• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I believe 'equity' demands that they be arrested in proportion to their prevalence within their particular tribes - thus, proportionally far too many Republican 'peaceful' protestors were arrested while nowhere near enough 'peaceful' Democrat protestors were

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We simply cannot compare some of what ANTIFA did with the Capitol "invasion." Simply put, the victim does matter. In this case it was the entire elected body of the UNITED STATES CONGRESS being unable to perform its task for the day due to (for lack of a better word) a hostile group forcing their way in.

Think of it this way. I'm a bad man. I walk up to a grown man on the street, surprise him, and shove him hard. So hard that he is knocked off his feet. Now say I do the same thing to an elderly woman with a walker, or a small child, or a paraplegic in wheelchair.

There is no way, once I am charged, that any jury anywhere would not be emotionally involved in whom I shoved. Even though the crime I committed was exactly the same for all, shoving them off their feet. The victim matters. In this case it was the Capitol of the our nation that was breached! In all the other ANTIFA crap that just doesn't pull at the heart strings as much as forcing Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence from their appointed locations.

In this case the American people are the jury, and they have been moved. Many millions of folks ignore the news and don't care what happened in Seattle, or Minneapolis, or Portland. They can ignore those and remain blissfully ignorant. Not so here. While many may not care about Portland they do care about "their" Capitol!

Sorry folks, but the victim matters.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I STILL blame the Capitol and DC police for NOT forming a line and stopping before it happened. But it did, and the optics matter.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No congress men/women were injured. I've seen video of protesters calmly walking into the building with no one even telling them not to come in.
    Is it possible the Capitol and D.C. Police did not form a line and stop it because "someone" wanted it to happen?
    The ANTIFA "news man," breaking windows and urging others to do the same, and recording Ashli Babbitt being shot, has been questioned and released; apparently on his own recognizance.
    Do you suppose that if he doesn't show up for court, the authorities will be unable to find him?

The whole thing is entirely too advantageous for Democrats to be coincidence.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But you're still comparing 100s or 1000s of blm riots to one Trump riot. It's not possible to do these comparisons.
    When someone says that BLM isn’t getting prosecuted, I think it’s fair to post evidence that they are. But my response to that is, not locally they weren’t. And I suspect that if a Democrat controlled the WH, the FBI would be told to stand down too. Trump ordered Barr earlier in the summer to prosecute the rioters that they could charge with federal crimes. I would not be surprised at all if Biden told the FBI to drop it after he’s sworn in.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When someone says that BLM isn’t getting prosecuted, I think it’s fair to post evidence that they are. But my response to that is, not locally they weren’t. And I suspect that if a Democrat controlled the WH, the FBI would be told to stand down too. Trump ordered Barr earlier in the summer to prosecute the rioters that they could charge with federal crimes. I would not be surprised at all if Biden told the FBI to drop it after he’s sworn in.
    Good chance. The General supporting his troops. He might need them again, someday.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We simply cannot compare some of what ANTIFA did with the Capitol "invasion." Simply put, the victim does matter. In this case it was the entire elected body of the UNITED STATES CONGRESS being unable to perform its task for the day due to (for lack of a better word) a hostile group forcing their way in.

Think of it this way. I'm a bad man. I walk up to a grown man on the street, surprise him, and shove him hard. So hard that he is knocked off his feet. Now say I do the same thing to an elderly woman with a walker, or a small child, or a paraplegic in wheelchair.

There is no way, once I am charged, that any jury anywhere would not be emotionally involved in whom I shoved. Even though the crime I committed was exactly the same for all, shoving them off their feet. The victim matters. In this case it was the Capitol of the our nation that was breached! In all the other ANTIFA crap that just doesn't pull at the heart strings as much as forcing Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence from their appointed locations.

In this case the American people are the jury, and they have been moved. Many millions of folks ignore the news and don't care what happened in Seattle, or Minneapolis, or Portland. They can ignore those and remain blissfully ignorant. Not so here. While many may not care about Portland they do care about "their" Capitol!

Regards,

Doug

PS - I STILL blame the Capitol and DC police for NOT forming a line and stopping before it happened. But it did, and the optics matter.
    I get what you’re saying but I value the rights of individuals and business owners way more than I value congress critters. The billions of dollars worth of businesses and property destroyed ranks very high, IMHO.

That said, it’s not a contest. The rioters broke the laws they broke, and they should all he held responsible for what they did. Arguing about who’s pee stream goes further isn’t of value.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Regards,

Doug

Doug, have you seen the videos of the Capital Police letting them in and guiding them through the building?

How on earth do you consider that an "invasion"??

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not that I agree, but to follow along your logic, did you consider that Trump might be the problem, hence why he was opposed?
    Sure. He’s so bad thst they made up a fake dossier and used it to get FISA warrants to spy on his campaign. At least that was a bit more high tech than Nixon.

I don’t think Trump was a particularly good president. I also think that’s an issue of temperament. Nothing Trump did earned the treatment be got. Tweeting smack makes him an *******. I’d rather the president weren’t an *******. But I’d take the ******* president who occasionally stomps on his **** over someone who promises to pass an AWB.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps the only way to get out of the two party system is if a well known, wealthy personality were to run on an Independent ticket, something like Constitutional Party or Libertarian and then win in a landslide.
    The reason we have a two party system is the voting system we use plus psychology, tends to devolve into two main parties. To make 3rd parties viable, you have to eliminate the fear of the wrong candidate winning. There are some voting systems that accomplish that. Like the UK’s system. But theirs isn’t very representative. And it sucks.

