or intended.

I won't be replying further to your wildly inaccurate accusations. If you want to discuss what I actually wrote then please show me where I am incorrect. Otherwise, good day sir. :cheers:

Ok. Which one claims to be real meat? This question is incorrect. I never claimed that one, of the 2, pictures you posted claimed to be real meat. My point is that not all advertisements / packaging openly disclose that it does not contain meat. Fast food is a prime example of this. Having said that (and predicting what you will likely cherry pick and make incorrect conclusions from) I am not stating that fast food "should" make a clear statement that a particular menu item is fake meat.

The marketing that's it's *not meat* is the primary selling point. I agree that this is the case in most, if not all, instances.

Well, your OP contains "eating disorder of vegetarianism" ? Anyone who chooses not to eat animals is mentally ill? Even those who do so for religious reasons? Yes, if your eating habits put your health at risk then you have an eating disorder. If your eating habits force you to supplement your diet with pills for nutrients to stay in good health then yes you have an eating disorder. Can some vegans get by fine without supplements? Sure. Many cannot. I would cite the Mayo Clinic web page to support that. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...-eating/in-depth/vegetarian-diet/art-20046446

Nice try in rephrasing my statement with your words of "mentally ill". You are attempting, and failing, to paint me as a "bad person". Mentally ill has a negative connotation. Mentally ill is what CNN does by extracting a small piece of what someone says, then creates a different narrative, attributing things to that person that is inconsistent with the message they intended.

What religion necessitates a vegetarian diet? Except the religion started by vegans.

Then you link it to trans athlete controversy? Still not a link no matter how you cling to that narrative or how many times you repeat it. Please see definitions below for analogy vs. link. The key in the definitions is comparison versus connection.

You know what you're doing and deny, deny, counter-accuse doesn't change that. I deny nothing. I do correct your misinterpretation of what I am saying. I do correct you when you extrapolate one point I make and try to attribute something to me that I did not say and did not intend.

analogy​

noun
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/analogy?q=analogy
    1. a comparison of one thing with another thing that has similar features; a feature that is similar

• analogy (between A and B) The teacher drew an analogy between the human heart and a pump.
    • analogy (with something) There are no analogies with any previous legal cases.

2., the process of comparing one thing with another thing that has similar features in order to explain it
    learning by analogy
    • We can understand this theory by analogy with human beings.

link​

noun
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/link_1?q=link
    1. a connection between two or more people or things
    • link between A and B Police suspect there may be a link between the two murders.
    • There is evidence for a strong causal link between exposure to sun and skin cancer.
    • to establish/find a link
    • link with somebody/something These photographs are a direct link with the past.
    • link to somebody/something Many of them had no previous links to terrorism.
    see web page for others

The key is comparison versus connection.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Clearly I have a masochistic streak because I'll address your multiple points in blue in the quote

I won't judge. Safety word is pomegranate.

Sure. A hot button social topic just happened to be a comparison to a vegetarian option to meat. And I'm virtue signaling.

Eating disorder:
    any of a range of psychological disorders characterized by abnormal or disturbed eating habits (such as anorexia nervosa).

So yes, saying someone has an eating disorder is saying they have a certain type of mental illness. That's not rephrasing, that's what you're doing. Bad person is a value you assigned. Deny deny counteraccuse.

Religions requiring a vegetarian diet? Primarily those originating in India. Some schools of Buddhism and Hinduism, and all Jainists for example.

My point is that not all advertisements / packaging openly disclose that it does not contain meat.

Show me one that doesn't. Are you honestly claiming that people are buying these thinking it's meat? If so, seems like there are laws being violated that one could enforce...

Lpherr

Occupied
    I won't judge. Safety word is pomegranate.

Sure. A hot button social topic just happened to be a comparison to a vegetarian option to meat. And I'm virtue signaling.

Eating disorder:
    any of a range of psychological disorders characterized by abnormal or disturbed eating habits (such as anorexia nervosa).

So yes, saying someone has an eating disorder is saying they have a certain type of mental illness. That's not rephrasing, that's what you're doing. Bad person is a value you assigned. Deny deny counteraccuse.

Religions requiring a vegetarian diet? Primarily those originating in India. Some schools of Buddhism and Hinduism, and all Jainists for example.

Show me one that doesn't. Are you honestly claiming that people are buying these thinking it's meat? If so, seems like there are laws being violated that one could enforce...
    POMEGRANATE!

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry, you have too many incorrect conclusions to address all of them. I'll stick (mostly) to the factual ones. Again in blue.

I won't judge. Safety word is pomegranate. Too many syllables for me to pronounce.

Sure. A hot button social topic just happened to be a comparison to a vegetarian option to meat. And I'm virtue signaling. Actually read the OP please. Also, you most certainly appear to be virtue signaling.

Eating disorder:

So yes, saying someone has an eating disorder is saying they have a certain type of mental illness. That's not rephrasing, that's what you're doing. Bad person is a value you assigned. Deny deny counteraccuse. It is quite literally rephrasing. I say "eating disorder", you twist that to "mental illness". I honestly believe that you cannot see the difference.

Religions requiring a vegetarian diet? Primarily those originating in India. Some schools of Buddhism and Hinduism, and all Jainists for example. Some schools of Hinduism and Buddhism are vegan, not all (like you specified). Saying some religions make it seem like a blanket statement (vs some sects) which would be incorrect.

Jainism seems to be completely vegan. So, one religion requires (uber) vegan eating.

