IMPD Sgt gets charges for kicking handcuffed guy in face.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was a young man, I had more than a few interactions with the Police, Most of them were as part of War protests and a few were excessive consumption. It was pretty common for Police to have a length of rubber hose full of shot or sand used to straighten out a bad attitude. Some people have to learn the hard way.

In all those times I never got a night stick or dragged in the alley for a rubber hose lesson. Back then tear gas was in canisters thrown into the crowd so I did get some of the cloud. I never asked for escalation. I never spat on an officer, I never gave them grief. I did not threaten or try to fight. I never made our differences personal.

I don't understand how stupid a man would have to be to make himself a public nuisance until the Police get called, and then be an aggressive nuisance to three officers who get sent to calm him down. The man made a problem, escalated the problem and reaped what he sowed. I feel sorry for the officers.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't understand how stupid a man would have to be to make himself a public nuisance until the Police get called, and then be an aggressive nuisance to three officers who get sent to calm him down. The man made a problem, escalated the problem and reaped what he sowed.
    Most likely mentally unstable and I agree with everything but the last sentence. I feel sorry for the two officers who didn't do that. The guy that kicked him in the head/face deserves what the Chief and the courts decide to give him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Most likely mentally unstable and I agree with everything but the last sentence. I feel sorry for the two officers who didn't do that. The guy that kicked him in the head/face deserves what the Chief and the courts decide to give him.
    I hadn't seen the video yet when I heard Chief Taylor was recommending firing to the Merit Board.

I figured it was bad, it was.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I guess things are different since I was learning about life in the South Side of Chicago and the Calumet region. Where I grew up, no one would have thought anything about it. It was just accepted that people got what was coming to them no matter who they were. Some of my cohorts had to learn the hard way . Getting an attitude adjustment in the alley was far more beneficial for them than 30 days in City jail or Juvenile Hall. '71 was different than '21

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Kick" is generous, I'd call that a stomp. Videos can be misleading but this looks very, very bad on its face. I see how the investigation spat out an "oh hell no" in a day or two.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Yeah, that's rough. No call for that. That was more of a stomp than a kick.

The Chief seems to be handling it well.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Did not see the whole video. But from what you could see the guy was not putting up any type of physical resistance. The cop was a dumb ass. And deserved to be fired. Hopefully he will not get hired by another department. Let him figure out his retirement now.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The video I saw said the other two officers are under investigation as well? Honest question what are they even supposed to do in a situation like that , pull their guns on the ******* officer and arrest him too?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep that looks really bad, pretty much indefensible. Although, whoever the officer was that initially grabbed him and was trying to put him on the ground makes me wonder about the moments leading up to that point. He appeared to already be cuffed so just curious what the intent was there. Maybe he was refusing to simply have a seat on the ground??
    Regardless it doesn't justify the Sgt.'s actions at all.
    The story mentioned another Sgt. Which I'm not sure I understand why he is under investigation. Bad bad deal there

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wasn't me. And he is a dumbass.
    I should hope not, I'd expect a much, much better stomp out of you. Not to mention the shoes didn't look large enough or polished enough for them to be yours (not to mention that they looked like sneakers and not boots). And I agree.

Agree with every sentence of your post.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So what happens to the other officers involved?

they all took part in the abuse of this man. The one first laying hands on did a half a** attempt at a leg sweep on a handcuffed man with no warning or Provocation other than using his words to say “no one cares what you do anymore”

Cop#2 kicks him in the head

cop#3 tries jerking him to flip him over while cop#1 is holding his torso down. Clearly not gonna flip him.

all three need fired and charged.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess things are different since I was learning about life in the South Side of Chicago and the Calumet region. Where I grew up, no one would have thought anything about it. It was just accepted that people got what was coming to them no matter who they were. Some of my cohorts had to learn the hard way . Getting an attitude adjustment in the alley was far more beneficial for them than 30 days in City jail or Juvenile Hall. '71 was different than '21
    Getting an attitude tune up was pretty standard in my youth as yes I received a few and all were Merited. When your mouth writes checks you can not cash there are consequences and rightfully so. I reaped what I sewed. I also learned to follow the simple instructions when “LEO” gave them.
    this situation was none of what I described. Looks like that officer just hit the end of his patience. But this may not be an isolated situation for him either.

Top Bottom