• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You guys are clear that’s exactly what happened during last impeachment, right? When the Republicans held the Senate. Why is this a problem now, if the Democrats do it?
    Its always a problem.
    Why would i care who pleasured slick willy?
    But he did abuse his power more than Trump.
    Who impeaches the House for abusing their powers?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I like Barack Obama. And I like George W Bush. I don't agree with much (if any) of what they did, but I "like" them on a personality level.

I think it would be great to sit outside with either one of them over a grill with some steaks, shrimp, and beer, a good cigar, and talk politics until the wee hours on a calm evening. I just wouldn't agree with a lot they said, but the conversation would be wonderful.

I think I have gotten that way over the many years of meeting people from both sides of the liberal and conservative camps. I have chatted with gun owners at meetups and met up with a group of ex Peace Corps workers. With one group I'm the whacky conservative and in the other I'm the nutty liberal. That's cool.

But I've noticed there are not many folks who can separate their emotional response to a politicians personality with the politicians political stance. Many people on both sides take another sides disagreement as a personal attack, when most times it is not. It is simply someone else's prioritization is different from their own.

And I think that is where we are with Trump. I find him personally repugnant. His constant lies and exagerations, the demaining of other people, and general personality. I wouldn't want to sit out and talk politics with him. However, I have liked some of his policies. I have loved his standing up to Chinese attacks on our economy. I have loved his backing of Betsy DeVos's attack on the Title IX abuses. I have not liked the Wall but I have liked his focus on border security, and have hoped that both sides could come together to simplify and streamline immigration reform. (For those who may wonder I don't like Biden.)

The democrats (or at least their base driving them) have had an almost hysterical response to having President Trump. Some have been hysterical. I blame a lot of this on the media's bloviating about how it was guarnateed that Hillary Clinton would be the next president. When that didn't happen their shock turned into disbelief, and then rage. I don't entirely blame them. Everywhere we looked in late 2016 all the media projected Clinton the winner. Oops...

The best the elected democrats should do is ignore their base's hatred and simply move forward. I think that is the best way to "heal" the country - whatever that means. Let the past remain in the past. Trump WAS president. In seven (7) days he will NOT be. They should run the country as they see fit within the means of a split Senate and try to be reasonable. If they are reasonable and do well they may retain control in two (2) and four (4) years.

If not... they'll lose control, the pendulum will swing back and they'll wonder why.

Regards,

Doug

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You guys are clear that’s exactly what happened during last impeachment, right? When the Republicans held the Senate. Why is this a problem now, if the Democrats do it?

Because it's petty.
    The most petty action I've ever seen in politics. Barely even a week left, and your side is so deranged they want to drag the whole country to hell just to sate their bloodlust.

That's an impeachment of 75 million fellow Americans, after a sweeping effort to take away their free speech.

If you keep poking the bear, you're not going to like what happens.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because it's petty.
    The most petty action I've ever seen in politics. Barely even a week left, and your side is so deranged they want to drag the whole country to hell just to sate their bloodlust.

That's an impeachment of 75 million fellow Americans, after a sweeping effort to take away their free speech.

I don’t think anyone is actually worried about that bear. Some people like to think so, but yeah, not really.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because it's petty.

Realistically? Maybe 50 million. And that's just extrapolating polls into the number of Trump voters. That's still not nothing. I can't respect someone who dismisses 50 million people.

My point is only that it's not 75 million. Not all 75 million people who voted for Trump are Deplorables. I guess I'll start saying that instead of Trumpers, because you guys have taken that on as your identity marker.

A lot of people voted for Trump for pragmatic reasons. I'm one of those. If I list the policies from the Democrats and Republicans side by side, I agree with almost no Democrat policies and agree with most of the Republican ones. Chief among them was the left embraces wokeness and chaos, demostrated by the riots over the summer.

But you should not count on 75 million people supporting things like insurrection. Those people have left you guys. I doubt that even of the roughly 50 million of you who think that the election was stolen from Trump through massive conspiracies and fraud, are with you after the insurrection. You guys don't know it yet. But Trumpism died on January 6. That doesn't mean that Biden or his sycophants (even in this thread) should just dismiss the concerns of 50 million, or even the 75 million who voted against the Democrat.

It's clear from the gains in the house that America is not on board with excesses of progressivism. I hope Biden understands that he does not have a mandate for that ****.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    By which you mean their boot back on our neck, yes?
    I don't know about that per se. I haven't gotten the impression Republicans particularly care about boots on necks as much as they care about keeping crony enrichment commerce going. They seem just to like keeping their offices and voting on issues the chamber-o-commerce cares about. And of course they have to pay their tribute to conservatives every now and again with meaningless legislation that pays appropriate lip service.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And yet they still do what they do. So how worried are they actually?
    Probably insanity, as usual, prevents them from wise decisions.

This is the party of ...
    CNN_Mostly_Peaceful_Protests_Banner.jpg

Top Bottom