Show me one that doesn't. Are you honestly claiming that people are buying these thinking it's meat? If so, seems like there are laws being violated that one could enforce... Too far from what I said to reply to.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I doubt the employees give two sh**s. They make min. wage and don't even want to work. Might even get a fake burger, although a real burger was ordered.
    The deli counter at Payless grocery had "boneless" chicken wings. Looked like they would be a good snack. They had a really strange consistency. I have eaten a whole lot of chicken in my life. The meat looked like chunks of chicken meat glued together. It was not like cheap chicken nuggets where you can see breading and tiny bits of meat. There were glue lines that looked like when a furniture maker glues pieces together. where an end grain butts against a side grain. tasted bad, chewed like cork, I through it away and stopped buying wings of any kind from Payless.

There was, and continues not to be any marking on the label to let a customer know it was some kind of frankenstein meat.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The deli counter at Payless grocery had "boneless" chicken wings. Looked like they would be a good snack. They had a really strange consistency. I have eaten a whole lot of chicken in my life. The meat looked like chunks of chicken meat glued together. It was not like cheap chicken nuggets where you can see breading and tiny bits of meat. There were glue lines that looked like when a furniture maker glues pieces together. where an end grain butts against a side grain. tasted bad, chewed like cork, I through it away and stopped buying wings of any kind from Payless.

There was, and continues to be any marking on the label to let a customer know it was some kind of frankenstein meat.
    "Boneless" wings are chicken nuggets, period. Tend to be ground up and reformed chicken. I've never seen the laminated kind though.

Reactions: Leo

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sorry, you have too many incorrect conclusions to address all of them. I'll stick (mostly) to the factual ones. Again in blue.

Deny deny counteraccuse. Because everyone in a given religion doesn't believe the same thing those with a religious conviction are irrelevant because...I'm not sure, but ok. You totally got me there.

An eating disorder is *by definition* a specific mental illness. So, you are correct. I honestly don't see the difference because there isn't one. Saying "this is an eating disorder" is the exact same thing as saying "this is a specific mental illness".

Let's just distill it down to this:

My point is that not all advertisements / packaging openly disclose that it does not contain meat.

I ask you to show me one and your reply is: Too far from what I said to reply to.

Please, show me the packaging that doesn't clearly and distinctly show it is plant based.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wife and I had a related conversation just this morning. Well, without all the drama.

Life is too short to eat crap. Rather than eat fake/lite/diet whatever, just eat a smaller portion of the real thing. She was needing something for a recipe, and was annoyed all she could find was "lite".

Dietary restrictions I totally understand. Have friends with real gluten allergies, and lactose does a number on me.

Now, if you actually LIKE this stuff, knock yourself out. Imma stick to actual beef, with gluten in the buns, and run it thru the garden.
    I agree with this. But I've really gotta suggest you try Morningstar farms spicy black bean burger if you get a chance. It's not a hamburger but it is good. I love a good hamburger but will on occasion pick these up.

My wife got selected for a survey of their products so we got a bunch of coupons for free stuff from them. So we picked up a bunch and had some friends over. I also grilled real hamburgers as well. The veggie burger was okay, but everyone liked the black bean one except one person said it was too spicy. And these were all meat eaters, no vegetarians/vegan/etc in the bunch.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

I guess people will argue about anything. :dunno:

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Well I don't know why everyone has their panties in a wad over this. I am a red meat eater. I also love my veggies. What I cant get is why do they spend all the effort to take plants and veggies and turn them into meat. I am a farmer and cattleman. Let me tell you, my cows are really good at it. If you like it go for it. If you don't don't. Shoot sometimes I enjoy a veggie pizza.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've never tried one. IIRC, the calories are roughly the same but cholesterol is lower and saturated fat was about the same. Sodium was maybe higher?

Yep, about the same give or take in a few areas. I assume this includes the standard toppings.​

Impossible Whopper info from the BK site:​

Per serving​

Weight280.7 g
    Calories626.4 kcal
    Fat32.3 g
    Saturated Fat9.5 g
    Trans Fat0.2 g
    Cholesterol16.8 mg
    Sodium1,343.4 mg
    Carbohydrates61.9 g
    Fiber5.7 g
    Sugar13.6 g
    Proteins28

Standard Whopper:
    Per serving

Weight
    284.6 g
    Calories
    667.5 kcal
    Fat
    39 g
    Saturated Fat
    11.2 g
    Trans Fat
    0.6 g
    Cholesterol
    79.9 mg
    Sodium
    1,168.6 mg
    Carbohydrates
    54.2 g
    Fiber
    2.9 g
    Sugar
    13.2 g
    Proteins
    30.8 g

The impossible Whopper lists for about 90 cents more than the standard Whopper.

All that said, no idea if half of the "bad" numbers above are due to the inclusion of the abomination that is mayonnaise or is a result of the meat or meat substitutes that are used in these burgers.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Yep, about the same give or take in a few areas. I assume this includes the standard toppings.​

Impossible Whopper info from the BK site:​

Per serving​

Weight280.7 g
    Calories626.4 kcal
    Fat32.3 g
    Saturated Fat9.5 g
    Trans Fat0.2 g
    Cholesterol16.8 mg
    Sodium1,343.4 mg
    Carbohydrates61.9 g
    Fiber5.7 g
    Sugar13.6 g
    Proteins28

Standard Whopper:
    Per serving

Weight
    284.6 g
    Calories
    667.5 kcal
    Fat
    39 g
    Saturated Fat
    11.2 g
    Trans Fat
    0.6 g
    Cholesterol
    79.9 mg
    Sodium
    1,168.6 mg
    Carbohydrates
    54.2 g
    Fiber
    2.9 g
    Sugar
    13.2 g
    Proteins
    30.8 g

The impossible Whopper lists for about 90 cents more than the standard Whopper.

All that said, no idea if half of the "bad" numbers above are due to the inclusion of the abomination that is mayonnaise or is a result of the meat or meat substitutes that are used in these burgers.
    Seems like a trade off. Better than real meat in some areas, worse in others :dunno:

If you want to eat it, then...

Top Bottom