The most representative is ranked-order voting.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No congress men/women were injured. I've seen video of protesters calmly walking into the building with no one even telling them not to come in.
    Is it possible the Capitol and D.C. Police did not form a line and stop it because "someone" wanted it to happen?
    The ANTIFA "news man," breaking windows and urging others to do the same, and recording Ashli Babbitt being shot, has been questioned and released; apparently on his own recognizance.
    Do you suppose that if he doesn't show up for court, the authorities will be unable to find him?

The whole thing is entirely too advantageous for Democrats to be coincidence.

That they were not injured is not relevant. It is the optics.

No one "wanted" the capitol to be breached and top officials to lose their jobs.

Incompetence here is not coincidence. It is just incompetence.

I get what you’re saying but I value the rights of individuals and business owners way more than I value congress critters. The billions of dollars worth of businesses and property destroyed ranks very high, IMHO.

That said, it’s not a contest. The rioters broke the laws they broke, and they should all he held responsible for what they did. Arguing about who’s pee stream goes further isn’t of value.

I am not advocating. I am just sharing my own opinion as to why what is going on is going on.

Most people do NOT care about what happens to someone else as long as it is someone else! Especially if they are in another tribe.

So a businessman lost money. So what? He has insurance. He'll get paid. And no one has sympathy for insurance companies, so who cares. It'll be fixed. And, it's not me or anyone I know. Ergo, not my tribe.

The only premise I am putting forth is that it IS a contest! What draws more sympathy, overall, from most Americans? A normal business owner or owners in some other city or MY Capitol being overrun. The Capitol does pee farther. Optics.

Doug, have you seen the videos of the Capital Police letting them in and guiding them through the building?

A few cops DID let them in, and in my opinion should be fired for it. However, this does not remove from the hoard the other truth that they KNEW the doors were locked and they shouldn't even try to get in.

So say me and a couple hundred angry looking people show up at Midnight at the Indiana state capitol building. We start pounding on the door screaming "Let us in! Let us in! The election was fraud! Let us in! (that sorta crap)" And two (2) security guards scared out of their wits DO open the doors, afraid and not knowing what we'll do otherwise. Just because they open the doors doesn't mean it isn't under duress, and it doesn't remove from me the basic knowledge that the capitol is locked up now and I am not allowed in.

But do not get me wrong. In my opinion there is so much stupid here that our cup runeth over! There was stupid on all sides of this little event.

Regards,

Doug

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That they were not injured is not relevant. It is the optics.

No one "wanted" the capitol to be breached and top officials to lose their jobs.

Incompetence here is not coincidence. It is just incompetence.

I am not advocating. I am just sharing my own opinion as to why what is going on is going on.

Most people do NOT care about what happens to someone else as long as it is someone else! Especially if they are in another tribe.

So a businessman lost money. So what? He has insurance. He'll get paid. And no one has sympathy for insurance companies, so who cares. It'll be fixed. And, it's not me or anyone I know. Ergo, not my tribe.

The only premise I am putting forth is that it IS a contest! What draws more sympathy, overall, from most Americans? A normal business owner or owners in some other city or MY Capitol being overrun. The Capitol does pee farther. Optics.

A few cops DID let them in, and in my opinion should be fired for it. However, this does not remove from the hoard the other truth that they KNEW the doors were locked and they shouldn't even try to get in.

So say me and a couple hundred angry looking people show up at Midnight at the Indiana state capitol building. We start pounding on the door screaming "Let us in! Let us in! The election was fraud! Let us in! (that sorta crap)" And two (2) security guards scared out of their wits DO open the doors, afraid and not knowing what we'll do otherwise. Just because they open the doors doesn't mean it isn't under duress, and it doesn't remove from me the basic knowledge that the capitol is locked up now and I am not allowed in.

But do not get me wrong. In my opinion there is so much stupid here that our cup runeth over! There was stupid on all sides of this little event.

Regards,

Doug

Can we get a wheelbarrow to haul the unsubstantiated suppositions in?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If you think these antifa types are going to be charged after their arrested, let this article sink in.

I've seen articles where about a half a dz of others who were not antifa types were released on their own recognisance with much less conditions imposed. I posted several yesterday in another thread I think.

Yeah, I've seen those. Have you seen the ones where they are trying to force their way in and drag a cop down the stairs and beat him with metal rods? Or other similar ones.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not at the capital. Have a link? I posted the videos backing up what I said...
    Take your pick, he was beaten, tased, and maced. So far one's been arrested.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Regards,

Doug
    I get that you're making an IS argument. I'm making a "should" argument. Probably most folks who were on the wrong side of the door should just get misdemeanor trespassing charges. I mean they looked on the videos I've seen more like they were sightseeing. The people who did the actual "insurrection" stuff, should get charged appropriately. The people who rioted should be charged with that, and everyone who damaged property should have to pay restitution.

And it *shouldn't* be a contest. It IS a contest because the sides make it that.

Top Bottom