• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Hickock45 made a number of YouTube videos several years ago in which he had an FFL licensed friend/acquaintance bring a Glock 17 with switch and then a Glock 18 with a pile of 33-round mags to his range. He could control it some, mostly shooting 3-4 round bursts -- using both hands, but nowhere near semi-auto. He's a highly experienced competitive shooter. I've little doubt he also did quite a bit of practice with them before shooting and editing his videos. Following his channel off and on is where I first saw a Glock Switch. Didn't think much of it at the time . . . and then I started seeing news reports about in the hands of gang-bangers several years ago in 2018 or 2019. Deja vu kicked in with the videos I'd watched on his channel.

I had personal experience handling an M14A1 and an M16A1 reliably firing in 3-round bursts. Took a magazine or two on the range as it is an acquired skill with trigger timing. You aimed slightly low and let the muzzle rise. You weren't going to drill them all into a 2 MOA circle or anything close to one. Getting all three onto a 2/3 silhouette at 25 meters was doable.

Glock 17+Glock Switch -- about 5-6 years ago -- IIRC on supervised loan from NC Silencer.

Glock 18 -- a year or two ago -- supervised loan from Silencer Central. His first video with it resulted in a broken slide near the end.

There is a reason they call it the 'giggle switch'. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Having read through the whole thread, I'm left with two questions:
    How many full-auto rounds can a standard glock handle before it can't?
    Are the criminals doing extended mag full auto dumps stealing their ammo? I realize their profession allows them to get their money for nothing and their chicks for free, but that's a lot of ammo whether bought or stolen.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    LMAO someone used the term "assault pistol" here. I agree full heartedly with the fact that police resources are far over stretched but with the ease of manufacturing nowadays and the availability of information relating to such it is an unwinnable cause to police weapons properly.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Lol. You'd have a better chance of that being true under Trump. That was the brief period when you could get one guy/one gun crimes in because for all his faults he did push the AUSAs to file on gun toting criminals. Now, as in right now today, we could hand them several people dealing multiple switches still under investigation or already going through state courts but the AUSA has zero interest because it's too small potatoes.
    I believe you in that is generally true, but look at this case.
    Guy was arrested of may of last year with a firearm and weed. Feds pressed federal charges.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    In a report released this month, the ATF said it collected five times as many machine gun conversion parts between 2017 and 2021 than it did between 2012 and 2016.

Wonder what these are?
    Drop-in full auto sears for the AR15 platform and the Glock switches. Those are what we are seeing more of. Glock switches are the vast majority though.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Almost a daily trend...Glocks (.40 and 9mm) with switches and 30rd mags. Almost as common as the Glocks, AR's. Pistols and rifles, .223 and .300 blackout Now with brass catchers installed. Rare they are reported as stolen.
    We've been seeing a lot of 10mm Glocks lately, with and without switches.

Top Bottom