IMPD Sgt gets charges for kicking handcuffed guy in face.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't forget lit on fire, tossed into the sewer and refused a proper burial. :rolleyes:
    Well it is Rooster so there is that.
    I am seriously concerned if some of us truly feel we could work these ultra high stress jobs and keep our sanity.
    I am in hopes this is an isolated situation where he just blew a cork.
    unless his record show different I will hold this view. If this is how he deals with these issues and his record reflects I will stand corrected.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I am seriously concerned if some of us truly feel we could work these ultra high stress jobs and keep our sanity.
    unless his record s go PSA different I will hold this view. If this is how he deals with these issues and his record reflects I will stand corrected.
    That's what I was wondering, is this a habit or just one time thing.
    Does this put any cases in jeopardy? I could see people coming out of the woodwork claiming they were mistreated by this guy now.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    unless his record s go PSA different I will hold this view. If this is how he deals with these issues and his record reflects I will stand corrected.
    I couldn't. And I know it. I'd show up to a certain type of crime scene and lose my ****.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Don't forget lit on fire, tossed into the sewer and refused a proper burial. :rolleyes:
    now now now, I prefer tar , feather, and rail myself
    in all seriousness a crime was committed in the presence of multiple police officers, who some might say aided the commission of said crime.

I think we have some rules and laws about aiding the commission of a crime .

it’s entire possible that after the fact and the heat of the moment the other two officers said “wow that was f**ked up” and reported this up the chain. If that happened then bravo good on them for doing the right thing. No charges or internal reprimands should happen.

if they didn’t report it and then crafted the written reports in such a way that neglected to mention that violent and unnecessary use of force then they aided the crime.

this isn’t a hard math equation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    now now now, I prefer tar , feather, and rail myself
    in all seriousness a crime was committed in the presence of multiple police officers, who some might say aided the commission of said crime.

I think we have some rules and laws about aiding the commission of a crime .

it’s entire possible that after the fact and the heat of the moment the other two officers said “wow that was f**ked up” and reported this up the chain. If that happened then bravo good on them for doing the right thing. No charges or internal reprimands should happen.

if they didn’t report it and then crafted the written reports in such a way that neglected to mention that violent and unnecessary use of force then they aided the crime.

this isn’t a hard math equation.
    You just seemed to jump to the worst possible conclusion, which seems to be your default position. You based your conclusion on a very short video clip, so I don't understand why you would assume the worst. Did you really think the other two officers were going to tackle the offending officer and cuff him right then and there?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Totally wrong and consequences are in order. It's sickening to watch.

What further disturbs me is the media coverage, not just on TV bun all over the internet also. The disturbing part is that the media is exploiting this and adds fuel to the fire. Racial division, further paints LEO's ad unstable people and more.

I wish the media would truly report on all crime and drill it in to society's brain that 99.9% LEO's are good people. Show the crime stats and what the police face every day. Report on each crime. Bring back profiling for all and report is openly. Let's level the playing ground in reality.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This wasn't a curbstomp. I would think that a little bit of video on the lead up to the lovetap might be beneficial. Yeah, it wasn't pretty, but the LEO's action might be viewed in the context of his entire career and a better judgement made than a short video clip dismissal. No firearms were discharged. No blood on the pavement.

As CM said, this is a job I wouldn't have been suited to do. I wouldn't have had the patience to deal with most of the "citizens" they have the opportunity to interact with.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This wasn't a curbstomp. I would think that a little bit of video on the lead up to the lovetap might be beneficial. Yeah, it wasn't pretty, but the LEO's action might be viewed in the context of his entire career and a better judgement made than a short video clip dismissal. No firearms were discharged. No blood on the pavement.

As CM said, this is a job I wouldn't have been suited to do. I wouldn't have had the patience to deal with most of the "citizens" they have the opportunity to interact with.
    Oh come on, you wouldn’t want one of our arguments on the side of the road with traffic wizzing by? Your taser could be the ignore button. ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So what happens to the other officers involved?

they all took part in the abuse of this man. The one first laying hands on did a half a** attempt at a leg sweep on a handcuffed man with no warning or Provocation other than using his words to say “no one cares what you do anymore”

Cop#2 kicks him in the head

cop#3 tries jerking him to flip him over while cop#1 is holding his torso down. Clearly not gonna flip him.

all three need fired and charged.
    Wait, what? The officer kicking him in the head was in the wrong, and should be investigated and dealt with properly, but firing and charging the other 2 just for being present when it happened? I know you dislike cops, that’s an entirely different debate, but charging ANYONE just for being in the presence of a crime is ridiculous.

You’re upset they didn’t intervene, but they have a suspect they’re trying to apprehend. Deal with internal affairs later, after the suspect is safely in custody and no longer being a jack ass. Sometimes as humans we let our emotions block out our rational thought process. I wouldn’t want LEO arguing and arresting each other on the side of the road. We have an entire agency dedicated to dealing with these situations.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I haven't had any coffee yet. Could you translate that to English for me?
    If you were a cop, and pulled me over, we could argue like we do on ingo, except there would be the added danger of traffic speeding by within feet while we argue. Of course, instead of the ignore button, you would have a taser at your disposal.

Meh, Nevermind. It’s lost its amusement to me.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The officer has no excuse for doing what he did. If this is SOP for this officer, he has no place in the field, but if this is an isolated incident maybe he deserves better than what he is getting. As we see, other officers are just as hard on those cops who are caught going overboard as cop haters. Having said that, all the crap that they have to put up with day in and day out takes its toll. There are reasons why cops have such a high divorce rate, suicide rate, etc. The load has gotten much heavier during COVID-19 and the current political climate requires them to bury their emotions. Sooner or later the pressure cooker will explode without a safety valve. Officers need to find a way to do a "time out" when they find their emotions starting to take charge. Helping keep, otherwise good officers, who "explode" instead of throwing them away like a dirty rag is the responsibility of the politicians (including Chiefs of Police) who have put them where they are. Politicians need to find a way to help good officers deal with the daily stresses of the job.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you were a cop, and pulled me over, we could argue like we do on ingo, except there would be the added danger of traffic speeding by within feet while we argue. Of course, instead of the ignore button, you would have a taser at your disposal.

Meh, Nevermind. It’s lost its amusement to me.
    No No keep going. It's still amusing me.

Now we know Alpo's on duty without having his coffee yet.

And ....Go. :starwars:

Top Bottom