• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    senator Leahey is in the hospital. If he croaked (yipppeee) wouldnt it be something if the governor who is republican appointed a republican??? wow

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    After Nancy's parade to deliver the Articles impeachment has now sunk to second half hour coverage on the morning "news" shows. I think everyone is finally admitting to themselves it is DOA and merely a political vengeance stunt.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think they said on the news this morning that Leahy was already getting better.
    He's gotta get better. The Democrats picked him to preside over the kangaroo court impeachment trial since Chief Justice Roberts won't have anything to do with it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Gulli-BULL. Do you really think Brezhnev and Andropov thought Trump would be such a great and useful success in 1980 that they would detail all those assets to that project

Putin was still wet behind the ears and working in Dresden for the second chief directorate, and Craig Unger has ZERO background in intelligence (of either kind) or counter-intelligence. He makes Steele look like a knowledgeable player

But hey, "It's not a lie if you believe it", eh

Nice GP style drop with no comment
    Your comments matter not vice versa

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    It's kind of classless to cheer someone's possible death.
    i dont think so. When an enemy of the Nation dies its a good thing. Love to see Pelosi drop dead. Nadler, Pencil neck Shift, schummer just to name a few. The country and my grandkids would be better off. Heck yeah i cheer the death of a tyrant or communist.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    He's gotta get better. The Democrats picked him to preside over the kangaroo court impeachment trial since Chief Justice Roberts won't have anything to do with it.
    When you’re running a “show trial”, you need a Roland Freisler-type or Andrei Vyshinsky-type in the judge’s seat. I guess Leahy is thought to be the best they have.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Leahy is the acting Sergeant at Arms of the Senate. He is presiding because the Chief Justice presides only when the President is being tried. If Leahy is unavailable, they will appoint another to be Sergeant at Arms and that person will preside.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Roberts was right. They are not impeaching a President, so he shouldn't be there.

Now, I am surprised that the constitutionality of the impeachment was settled by a Senate vote.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Leahy is the acting Sergeant at Arms of the Senate. He is presiding because the Chief Justice presides only when the President is being tried. If Leahy is unavailable, they will appoint another to be Sergeant at Arms and that person will preside.
    I think that Leahy holds the office of “President pro tempore of the Senate”; that Senator presides when the Vice President of the United States is not available to function as President of the Senate.

There seems to be no constitutional provision prohibiting Kamala from presiding over the impeachment trial, as Trump is no longer President and she is not in line to succeed him.

Of course there is no constitutional provision for the impeachment of a private citizen. After the Trump situation is dealt with, perhaps the Demos will seek to put Richard Nixon on trial?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Nixon can't run for office anymore. He dead.
    That would be of no moment to one Elizabeth Holtzman, Democrat from Brooklyn.

As a House Judiciary Committee member, her jihad against Richard Nixon led her to accuse Gerald Ford (absent any evidence beyond her unsupported assertion that “everybody wondered whether there was a deal”) of a quid pro quo arrangement for Nixon’s pardon in exchange for his resignation. She’s still living, and would no doubt welcome a symbolic justification as the end of her life approaches.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We should expect the following scenario.
    1. Trump is out of office, Therefore, convicting him and removing him from office is moot.
    2. The Senate will now move on to a vote on barring Trump from ever holding office again. This requires a simple majority.

The Constitution allows that only after conviction after impeachment, but since that conviction is moot, they will proceed with the additional punishment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now, I am surprised that the constitutionality of the impeachment was settled by a Senate vote.

I hear this line of thinking often as we have been conditioned to believe that SCOTUS is the arbiter of constitutionality alone. They are not, they are a co-equal branch of government and all branches take the same path to defend the constitution, so we have three equal branches that get to decide if something is constitutional.

A highly simplified illustration:

The president issues an EO prohibiting travel from Mars, the constitution gives defense of the country to the president, a federal judge in Hawaii issues an injunction setting the EO aside, the president in his constitutional capacity can continue if he believes the order unconstitutional.

What the media describe as a constitutional crisis is actually a feature of the constitution the branches are co-equal and there will be differences. Some here make me laugh at their fears of Trump becoming a dictator. He had every opportunity to reclaim ground other presidents gave up, that they could have accused him of dictator type actions, but he didn't...

Top Bottom