• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If this weren't an LEO shooting, would you still be singing the same tune?

Yes. And have in much more questionable circumstances. And to prosecutors face to face, not anonymously online.

I've been on both sides of the investigation, as the shooter and as the detective investigating the shooting. I never did what you're doing, which has no basis in the law. I wrote my findings based on what the individual knew, or reasonably should have known, at the time they pulled the trigger and then corroborating evidence. Not watching it multiple times in slow motion from a different viewpoint then trying to make some opinion on justified or not based on that.

You don't know what you don't know, and both your opinion and reasoning reflect that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was wondering if this thread was going to stay between the ditches.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You never said it, but apparently officers are to be without any questioning...which is why I pose a question:

If this weren't an LEO shooting, would you still be singing the same tune?
    The comparison to a civilian shooting is irrelevant, because a civilian doesn't have to approach and cuff the suspect after a self-defense shooting. The civilian gets to run away and let somebody else clean up the mess. The cops don't have that benefit. Their job doesn't end until the person is under control, disarmed, and in custody. Key difference.

Double T, are you volunteering to physically walk up to a perp who just pointed a gun at you, and has been shot, and still has a moving hand with a gun in it, disarm him, roll his azz over and cuff him? Or do you want an "anchor shot" before performing the task?

The "anchor shot" is justified. And should be.

And I don't agree that the perp was no further danger, before the last shot. He doesn't have to be capable of very much movement, to fire a weapon. If the hand with the weapon is still moving, unfortunately for all involved, he's still a threat.

It is a ****ty deal, but that's why you're supposed to comply with instructions. It isn't LE's fault that a half-century of Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty has removed the "instruction following gene" from the DNA of one very, specific strain of humanity. When your mom's boyfriend tells you to do something, and you tell him to eff-off, you might just get a dirty look. But when you've been (allegedly) spewing bullets over 25% of Indianapolis, and the cops come after you, you're not dealing with your mom's boyfriend anymore.

I think we should borrow a line from the "woke phrase-book" in addressing scenarios like the one above. When a deadly thug gets buckshot-anchored and "the community" complains*, I think we should respond: "It's Not Brutality - It's Accountability."

(* - but I don't think very many in the community are complaining about this one).

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'd love to see the critic's response in this situation. Even with medical background, you can't determine someone's physiological response from behind convenient store aisles. You'd have to have clear eyes on them. Never mind you are in the middle of an extremely tense, stressful, and rapidly evolving situation where you must act.

I deleted my social media to get away from the ignorance. I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. Just a reminder why I don't hang out here much anymore.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    One of the most interesting aspects of the video to me was the reaction of the bystanders in the store when the officers came in and told them to exit. Some seemed more motivated to leave than others. Gray shirt and dreadlocks guy was in no hurry to go. Granted his face was blurred, but based on his body language he seemed more annoyed than anything. He actually paused on his way to the door and was directly behind one of the officers. I got the sense he was thinking something along the lines of, "**** this ************ right here."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One of the most interesting aspects of the video to me was the reaction of the bystanders in the store when the officers came in and told them to exit. Some seemed more motivated to leave than others. Gray shirt and dreadlocks guy was in no hurry to go. Granted his face was blurred, but based on his body language he seemed more annoyed than anything. He actually paused on his way to the door and was directly behind one of the officers. I got the sense he was thinking something along the lines of, "**** this ************ right here."
    Some people care more about face and fronting than their own lives. Don't care if they get caught in a shootout or not, the more important thing is for everyone to know that nobody tells them what to do.

Brambo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Columbus, Indiana
    A wanted felon walking around in broad daylight with a gun sticking out of his waistband usually means someone is going to get hurt. In this case he misjudged his own badness. Just 1 less gangsta walking around.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    To calm everyone down, let me say this!

It’s either a p93 or p94 You can tell by the frame and slide, the fact that it’s a straight taper indicate that, the p85/89 have a frame that narrows down in the frame (like the 1911) the frame is metal so it’s not a p95 (they have a polymer frame), I’m inclined to think it’s a 93, because the 94 had checkered grips (horizontal and vertical lines) and the p93 only had horizontal lines on the grips!

but the best way to know for sure is to know what caliber it is, cause the 93 was a 9mm and the 94 was a .40 s&w.

now the mystery is solved I’ll let you’ll get back to fighting about if it’s a good shoot or not!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Maybe the officer could have curved that last shot, Matrix-style, once his bionic x-ray eye picked up the “anchoring shot” hitting the t-spine.

OR! Just do a call-back on the bullet like with a K9.

OR! Pause time, get the clerk to put the camera angles together, get a bonafide expert to analyze it, unpause time, and not fire the last round.

Just spitballin’ here...

Top Bottom