• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JD1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have a question that I'm sure someone on here can answer. My wife is a Vietnamese immigrant. We've been married for 4 years and she has been in the U.S. for 2 years. She has her Permanent Resident (green card), SSN and IN state ID.
    My question is can she legally purchase firearms?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And bear in mind some gun stores ONLY accept a drivers license for purchases. Bradis I know specifically states they do not accept a state ID for at least firearms transactions.

Its a good shop, but didnt want you guys to waste your time trying there.

And if she is lawful to possess and carry a gun, it doesnt have to be HER gun. She can carry ANY gun if she is considered a proper person.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And bear in mind some gun stores ONLY accept a drivers license for purchases. Bradis I know specifically states they do not accept a state ID for at least firearms transactions.
    IIRC, they changed that several years ago. Perhaps they changed it back, I don't know. But MW was still working there when they made that change. And I've not been back in since they let MW go (I've spent many thousands of dollars elsewhere because of it) - despite another good dude and INGOer working there. I digress.

Should just be able to utilize the gov't issued ID (green card).

If it were me, I'd go to a shop and speak with someone about it.

Line 20 of the 4473 states: "If you are an alien, record your U.S.-issued alien or admission number (AR#, USCIS#, or I94#):"

So - if she has one of those ID's on her ID - then that would go in the box.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I have a question that I'm sure someone on here can answer. My wife is a Vietnamese immigrant. We've been married for 4 years and she has been in the U.S. for 2 years. She has her Permanent Resident (green card), SSN and IN state ID.
    My question is can she legally purchase firearms?
    Yes. I am a permanent resident myself. She can legally purchase firearms per federal law (state law may say differently).

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    IIRC, they changed that several years ago. Perhaps they changed it back, I don't know. But MW was still working there when they made that change. And I've not been back in since they let MW go (I've spent many thousands of dollars elsewhere because of it) - despite another good dude and INGOer working there. I digress.

Should just be able to utilize the gov't issued ID (green card).

If it were me, I'd go to a shop and speak with someone about it.

Line 20 of the 4473 states: "If you are an alien, record your U.S.-issued alien or admission number (AR#, USCIS#, or I94#):"

So - if she has one of those ID's on her ID - then that would go in the box.

Yes, the alien registration number is printed on the green card. It is a 9 digit number. This is a USCIS#.

Last edited:

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead

Its a good shop, but didnt want you guys to waste your time trying there.

And if she is lawful to possess and carry a gun, it doesnt have to be HER gun. She can carry ANY gun if she is considered a proper person.
    This is a good advice. Does she have a state id with her address, dob?
    She will need this to establish state of residency when doing the 4473. She also needs to show her green card and enter her uscis number on the 4473.

Top Bottom