• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That is just wrong! You are in law enforcement and at this point are literally being placed in the position of doing battle with foreign and domestic criminal cartels. Ones with a long and storied history of utter brutality and vicious premeditated murders. Your employer, with my tax dollars, owes you the tools to protect yourselves and the community you swore to protect.

Why does your department not issue some form of long gun to all patrol officers? What is their excuse?

I would much prefer an officer have the power and precision of a rifle if at all possible, versus having to rely upon a less powerful and less accurate handgun.
    Money, it always comes down to $$$. They scrape money together just to fund something as basic as vehicles. Patrol rifles (600-700 of them) would cost just under a million and is low on their list.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If the "switch" gives you a cyclic rate of the Glock 18, the whole neighborhood is in danger. Without a stock that 1000 rpm would spray everywhere.
    Not to worry. I am sure all the thugs using glock switches are highly trained shooters who are well versed in running FA G17/19s
    All they have to be is lucky. The more rounds they throw down range, the luckier they get.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the "switch" gives you a cyclic rate of the Glock 18, the whole neighborhood is in danger. Without a stock that 1000 rpm would spray everywhere.

I don't know the cyclical rate, but we've had murders with them, some caught on video. At typical engagement ranges they are doing a significant amount of damage via multiple hits.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    This question is for Denny and BBI. If you had the power to do so, what would you do to these upstanding individuals? I know what I would do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's funny you think the ATF will pursue either. Or more specifically you can find an AUSA who will file on a one guy/one gun charge regardless of how heinous their background or other actions are.
    Good point. Every instance I know of firsthand wasnt door kickers. It was "Hi. We are the police and are here for x reason. Oh, hey... Whats this?!?!? Hello, ATF? You might want to see this. "

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Other than as a fun Count of Monte Cristo sort of thought exercise, it's irrelevant what I would do or want done. I accepted that long ago.
    If I were in your shoes my answer to question like this on the internet would be something like: “I will uphold the constitutions of the state and the US and the policies of my department to the best of my ability.”

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If I were in your shoes my answer to question like this on the internet would be something like: “I will uphold the constitutions of the state and the US and the policies of my department to the best of my ability.”
    From what I have seen in his posts over the years is that's exactly what he does. There needs to be more like him...

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You must provide your own rifle, they used to issue surplus M16A1 but they gave most of those back to the .gov.
    My now retired neighbor had one of those about 10 years ago. One night a model citizen from the Thompson/Arlington area helped himself to it, not taking long to separate it from the chintzy roof mount in his CVPI. They did catch up with the fine lad, and the weapon.

He did not request, or was not offered, a replacement.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Money, it always comes down to $$$. They scrape money together just to fund something as basic as vehicles. Patrol rifles (600-700 of them) would cost just under a million and is low on their list.
    Then you have the recurring maintenance cost . . . and having had military arms rooms under my command, there is a cost and it's not insignificant.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I don't know the cyclical rate, but we've had murders with them, some caught on video. At typical engagement ranges they are doing a significant amount of damage via multiple hits.
    I've heard enough auto small arms fire to know its staccato sound -- versus someone doing an extreme rapid-fire in semi-auto. The several east coast surveillance videos I've seen on TV (usually FNC) within the past several months . . . shows a gang-banger pulling one out and doing a mag dump in a late-night crowd around a local bar. A half-dozen to a dozen go down as everyone scatters. Most are wounded. A few are dead. Invariably starts as a confrontation between two or more gang-bangers and it all goes to hell from there. The Glock 18 is 1200 rounds per minute (20 per second). A Glock with a Glock switch is 1000 - 1200 rounds per minute, depending on Glock and switch condition (some are crude switches), or 17 - 20 rounds per second. That's a 33 round mag dump in 1.5 - 2 seconds.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What's the forecast of what the Glock switch will blow up into? Isn't it only a matter of time before someone of news media notoriety is harmed or killed by use of one of these?

While terrible that tragedy brings light to things, will the mainstream news media's running with this as a top line story bring the 2A community grief or relief?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the only bright side is the Chinese switch is crude and OBVIOUS. Unlike the G18 which has the less obvious slide switch. So its something that if you see it jammed in somebody's pants or holster, there is no mistaking they have an illegal firearm.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    To quote the old timer that was shooting with us when we tried the 18, " I could be standing next to you in a phone booth and not hit you "
    He was one of the best shots I've ever seen
    Hickock45 made a number of YouTube videos several years ago in which he had an FFL licensed friend/acquaintance bring a Glock 17 with switch and then a Glock 18 with a pile of 33-round mags to his range. He could control it some, mostly shooting 3-4 round bursts -- using both hands, but nowhere near semi-auto. He's a highly experienced competitive shooter. I've little doubt he also did quite a bit of practice with them before shooting and editing his videos. Following his channel off and on is where I first saw a Glock Switch. Didn't think much of it at the time . . . and then I started seeing news reports about in the hands of gang-bangers several years ago in 2018 or 2019. Deja vu kicked in with the videos I'd watched on his channel.

I had personal experience handling an M14A1 and an M16A1 reliably firing in 3-round bursts. Took a magazine or two on the range as it is an acquired skill with trigger timing. You aimed slightly low and let the muzzle rise. You weren't going to drill them all into a 2 MOA circle or anything close to one. Getting all three onto a 2/3 silhouette at 25 meters was doable.

Glock 17+Glock Switch -- about 5-6 years ago -- IIRC on supervised loan from NC Silencer.

Glock 18 -- a year or two ago -- supervised loan from Silencer Central. His first video with it resulted in a broken slide near the end.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom