• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They can be found for about $150. Nearly all are smuggled in from China. The "Glock Switch" has become the "must have" device along with 33-round and longer extended magazines for every gang-banger, to prove their manhood and their power to terrify and control everyone around them. Not surprised they're showing up in Indiana now. They've been around the east and west coast and other large gang territory urban centers for a while now -- Boston, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Chicago, St. Louis, L.A. San Francisco, etc. I've seen some of the videos of late night shoot-em-ups that occurred around urban nightclubs and bars . . . and the chatter of one doing a mag dump is unmistakable. Uncontrollable after about the 3rd round, but the gang-bangers don't care. It's all about projecting power through terror.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's funny you think the ATF will pursue either. Or more specifically you can find an AUSA who will file on a one guy/one gun charge regardless of how heinous their background or other actions are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They can be found for about $150. Nearly all are smuggled in from China. The "Glock Switch" has become the "must have" device along with 30+ round extended magazines for every gang-banger, to prove their manhood and their power to terrify and control everyone around them. Not surprised they're showing up in Indiana now. They've been around the east and west coast and other large gang territory urban centers for a while now -- Boston, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Chicago, St. Louis, L.A. San Francisco, etc. I've seen some of the videos of late night shoot-em-ups that occurred around urban nightclubs and bars . . . and the chatter of one doing a mag dump is unmistakable. Uncontrollable after about the 3rd round, but the gang-bangers don't care. It's all about projecting power through terror.
    I haven’t been following the “assault pistol” narrative as closely as I usually keep up with this sort of stuff. I‘m guessing this sort of stuff is the genesis of it all?

Here’s a lesson the gun grabbers can’t/won’t comprehend: People will always find a way to circumvent the law.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just wait for the ATF to pose triumphantly with the said firearm and "machine gun switch" on a table. 3-5 smug looking agents in ATF hoodies will be pictured behind it. A great victory for comrade Biden's war against fully semi auto assault clips.

Lol. You'd have a better chance of that being true under Trump. That was the brief period when you could get one guy/one gun crimes in because for all his faults he did push the AUSAs to file on gun toting criminals. Now, as in right now today, we could hand them several people dealing multiple switches still under investigation or already going through state courts but the AUSA has zero interest because it's too small potatoes.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You must provide your own rifle, they used to issue surplus M16A1 but they gave most of those back to the .gov. They will issue you a shotgun if you want or you can carry your own. I've carried my own personal patrol rifle for the last 18 years.
    pulls baby s*** green FAL out of the cruiser trunk

What? What are y'all looking at?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You must provide your own rifle, they used to issue surplus M16A1 but they gave most of those back to the .gov. They will issue you a shotgun if you want or you can carry your own. I've carried my own personal patrol rifle for the last 18 years.
    Do you have to do a daily check, and if so, doesn't it wear out your personal rifle from cycling it every day?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I haven’t been following the “assault pistol” narrative as closely as I usually keep up with this sort of stuff. I‘m guessing this sort of stuff is the genesis of it all?

Here’s a lesson the gun grabbers can’t/won’t comprehend: People will always find a way to circumvent the law.
    No . . . all semi-auto pistols with magazines holding more than 7-8 rounds have now become "assault pistols". It's about demonizing any pistol, including common ones like the Beretta M9. The pistol used in California at the ballroom was a semi-auto MAC-10 "clone" with a 20 round magazine . . . which was immediately characterized as a military assault-pistol. Don't expect any facts or rational logic . . . they get in the path of the Completely and Totally Disarm America narrative.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    One of the methods I've seen shown in news reports that are used for smuggling the Glock Switch in from China is embedding them in stuffed animals. At one time you could order them on Chinese goods web sites like Aliexpress. There was no effort to keep them secret. I don't know if that's still the case after the mainstream media began reporting on them circa 2019-2020

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    In NovemberI visited my younger brother, a Lieutenant in a Detroit metropolitan suburban Police Department, and introduced him to training literature and video on said switches.
    His response in 2022?
    “What the hell are those”?!?
    “How come we don’t know about them”?!?
    He has since introduced a training program for his department.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    THIS. I've shot a G18 at one of the INGO shoots. Beyond a 3 round burst, they arent very useful. 4 shots is all I could get off while still on paper.

I'm sure with practice that I could keep the entire stick on paper. But yeah, for the average mope that doesnt practice to proficiency, if he hasnt hit you in the first 3 or 4 rounds, you're safe. (Your upstairs neighbors not so much)
    To quote the old timer that was shooting with us when we tried the 18, " I could be standing next to you in a phone booth and not hit you "
    He was one of the best shots I've ever seen

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Lol. You'd have a better chance of that being true under Trump. That was the brief period when you could get one guy/one gun crimes in because for all his faults he did push the AUSAs to file on gun toting criminals. Now, as in right now today, we could hand them several people dealing multiple switches still under investigation or already going through state courts but the AUSA has zero interest because it's too small potatoes.
    I was under the impression that there were multiple ATF stacks ready to go on a 3AM door-kicking campaign to hand out 10 year stints for pistol braces. You're telling me that they aren't even prosecuting actual unregistered machine pistols?

:)

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was under the impression that there were multiple ATF stacks ready to go on a 3AM door-kicking campaign to hand out 10 year stints for pistol braces. You're telling me that they aren't even prosecuting actual unregistered machine pistols?
    :lmfao:Absolutely. In unmarked vans stationed in every subdivision and two behind the Wal-mart.

I know gun forums like to pretend the ATF is a demigod with unlimited resources who can't wait to eat your babies who weren't lost in that last boating accident...but you know how it is. Historically one guy/one gun crimes were the same as someone going 2mph over on I-465. Illegal, sure, but who has the manpower or will to go after everyone doing that? It's too widespread and there's too many more serious issues to be dealt with.

Under Trump we got a lot of high risk domestic violence offenders with guns charged on one guy/one gun. People who were deemed highly likely to escalate to homicide due to certain aggravating ongoing factors (killing a domestic pet, strangulation, shooting at the house/car, that sort of thing). AUSAs were highly incentivized by that administration to charge a lot o' bad guys. That tapered off, though it's still viable for the worst of the worst. Even with POTUS and admin support, there's only so many agents, so many prosecuting attorneys, so much court space, and so much prison space. All of which I know you are aware of, but for those who don't have an inside look at the system vs what's publicly presented via media and supposition.

Locally, what I've seen (and understand I don't see everything of course) the priority stack goes something like one of the following:
    1) Gun shop burglaries
    2) Criminal gang/murder for hire combos.
    3) Major Criminal gang without murder for hire (your 15 man crew doing local dope rips isn't it)
    4) Extreme risk domestic violence offenders
    5) Already on federal probation

Absent those, it's essentially impossible to get one guy/one gun if that's actually all it is. You may then get a one guy/one gun charge based on what they had in their possession at the time. I.E, eat the sawed off shotgun charge instead of these 15 other naughty things you did. Or you may work the case for a year, present it to the AUSA, and they decide its not worth the resources.

I think that's about as much as I'll say publicly, other than it can be a very frustrating exercise both due to the politics and the very real resource limits.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Glock "switches" and 30rd mags are becoming pretty standard these days. I believe that many of these switches are being produced locally with 3d printers. Drive-by with 7.62 and .223/5.56 rifles are quite common as well.

Both are common around here as well.

I have the STL file for Glock switch. It's not actually hard to come by. I have not seen any printed ones, though. All the ones I've seen are the Chinese imported metal ones.

Top Bottom